Korvia Consulting - Teach English in Korea

Korvia Consulting is one of the largest and most trusted public school teacher placement agencies in South Korea. Since 2006, Korvia has offered teachers continual support from initial application, to their first day of school, to their final day in South Korea. Korvia is also one of the few agencies to be located in the nation's capital of Seoul allowing us uninterrupted communication as well as access to some of the best positions available.

Korvia works directly with the Korean government as well as education offices around the country and are an OFFICIAL PARTNER of the EPIK, GEPIK, and GOE programs.

• Benefits 9.6
  • Facilities 9.4
  • Instruction 9
  • Academic Rigor 9
  • Job Assistance 9
Matthew

Great

Korvia worked great for me. I had originally applied to EPIK and was accepted, but with the pandemic, most of the local school districts in Korea closed to people outside the country. It was a race for me to get a job before my background check expired. Once I found a suitable hagwon that wanted me, Korvia really did work to make sure I got everything I needed and asked for in a timely manner. I currently am in Geoje, South Korea and am loving it. The pandemic and rains are making it difficult to get out and meet people but I came here for solo soul searching and job growth . I think I'll be okay I would highly recommend Korvia.

Do your research on your areas of preference!!! I knew Geoje was small and I was looking forward to it, but getting around the island is a little bit of a pain.
Vivian

Korvia

Korvia Consulting was very professional throughout the entire recruiting process. The application for EPIK can be very daunting at times due to their specific requirements and strict timeline. The recruiters always responded in a timely manner and were incredibly helpful. I applied for Fall 2020, so the application period opened during the height of COVID-19. It definitely felt uncertain and unclear to whether or not I was coming to Korea at all once direct applicants started receiving their placements before I heard word from Korvia. Eventually, I received a placement and got my visa to move to Korea. If I had to do the process over again, I would still use Korvia Consulting because they helped me so much before I came to Korea and are still providing me with useful information even though I am now in Korea.

So, thank you very much Korvia! You are amazing.

Have LOTS of patience if you are going through Korvia Consulting. It may be difficult at times, but it is definitely worth it.
Ashley

Wonderful Experience with Korvia

When first applying to EPIK, I knew I wanted to use a recruiter to help make my application process as smooth as possible. I had heard overwhelmingly positive reviews about Korvia, so I decided to apply to EPIK with them. The assistance that my recruiter and the whole Korvia team provided was amazing. My recruiter made sure my application and all necessary documents were in top shape, answered all of my questions promptly, and made sure I was the best applicant I could be. They have my highest recommendation.

Hope

Korvia :)

This was my second time coming to Korea and Korvia was extremely understanding with some instances I had in choosing a school. They were on top of all documents and quick in response to both my school and me. I have recommended this program to all who ask for recruiter recommendations and friends from home who are curious about teaching abroad. Korvia continues to be helpful in any way as I continue to settle in my city. If I ran into a translation issue, I could call my recruiter for some help in this issue with no problem.

Emily

Helpful As Much As Possible

Korvia did a great job at providing resources to help me prepare my application, paperwork, and stay in Korea. I also felt comforted to know that they carefully looked over my application and paperwork before sending it off to EPIK.

Not only did I receive informative resources, but they also hosted helpful webinars to make sure I was prepared for my interview.

Lastly, they sent me a generous care package while I was in quarantine. Overall, I'm very grateful to Korvia and their staff. Moving to teach in Korea can be very overwhelming and confusing. Thanks to Korvia, I was able to figure it out with people who were friendly and knew what they were doing. I highly recommend Korvia!

The only struggle I had was receiving specific information of my EPIK application progress. There were a few times when I heard from other EPIK applicants information that would have been helpful to hear from Korvia. This might have been due to the virus. However, Korvia still always responded to me promptly if I had a question.
Amo

Highly Recommend

Teh team at Korvia was really great in helping me apply for Gepik. I was paired with Jina and she was an amazing recruiter. She helped me work out how to get documents ad answered all my many, many, many questions. The people I was in contact with were very helpful, polite and professional. I was really anxious about going through all the paperwork and getting my documents in order especially because I was still working at my previous job. The team gave me lots of tips on how to get everything done.
Great company overall.

Eric

Would use Korvia again.

I used Korvia to help me find a job for my second year teaching in Korea. I wanted to be more picky the second time around because my first year wasn't anything like what I imagined. I thought the staff at Korvia would be annoyed that I rejected job opportunities for 3 or 4 weeks before finally accepting an interview, but they did't seem to mind at all. Eventually they found me a dream job at a private school where I would like to stay for the foreseeable future. What more can you ask for?

TLDR: If I ever need to use a recruiter again, Korvia will be my only choice.

Olivia

Great recruiter

For some years I had been considering taking a break in my studies to teach abroad. I finally took the leap this year, all via Korvia Consulting. People often ask me, "Why Korea?" and the truth is because Korvia was recommended to me and when I looked on the website the application process was so easy!

I really liked that I could put in my preferences for age of students, cities/rural places and the like. Thanks to Korvia I got a job close to a rural area and just down the road from a nature reserve. Even better is that I am not in fact teaching English, but rather subjects related to my field of study.

Korvia guides you through the whole process and makes sure you don't arrive stranded at the airport. They even even send you a helpful arrival pdf (covering things from work hierarchy to how to work your underfloor heating!) and links on how to get a cellphone plan.

The only thing I slightly disliked was that I couldn't compare jobs. I could only accept a job, or decline and move on. However, seeing as I struggle to decide between options, maybe this was a good thing!

I would recommend Korvia Consulting to others and would use them again if I wanted to change schools.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Acorn jelly! (Dotorimuk) Also fresh seaweed. Kelp, to be exact. And fermented soya bean paste (doenjang). There are so many unfamiliar foods in the shops. I still haven't tried out most of them!