• Online

Job Placement
Certifications
Online TEFL Online TESOL TEFL TESOL

Pricing

CA$650 Price in Canadian dollars. Fee includes course materials, tutor feedback and support, taxes, and the first copy of the TESOL certificate.
What's Included
Accommodation Airfare Airport Transfers Visa
What's Included (Extra)

Some jobs include visa support, accommodation, insurance, airfare and airport transfer.

What's Not Included
Meals SIM cards Travel Insurance
What's Not Included (Extra)

10-hour Live Workshop: $350

Add an extra 20-hour specialist on teaching English to young learners, teaching online, teaching business English, and/or teaching IELTS courses. Regular $299. Save $200 on each specialist when you register in the TESOL course with OnTESOL.

Dec 08, 2023
Jun 18, 2024
4 travelers are looking at this program

The 120-hour Advanced TESOL certificate is valid worldwide so you never have to take another 120-hour course again. Use your OnTESOL certificate to go abroad, teach English online, and pursue an ESL teaching career in Canada or the United States.

OnTESOL is institutionally accredited by ACCET( US Department of Education Recognized Agency). This course is recognized by TESL Canada and TESL Ontario.

Get the skills you need to teach English effectively anywhere in the world! Learn to do communicative and task-based ESL lesson plans through advanced Lab Assignments.

Study and submit assignments at your own pace. Maximum 6 months to pass the course. 120-hour graduates who complete the separate 20-hour Practicum, have a university degree, and meet English proficiency requirements (Native English speakers or non-native speakers with valid a IELTS/TOEFL score) can upgrade to TESL Canada and TESL Ontario certification.

Program Highlights

• Tutor support and course material included (Recognized by TESL Canada).
  • Job assistance
  • Video tutorials, recorded ESL lessons, and task-integrated videos.
  • Learn to create professional lesson plans
  • Add 10-hour Lesson Planning Workshop (Extra Fee)

Popular Programs

Our Accreditation:

The 120-hour course is included in the 168-hour Hybrid TEFL Certificate (35% OFF). You can have the cake and eat it too with our semi-synchronous TESOL/TEFL program! Study at your own pace and attend live 10-hour Lesson Planning Workshop when you reach the methodology module to learn with other peers and get ready for the lesson planning Lab Assignments. This TEFL bundle also includes 3 specialists!

TEYL Specialist

$199 OFF when you add a 20-hour specialist on Teaching English to Young Learners. Recommended for K-12 teachers going abroad!

Teaching Online Specialist

$200 OFF when you add a 20-hour specialist on teaching English online to the 120-hour course. Recommended for online teaching jobs!

Teaching Business English Specialist

$200 OFF when you add the 20-hour specialist on teaching Business English to your 120-hour TESOL course.

Teaching IELTS Specialist

$200 OFF when you add the 20-hour specialist on teaching IELTS preparation courses to your 120-hour TESOL course.

• 5 rating 86.67%
  • Engagement 4.6
  • Platform 4.75
Dariia

120-hour Advanced TESOL - Excellent Course

Even though I've been teaching English for 4 years, this course was exceptional. All the materials were incredibly useful, including the additional videos and resources. I especially enjoyed the Phonology Module; my knowledge in this area had become rusty, and it was great to refresh it. The Methodology Module was the highlight for me. I took great pleasure in creating lesson plans, and with Margaret's help, I had the opportunity to refine key points. I loved that I could work at my own pace, which allowed me to balance this course with my main job.

Pros
  • Useful materials and resources.
  • The mentor was really fast in checking my lesson plans.
  • Flexible pacing to fit around my main job.
Cons
  • Some content might feel repetitive for experienced teachers.
Oxana

120-hour Advanced TESOL certificate

The program of the course is well-structured. The videos were a helpful component in each module. I do recommend watching them as well as reading the materials. Also, practice tests are a great way to improve your chances of getting a better score on the final exam, particularly in Grammar and Phonology modules.
The lesson planning module was a bit challenging but very useful.
I would probably expand the section on lesson-planning to give students more opportunities to practice.
Overall, it is a great course. I do recommend it.

Nazila

Awesome Course

I’m happy to share that I’ve obtained a 120-hour Advanced TESOL Certificate from Coventry House International- OnTESOL.
The course was well-structured, covered a wide range of teaching methods and classroom management techniques.
The feedback from experienced teachers helped me improve my teaching approach.
I am now more certain and well-prepared to thrive in the classroom setting. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to enhance their teaching skills and make a positive impact on their students.
Thank you OnTESOL. I learned a lot.

Yan

Good

Good! Learn a lot about English teaching like PPP, theory of it, phonology, teaching methodology, lesson plan, error correction, adult learning theory.

Teacher is very supportive on homeworks and encourages me to keep learning. Quizzes is hard for me but i think its OK to make mistakes while learning.

It is a great way to start your teaching career by studying tesol in ontesol.

Pros
  • self learning
  • supportive
  • a lot of relatedknowledge
Angela Maria Marques

120-hr Advanced Tesol Certificate

One topic I had never learned about before was phonology and Andragogy (The Adult Learner). I really liked the tutors Margaret, Aaron and Claudia. All of them has eplained in details all my doubts. The methodology, the videos, the lesson planning workshops were very helpful for me. I could even watch the workshops twice, I have watched twice by my choice to improve my listening skill. So, it was worth every minute of studying, as I learned a lot. I liked it so much that I continue taking other courses they offer. My private tutor Margaret is wonderful.

Pros
  • I could improve my writing skills.
  • I have learned how to write a PPP lesson
  • I have learned several techniques to make classes more fun and functional.
Cons
  • I used to print the material to read, the printed material was not so complete as in platform.
Namsu

120-hr tesol course

Materials were easy to find and read. OnTesol admin and tutors reply back to messages and emails within the designated time (48hrs). Course is pretty straight forward. Anyone can do it if you set your mind to it, especially with tutors being there to help at all times. Dead lines are flexible and very easy to fit around your busy everyday schedule. 120 hours is plenty of time to finish the whole course hands down. If more time is needed, you can simply extend for a fee. This will be really helpful for wrorking adults. Overall very good experience and would reccommend.

Pros
  • Work on your own hours
  • Given Lots of time to finish the course
  • Even if you don't finish the program, you have to option to extend for a fee.
Cons
  • Tutors sometimes take longer than 48hours to reply back to messages and assignments.
  • Tutors usually grade you at night time which means you get your grades at night time.
  • Too much videos to watch.
jean

Excellent course!

I have been a certified teacher for over 25 years. I opened my own school in Japan and had staff teachers from all over the world. I decided to take OnTESOL course to further my knowledge.
Even after all these years of teaching experiences, I was motivated by how much more there was to learn in the ESL field, thank you OnTESOL.
Most of all, the professor that tutored me was an AMAZING instructor. if I take more classes, I would like to study with Professor FLORINA again.
Thank you OnTESOL for the great program.

Pros
  • Excellent program. Even after many years of teaching experience, I learned so much. I am lookihng forward to using all the teachings I learned OnTesol
  • thank you so much OnTesol for the amazing program.
Cons
  • just because I am not too competent with computers, sometimes I could't drag the answers on the mini quizzes. other than that, everything was PERFECT!!!
Priscilla

120 Hour Advanced Tesol Certificate

I have had a great experience with ONTESOL. From the very beginning and right after I signed up for the course. The Admin Team was very prompt to answer my questions about the course prior to signing up and so was the tutor. I had a tutor name Aaron and it was very delightful to correspond with him. Furthermore, he helped me to navigate the course seamlessly. The course was very beneficial to me and I feel very equipped to start my new career as an online ESL teacher. I am confident that I will eventually get the opportunity to teach in a classroom. Choosing ONTESOL was a great decision!