250-hour TESOL Diploma: Online TESOL with Optional Practicum

250-hour TESOL Diploma: Online TESOL with Optional Practicum

The 250-hour TESOL Diploma is perfect for those who love teaching and want to pursue an international career in the field of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). Our graduates have obtained the most lucrative jobs in the world and many are now working as school directors or running their own ESL school in Canada and abroad. This program is recognized by TESL Canada (Standard 2) on completion of a separate 20-hour Practicum.

Key features:
-Various approaches within the Communicative Language Teaching method.
-PPP, ESA, TBL, and TTT lesson planning formats.
-Learn to teach different ESL levels.
-Learn to use authentic material so you can eventually fully replace the ESL textbook and create your own curriculum!
-Advanced grammar and phonology.
-Course material (Recognized by TESL Canada).
-Tutor support (Approved by TESL Canada).
-Video tutorials, recorded ESL lessons, and task-integrated videos

North America » Canada

• Job Assistance

Erin
South Korea
University of Kansas

Competitive value, convenience, and quality

I started looking for online TESOL certifications when I realized I didn't have time to take off from my job teaching English in Korea to get a CELTA. After thoroughly researching all the options, I decided to enroll in Ontesol's 250 hour Diploma + Practicum, and I am so glad I did! Having the freedom to complete the program concurrent with my teaching schedule was so convenient and helpful. Even though the program is rigorous, Ontesol's curriculum is well-organized and digestible, and the tutors are extremely helpful. Emails were always answered in a timely matter, and my questions were always thoroughly explained. My husband got his MA in TESOL when I was completing Ontesol's program and I noticed a lot of overlap in the material both programs covered, so when the website says the 250 hour certification goes beyond CELTA level, it is definitely true. I learned so much during my 7 months completing the course that I decided to continue on and obtain the 20 hour Practicum. Ontesol was very helpful in working with me to find a qualified supervisor so I could complete the practicum while teaching my regular classes here in Korea. Not only does my Ontesol TESOL Diploma make me a more qualified teacher for jobs overseas, but because Ontesol is recognized by TESL Canada, I am one step closer to becoming a certified Canadian ESL teacher which will help my employment opportunities when I do decide to return to North America eventually.

I really cannot recommend the Ontesol program enough for its high quality, convenience and great overall value. It is a great investment for any ESL instructor, regardless of location or prior qualifications. Thanks!

Marie
Edmonton

A comprehensive and challenging course

This Diploma Program is very comprehensive and challenging. The sections are well laid out and the format is easy to follow. The workload is intense but well worth the effort. The acquired knowledge is invaluable for new (or existing) instructors, with many new or vamped up tools for lesson planning. I found the phonology module especially well written, supported with videos and additional resources, and very helpful when teaching sounds, to lower level students. Tutor support was always readily available with advise and tips. I am very satisfied with this course and still incorporate learned techniques into my current lessons.

Some page numbers were mixed up so a bit of confusion existed when tracking (for review). I would suggest a portal for students to advise the administrators of any misprints or errors found in the modules.

Mariam
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
University of Southern Queensland

Everything you need to be an ESL Instructor

The most challenging yet the most beneficial element of the diploma program was to analyse and study lesson planning and then designing lesson plans. It was the essential foundation set with sufficient depth and detail to prepare me for the requirements of the practicum.

At no point of the course did I feel that I was required to do the same task over and over again. The difficulty of the tasks alternated at a specific point of the course which provided a break from extensive study.

The observation reports based on the video clips were a great way to observe an ESL class in progress before actually doing the practicum.

All in all, it was a great learning experience.

This is a tough question to answer. I suggest more videos would be nice. A video or a skype introduction of the tutor and the students would add a personal element to the learning experience. Also, one or two feedack sessions over video conferencing would be great.

Fatima
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
University of Southern Queensland

Intense yet Interesting Coursework :)

I am glad I had enrolled for the TESOL Diploma. It was an amazing learning journey. The content is laid out in a way that it introduces the different elements one by one and provides enough practice so that the learner develops confidence in putting the theory to practice. By the time the course was over, my confusion and inhibition was also over related to certain lesson planning aspects.

The teacher was very supportive and prompt in addressing to any concerns I had.

One of the modules had an incorrect page number which I had notified the teacher about. Other than that everything was great!

OnTESOL offers a wide variety of certifications to train their students on how to teach English as a foreign language. Learn more about OnTESOL online TESOL courses below.