Teaching English in South Korea will give you all the benefits a TEFL teacher would ever ask for. A good salary, free flight ticket, free housing, travel stipends, health insurance, and the opportunity to enrich the lives of students who are eager to learn from you.
A designated sponsor of the U.S. Cultural Exchange Programs, GEC is also one of the official partner organizations for EPIK program, which allows GEC teachers to teach at public schools in South Korea. One of the most secure and beneficial teach abroad programs, EPIK (English Program in Korea) was established in 1995 and is affiliated with the Korean Ministry of Education. All EPIK teachers are employed by the Korean government. Your job is secure with EPIK. You will never be released from your contract for budget or institutional problems nor for preferential reasons. Also, you are always paid in full and paid on time, unlike some private academies.
- GEC is a designated sponsor of the U.S. Cultural Exchange Programs and an official U.S partner organization for EPIK program.
- All EPIK teachers are employed by the Korean government.
- Enjoy great benefits such as rent-free furnished apartment, airfare reimbursement, 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
- GEC provides high quality TEFL Certification by University of Arizona (120 hour online program)
- Assistance for visa, pre-departure orientation, health & travel insurance, airport pick-up and 24/7 emergency support.