View Other Details
- Must be at least 25
- 5 days a week (15 hours a week) → for 15 weeks
- 3 or more years experience as a teacher/educator for any age level, or comparable experience leading/directing youth programs
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Proficient in the use of Zoom
- Access to a computer or laptop
- Strong and reliable internet connection
- Able to connect from September 7th - December 17th, 2021 for approximately 8 total hours in Zoom each week (5 days a week) Monday 3 PM - 5:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time *weekly meeting at 3 PM Tuesday-Friday 3:45 PM - 5:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
How will I benefit from volunteering?
You will gain invaluable teaching and leadership skills as well as experience in English as a Foreign Language. Volunteering with English Language Learners in a virtual environment will also help you grow your creativity, adaptability, communication skills, confidence, and comfort working virtually - an increasingly prevalent skillset.
How will Outreach360 Virtual English Academy students benefit from my service?
English is a highly sought-after skill for our students and their communities. Opportunities to learn from native and near-native English speakers are few and far between, not to mention costly, so this is an unparalleled service you can offer. The time you spend with students will have an incredible impact on their education and inspire them to get excited about furthering their English learning. In addition, as a professional educator, your expertise and mentorship of the English Teachers that may teach alongside you improves the overall quality of Outreach360's English instruction and enrichment activities for our students. Not only that, but the funds you raise provide this opportunity at no cost to our students' families. We can guarantee that taking time out of your week to serve our students will make a real difference.
Our Virtual Impact Program connects volunteers from across the globe with students throughout Latin America, who attend our after-school Virtual English Academy free of charge.
Applications are now open for our Virtual Volunteer Lead English Teacher position to serve young students enrolled in our Virtual English Academy during the September-December 2021 semester. Gain online international leadership and English as a Foreign Language experience while making a lifetime impact on young students throughout Latin America. You’ll connect 5 days a week for a weekly total of 15 virtual service hours and use your background as a professional educator to provide our students with English instruction and inspire them to create opportunities for their futures. Join us as we bridge cultures digitally and inspire and empower each other to reach our full potential. All it takes is a background in education, a computer, an internet connection, and a passion for service.
- Serve Virtually ~ Impact Globally
- Our Virtual Impact Program connects volunteers from across the globe with our students in Latin America.
- Gain online international leadership and English as a Foreign Language experience while making a lifetime impact on young students throughout Latin America.
- Join us as we bridge cultures digitally and inspire and empower each other to reach our full potential.
- All it takes is a background in education, a computer, an internet connection, and a passion for service.
View the latest teaching job postings by Outreach360.