Korvia Consulting - Teach English in Korea

View from School Window
View from School Window
In Korea
In Korea
Some homemade Korean food!

Korvia Consulting is one of the largest and most trusted public school teacher placement agencies in South Korea. Since 2006, Korvia has offered teachers continual support from initial application, to their first day of school, to their final day in South Korea. Korvia is also one of the few agencies to be located in the nation's capital of Seoul allowing us uninterrupted communication as well as access to some of the best positions available.

Korvia works directly with the Korean government as well as education offices around the country and are an OFFICIAL PARTNER of the EPIK, GEPIK, and GOE programs.

Dedicated Support: With You from the Beginning Till End.

Our #1 priority is you. We believe that by hiring qualified and dedicated teachers we can improve the overall quality of the Korean education as a whole. We are with you through the application process, at the airport when you arrive, and the last phone call you’ll receive if you decide to go back to your home country. We’ll be with you until the end!

• Benefits 9.6
  • Facilities 9.5
  • Instruction 9
  • Academic Rigor 9
  • Job Assistance 9
Amo

Highly Recommend

Teh team at Korvia was really great in helping me apply for Gepik. I was paired with Jina and she was an amazing recruiter. She helped me work out how to get documents ad answered all my many, many, many questions. The people I was in contact with were very helpful, polite and professional. I was really anxious about going through all the paperwork and getting my documents in order especially because I was still working at my previous job. The team gave me lots of tips on how to get everything done.
Great company overall.

Eric

Would use Korvia again.

I used Korvia to help me find a job for my second year teaching in Korea. I wanted to be more picky the second time around because my first year wasn't anything like what I imagined. I thought the staff at Korvia would be annoyed that I rejected job opportunities for 3 or 4 weeks before finally accepting an interview, but they did't seem to mind at all. Eventually they found me a dream job at a private school where I would like to stay for the foreseeable future. What more can you ask for?

TLDR: If I ever need to use a recruiter again, Korvia will be my only choice.

Olivia

Great recruiter

For some years I had been considering taking a break in my studies to teach abroad. I finally took the leap this year, all via Korvia Consulting. People often ask me, "Why Korea?" and the truth is because Korvia was recommended to me and when I looked on the website the application process was so easy!

I really liked that I could put in my preferences for age of students, cities/rural places and the like. Thanks to Korvia I got a job close to a rural area and just down the road from a nature reserve. Even better is that I am not in fact teaching English, but rather subjects related to my field of study.

Korvia guides you through the whole process and makes sure you don't arrive stranded at the airport. They even even send you a helpful arrival pdf (covering things from work hierarchy to how to work your underfloor heating!) and links on how to get a cellphone plan.

The only thing I slightly disliked was that I couldn't compare jobs. I could only accept a job, or decline and move on. However, seeing as I struggle to decide between options, maybe this was a good thing!

I would recommend Korvia Consulting to others and would use them again if I wanted to change schools.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Acorn jelly! (Dotorimuk) Also fresh seaweed. Kelp, to be exact. And fermented soya bean paste (doenjang). There are so many unfamiliar foods in the shops. I still haven't tried out most of them!
Amani

You won't need any recruiter other than Korvia

This was my first time trying to teach overseas. After attempting on my own I tried Korvia and it was the best decision. First, a big thank you to Thelma for being the most patient and amazing recruiter ever. All of my preferences were tended to, my personality was taken into account, I was provided clear and thorough information in a timely manner for the entire process, and even taken care of after 3 airline cancellations. It really helped that Thelma always checked on me and was available no matter the question. I could not imagine any recruiter providing so much to not only get you a good teaching position, but being sure that everything else is taken care of after arrival. Just give Korvia a try, and see if you are luck enough to get Thelma as your helping hand.

Nothing needs improvement. Everything about this exceeded my expectations.
Angelique

Korvia

Korvia is by far the best recruiting company focused on Korean placements that I have used (and I’ve used a few).
They were always ready to listen to my questions and concerns and they always kept my preferences at the forefront. Though it took awhile to find a placement, it was the perfect placement. They really care that you’ll be happy in your new position.
I even had a change of recruiter and the person who took me under them really went beyond my expectations to help me.
They respond quickly to emails and are very professional, but also very kind. I’m glad I found Korvia (through a friend) because I don’t think I would have found such a great school and team.
Thanks Korvia!

Trust in the well trained recruiters. They have your best interests at heart.
And if you’re ever scared about making such a big change: be scared, and do it anyway.
Robert

Korvia & EPIK

When researching into teaching English in Korea, I came across many recommendations for Korvia Consulting. As a result, I visited Korvias website and I'm so glad I did. Ever since my first email communication with the team at Korvia, till now (moved into my new place in Gangnam and ready to start school!) they have been incredibly friendly and helpful.
Any questions I had, and am still having, Korvia were able to answer quickly and comprehensively.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone seriously considering applying to EPIK and wanting to teach in Korea.

Come with an open mind, apply early and enjoy the experience. EPIK is an open playing field and don't be disappointed if you don't get the location you're initially after. You will meet so many great people at the orientation and meet people that will be placed all around Korea, so you'll have no troubles exploring the country and having places to stay when you wish to do so.
Quinton

Korvia Consulting: Tier 1 Korea Teacher Recruiter

Korvia Consulting is the pinnacle of recruiters for teaching in South Korea. Their recruiting teams are very knowledgable about the process of getting you to Korea and they work with the best Hagwons and school programs. Throughout the entire process, every member I came into contact with had a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude! I personally worked with Thelma and Jessie, who were both essential in finding me the perfect fit as a teacher. I would wake up everyday with 2-3 schools to review and I was contacted by both before each interview. Their response email to each of my questions was fast and always answered the questions and ancillary questions I was going to follow up with. I cannot recommend Korvia enough and if you work with Jessie or Thelma, you are in great hands! 10/10 experience throughout the entire process. I am enterally grateful for the help Korvia consulting gave to me and their relentless effort to help me reach my goals!

Jessica

Seamless experience

I highly recommend Korvia. I was assigned to Niki and she has been amazing throughout the whole process. I was originally very rushed to find a job due to my graduation and Niki helped to move the process along as fast as possible. I can't thank Korvia enough. The school they linked me to is also incredible, and I'm glad that I went through a recruiter to ensure I was arriving at a real place! I'm also impressed with all of the support you receive once you receive your job offer; Korvia will ensure your safe arrival in Korea and give you any information you need regarding bank accounts, phone numbers, ARC's etc. Also, they send you information packs to help you know what to pack and where to buy things you may need, which was a huge help for me.

Get your paperwork as soon as possible!! I'm not kidding get your criminal record check as soon as you're accepted with Korvia