Get TEFL Certified & Save $15,000 per year teaching English in South Korea

Interested in getting paid to travel the world? By getting TEFL certified with ITA you can teach English in South Korea and save up to $15,000 per year!

The job market for teaching English in South Korea is currently one of the largest and strongest in the world. A 4-year university degree, a clean FBI background check, and a TEFL certificate are required.

A job teaching English abroad in South Korea is a fantastic way to live overseas, build your resume, save money or pay off debt, and exploring one of the most exciting destinations in Asia.

With your International TEFL Academy TEFL certification & lifetime job search assistance, you'll be able to finding professional teaching jobs in South Korea & in more than 80 countries worldwide.

We've helped more than 20,000 people get TEFL certified & experience the world. Join the movement, make a difference, and earn some money along the way!

Why is International TEFL Academy the Right Choice?

• One-on-One Pre-Enrollment Guidance: What TEFL class is best for teaching English in South Korea? Is South Korea the right country choice for me? How much money do I need to bring with me to South Korea & what kind of visa do I need? Your personal ITA Advisor will help you navigate these questions about TEFL certification & teaching English abroad in South Korea, including detailed information about English teaching jobs in popular cities like Seoul and Busan.
  • Professional TEFL Certification Courses: We offer accredited TEFL certification courses online (11 weeks online) and in-person (4 weeks) in 25 locations worldwide, and of these would qualify you to teach English in South Korea. Every ITA TEFL class exceeds international professional standards for instructor qualifications, accredited curriculum, and student teaching hours. It’s recommended to get TEFL certified in your home country because you apply for your job in South Korea via Skype before you leave. It’s much easier to complete your work visa paperwork from home before you head abroad.
  • We Have Been in YOUR shoes: Everyone on the ITA staff has extensive international experience. Travel is in our blood. It’s our passion to help people realize how realistic this dream of living & working abroad can be. We all appreciate the challenges & rewards of living, traveling, and working abroad.
  • One-on-One Job Search Guidance for Teaching English in South Korea: How do I actually find a teaching job in Seoul or Busan? Once enrolled in any ITA TEFL class, you’ll work with our team of expert Student Affairs advisors to help you prepare for your job search in Korea. Enjoy access to the most comprehensive job resources & guidance on the planet to help you navigate international job markets across South Korea, Asia, and in 80 countries worldwide.
  • Access to ITA Worldwide Alumni Network: Don’t know anyone in South Korea? No problem! ITA has a massive group of ITA alumni in Korea, and you’ll be able to connect with a bunch of fellow teachers before you head abroad. As an ITA alumni you have exclusive opportunities to network, connect, and correspond with our 20,000 ITA alumni teaching English across the globe. This is a great way to meet friends before you leave for Korea & get all of your questions answered by current ITA alumni on the ground abroad in Asia!

How Do I Get Started?

Contact International TEFL Academy for your starter brochure or call us directly at 773-634-9900 & start working with your personal Admission Advisors. Your advisor will work with you one-on-one to answer your all of your questions, go over your options & set up your game plan to see the world. Your advisor will be happy to speak with you as many times as you need to go over job markets, hiring requirements, TEFL course options & much more.

Your journey begins now so let’s get in touch & let’s get started!

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 8.3
  • Instruction 9.7
  • Difficulty 7.7
  • Job Assistance 9
Amanda

Valuable TEFL course

I recommend International TEFL Academy for anyone who wants to teach overseas. The In-Person practicum is required for many countries including South Korea, and International TEFL Academy provides great resources and support even from a distance. The tools I gained helped me immensely in teaching abroad in South Korea. Although the course was online, I still felt connected to the instructor and the other students who were taking my class with me.

More job search functions would be nice. Networking opportunities specifically for online students who are unable to attend physical class.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hey Amanda! Thank you for sharing your story about getting TEFL certified and teaching English in South Korea. Glad you found the Online class helpful and that is set you up for a great experience in Korea. Have you checked out our ITA Alumni Facebook groups? If not, this is a great place to do some networking and meet people on the ground all over the world. Here's the link to our index of alumni groups, you can request to join as many as you'd like - https://bit.ly/1dKsPeh

Safe travels! If you ever need anything just get in touch! - ITA

Amber

Go Abroad with Ease with ITA!

I started my online TEFL course with ITA in April 2017 and completed by July 2017. The online course was convenient for those who work full time jobs, and the directions for each assignment were easy to understand. I also appreciate that they required me to complete a practicum, by volunteering to teach English somewhere in my local community. Teaching Spanish and Arabic speakers was a good first step to prepare me for going abroad.

They also helped me prepare my resume and gather all the necessary documents to work in Korea. They provided recommended recruiters and websites, and once I got a job offer, they helped me review my contract. Overall, it was a great experience, and I will be using their help again to find my next job in Taiwan or elsewhere!

I would have preferred a bit more one on one contact from the online course instructor and a bit more information on the recommended time to start searching for a job, but overall I still had a great experience.
Response from International TEFL Academy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience it our Online TELFL class! Glad you found this class manageable, even with your full-time work schedule. Don't forget, you have your job search advisor here at ITA so you can work one-on-one and make sure you are clear about your timeline for searching for a job and planning your move to Asia! Always feel free to get in touch! - ITA

Alma

The best decision I've ever made

I've been wanting to teach in South Korea for about 4 years now, and I finally plucked up the courage to get a TEFL certification. Although the price is steep, IT IS SO WORTH IT. ITA is responsive, comprehensive, engaging, challenging, and rewarding! I did the online course because I was in my last year of Bachelors and, although the workload was appropriately large, I never felt overwhelmed, and spent 10 weeks learning. I would recommend this program, no question.

hello :)
Ann Marie

Pretty helpful before teaching abroad

After doing Americorps for a year and researching which was the best TEFL School. I decided to do my TEFL with ITA. I did the in person class and it was pretty challenging and intense. I was pretty tired but after that one month. I felt ready to start my teaching experience abroad. I went to South Korea and taught elementary and middle school students for 2 years. ITA was helpful from the beginning until the end. They are honest and provide you with a lot of information. I highly recommend investing in your TEFL with ITA, if you don't have a BA in Education. By doing so, you will gain confidence and feel ready to go abroad.

N/A
Ben

Get Certified with International TEFL Academy

My wife and I did this program together about a year ago. We were both working full time and chose to take the online course. The flexibility of taking the course online was great. We were able to devote enough time to it on the weekends and in the evenings. Overall my interactions with ITA were great. I definitely remember my phone call with ITA asking all the questions I could think of before I actually enrolled. They were great at explaining the scope of the commitment. Throughout the course they were very helpful and the instruction was great. When it came time to apply for jobs, we definitely relied on ITA to be a sounding board and they got us ready and prepared for any interviews. Now almost 9 months into our first contact, I wouldn’t have done it any other way.

Tommy

If you want to be affiliated with an organization that cares about you, choose ITA

This might sound overly dramatic but working with ITA changed my life. At a time when I was really trying to figure out how to make a shift, they really helped me out. Not to mention the support that they gave me while I was searching to get a job teaching English. ITA helped me navigate the murky waters of getting a job in South Korea and I believe I could not have done it without their help. If you are looking for a crew of people dedicated to your success who have already done what you are trying to do, look no further. Choose ITA and let them help you make your dreams come true.

Denise

Get TEFL Certified with International TEFL Academy

I had already graduated from a university and had made up my mind to teach English in South Korea. I wanted to cover all bases and get a TEFL Certificate. I researched extensively online and found International TEFL Academy. Their website was the easiest to navigate for me and they had a lot of information on the website. I signed up for the one month intensive in-class course in Chicago because I had a friend I could live with there (Chicago is about 7 hours from my town) and I prefer speaking directly with my teachers/peers.

The teachers in Chicago were excellent and I got so much out of each class. We were able to teach actual ESL students (they got courses for free and we got practice teaching) with supervision from the instructors. The instructors AND the staff went over how to apply to different places (depending on the country) and since I already knew where I wanted to go, I signed up with a recruiter (Teach ESL Korea) and they lined up interviews for me. I had about five interviews and afterward had a choice of which school (I had chosen private schools) I wanted.

Everything was pretty straight forward and I would wholeheartedly recommend ITA to anyone wanting to teach English abroad.

I had experiences in Korea that I would not have had anywhere else. I extended my contract and after that was finished, traveled South East Asia with coworkers/friends I had made. I am in the process of applying to grad school and will definitely use my experiences working abroad towards grad school and eventually a career in study/work abroad programs.

I would have some kind of practical opportunity to teach children as well as adults. It was useful and educational teaching adults but a lot of Korean jobs are for elementary aged students, so that would have been helpful (especially for classroom management/discipline, as it is challenging teaching very young students whose mother tongue is not English).
Response from International TEFL Academy

Hi Denise, we are glad you got a lot our of our training and job assistance. We appreciate your suggestion of practice teaching with young learners. Unfortunately managing non English speaking children of all ages in a student teaching environment where we provide free lessons is not possible. It's rare for any TEFL certification school to be able to do this in a practical and meaningful way. Our graduates can always volunteer at local ESL centers with children prior to going overseas to get that extra experience if they wish.

About International TEFL Academy

International TEFL Academy is passionate about two things:

1) Providing the highest quality TEFL certification classes.

2) Ensuring all of our graduates find professional, paid English teaching jobs abroad & have a wonderful experience overseas.

...