120-hr Advanced TESOL Course: Online TESOL

Get internationally recognized TESOL training and certification! Our 120-hour Advanced TESOL certificate is perfect for gap-year teachers and professional teachers alike. This program is recognized by TESL Canada for their Professional Standard 1 certification (Equivalent to CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL) on completion of a separate 20-hour Practicum.

Program Highlights
  • Tutor support and Course Material included (Approved by TESL Canada).
  • Job placement assistance.
  • Video tutorials, recorded ESL lessons, and task-integrated videos.
  • Learn to create professional lesson plans using the Communicative Approach.
  • Includes grammar and phonology!

• 9-10 rating 72.73%
  • Engagement 8
  • Platform 9
SAHAR

OnTESOL review

This was a very smooth and coherent program. My tutor was very informative and her feedback on my assignments was very constructive. The lessons were very well structured and organized, which made it quite easy to follow the chapters. Although some of the educational videos could be more engaging, the content was relevant and useful. I tried to made most of this learning experience, and hope it can help me to achieve my career goals in future. I recommend taking this course to those people who are passionate about teaching with or without prior teaching experience.

Bob

A Respected Program with Excellent Teachers and Support Staff

When I was searching for a TESL program, quality and cost were both important factors for me. I had already taught abroad for many years, so I figured I just needed the certification. ONTesol had the most reasonable tuition of the providers on my shortlist, and after inquiring to several educational institutions about the ONTesol program (whether they had heard of it, the validity of the program, etc.) I decided to enrol with ONTesol. The program surpassed my expectations. I’m so happy i chose ONTesol. I learned quite a bit, even after ten years of teaching, and I highly recommend the program.

Warren

Plenty of substance and support!

This certificate will provide secure grounding for you in the three main areas of TESOL that you need to know before you step into the classroom (Grammar, Phonology and Methodology). Your progress is checked by assignments such as essays and lesson plans which demonstrate that you have not only understood the material (lower order thinking skills) but that you can use what you have learned to create original lesson plans (higher order thinking skills). You will be glad of this when the need arises to produce your own work. On top of the enormous range of expert video content and written material on the platform, the support staff are excellent and are truly helpful. Finally, my tutors both have excellent qualifications and are very experienced, senior colleagues and practitioners in TESOL. I can fully recommend this course to you.

Emily

The Benefits of Teaching Overseas

I have loved my experiences abroad! Being able to teach in another culture is a wonderful experiance that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Teaching overseas helped me confirm my dream of becoming an educator and I felt so lucky to have been able to do that. TESOL gave me the tools I needed to create fun and exciting lesson plans for my students. I believe that my lesson plans have improved exponentially since taking this course. I am grateful to have been apart of this program and I hope other educators take advantage of overseas opportunities.

If you choose to teach overseas I would recommend being open and adaptable to new experiences. Some of my favourites moments away happened because I took a leap of faith!
Meredith

A serious course for serious teachers.

I took the 120-hour Advanced TESOL Certificate course with the 20-hour TEYL Specialization. Once I completed the course, they helped me find a job teaching English online, which I was able to land within 3 weeks of graduating! They also helped me get a job in South Korea that I will be starting in June, so I would say that their job assistance program is excellent and their courses are broadly recognized.

I chose this course after reading all the positive reviews and because it is accredited by TESL Canada. I contemplated other online courses but this one seemed to be the best. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Cannot think of anything. I rated their Academic Rigor 10/10, but it should be 15/10! It is a course that will challenge you to become a competent English teacher. ++
Charllotte

Worth the course

I liked that this course catered to my hectic schedule and that it was able to teach me new styles of teaching, lesson planning and improvements with my already existing teaching style. The tutors were available with any help or questions I had, and they were able to explain the material that I didn’t get. The practicum allowed me to be in real-life scenarios with students and was able to teach me problem-solving skills. Also, it made me more confident about myself and my abilities to teach various skills to my students. I liked it a lot! Good Experience overall!

Nothing that I could think of, but perhaps more staff to the job support team.
Ayala

I Did The TESOL Certificate and Practicum

I completed the TESOL certificate and the Practicum with OnTESOL in Toronto. I am very happy with the quality of the course and the support I received from both my tutors. It was an intensive course and it took me about 2 months to do the whole thing. The online portion was very useful because it prepared me for the lesson plans I had to do during the Practicum portion. I had to take the Practicum to get TESL Canada accreditation and I would really recommend it to anyone who is considering starting a career because the feedback from the teacher trainer is very valuable. It really helps if you are a new teacher!

The course had about 12 videos and 3 of them are full ESL lessons. These videos helped a lot to see how a lesson plan becomes an ESL class because they are integrated with the assignments. I would recommend producing more of these videos!
Amy

120 hour TEFL and TEYL

This was a helpful course with knowledgable and helpful tutors. The first few units were a little easy, in my opinion, but the later ones were a bit more challenging and contained some useful content about lesson frameworks in particular. I've already begun testing out some of the ideas from the course on my own students and think that having done this course has made my own teaching better. Thanks again!

I found some of the content at the beginning of the course a bit easy and not so helpful - the later content was much better, particularly the TEYL module. I would have preferred more rigorous content about understanding how people learn and some content about classroom control or other common problems teachers may encounter.