Korvia Consulting - Teach English in Korea

Dedicated Support: With You from the Beginning Till End.

Our #1 priority is you. We believe that by hiring qualified and dedicated teachers we can improve the overall quality of the Korean education as a whole. We are with you through the application process, at the airport when you arrive, and the last phone call you’ll receive if you decide to go back to your home country. We’ll be with you until the end!

Korvia Consulting is one of the largest and most trusted public school teacher placement agencies in South Korea. Since 2006, Korvia has offered teachers continual support from initial application, to their first day of school, to their final day in South Korea. Korvia is also one of the few agencies to be located in the nation's capital of Seoul allowing us uninterrupted communication as well as access to some of the best positions available.

Korvia works directly with the Korean government as well as education offices around the country and are an OFFICIAL PARTNER of the EPIK, GEPIK, and GOE programs.

I was not married when I came to Korea, just engaged. That meant or situation was a bit more difficult because no one can guarantee that a couple that isn’t married will be placed together. Married couples are always brought to the same city and given one apartment together. People who are dating aren’t guaranteed that. With that said, Ann at Korvia really helped my fiancé and I. I told her my...
"A TEFL course of 100-hours or more is required to teach at a public school, with some programs such as GOE and Busan EPIK requiring a TEFL certification with an in-class component as well. Private Institutes and Hagwons do currently not require a TEFL certificate." You can find more information on requirements on their website https://www.korvia.com/korvia-faq/.
I can’t speak to whether Korvia helps with University positions as I didn’t have a position at a University. They may. But it is my understanding that positions at Universities are harder to come by. I have heard of people coming to Korea and teaching in middle schools and getting university positions once there. I don’t know anyone who came to Korea and taught at a university though. That’s...

• Benefits 9.5
  • Facilities 9.5
  • Instruction 9
  • Difficulty 9
  • Job Assistance 9
Emily

First time abroad

When I decided to move abroad to teach I didn’t know what recruitment programs were out there. I stumbled upon Korvia in a google search and was drawn to the thoroughness of their website and the fact that they worked directly with the Gyeongsangnamdo province in South Korea. I had already decided that I did not want to be in Seoul, and to know from the start that I could choose to be closer to Busan was an immediate win for me.

I was able to complete most of the initial process with just the information available on their website. You can find almost everything there. My recruiter was Brian Yun and he was always willing to help and answer questions. I was never left guessing about anything. Even after arriving in Korea, I received messages checking on me and seeing if I needed help with anything. I also received a lot of help from Daisy and other members of the team. They support you start to finish!

I couldn’t have really asked for anything better than what Korvia provided for me. Moving over seas can be extremely expensive and intimidating, so having a team like Korvia to help is highly recommended!
Avril

Korvia

The interview process was very thorough and the korvia team helped me to make choices with age ranges and cities.
Korvia offered me loads of great positions, they were ever so helpful throughout this process.
While in korea they make check ups visa email. The position given to me was brilliant I didn't need much more guidance.
I would highly recommend Korvia and choose them again in the future.

Kelly

KORVIA! The Second Time Around!

When I first moved to Korea 5 years ago I used Korvia. The process was daunting but Korvia stuck with me and supported me the entire way. Things got complicated and at one point I even lost a position due to some unforeseen occurrences, but my recruiter did not give up. I was placed at an amazing school and I stayed there for four years. Fast forward two years later, my second time in Korea and with a new school.

Ann Park helped me maneuver through some tricky paperwork and a sticky move. She was professional and attentive to my needs and concerns. This is what you want--an agency that really takes their time to get it right and help you every step of the way, even if you´re a vet like me. Living in a country where you can´t speak the language you will always need support.

Imagine how shocked I was to see all of my papers filled out and only needing my signature. My immigration appointment booked for me, and the moving van at my previous apartment waiting to take me to my new home.

Thanks again Korvia and thank you Ann! You really lifted a lot of stress off of my shoulders. Thanks again!

Best,
Kelly

Celeste

Highly Recommend Korvia

I travelled to South Korea this year (2018) with the help of Korvia Consulting. I was only with Korvia for two weeks and they found me a placement and a contract I was happy with. My recruiter was Jina Rhee and she was amazing, as was the whole team. Really professional and friendly. They were very organised and punctual and answered all my questions. They helped me get my documents processed very quickly and made sure I understood every step of the process. They made sure I had everything I needed and followed up with phone calls and e-mails once I arrived to make sure I was settling in okay, plus sent a gift to my work! I think they are a wonderful company full of very kind-hearted and professional people and would recommend them to anyone wanting to travel to Korea.

Honestly, I don't think there is anything I would change. I was very happy with Korvia and would use them again in a heartbeat.
Sun

Second time

This was my second time looking for a job in Korea, and I used Korvia's services for both.

The job hunt was quick, and all the information I needed was provided when I needed it. The recruiters are pretty awesome and very professional.

Also, your relationship with Korvia does not end after you get a job. They are always there to support you, and it's good to know.

I don't know if Korvia is the best recruiter or not, since I have never gone through any other companies. I will say, the services provided to me were quite exceptional, and there isn't much left out, that I can think of, from them being at the top.

Thanks for the top notch work!

Angela

Thanks to Korvia I was able to get the support I needed to successfully hand in all required documents to the EPIK program on time. They walked me through the process efficiently and in a timely manner. I was able to feel at ease because I knew a second pair of eyes had looked at all my documents in my application package and that they would be sent in on time. Thanks again Korvia for all of your help during the process!

Kimberly

Professional and Reputable

Korvia is a professional consulting agency that has helped me reach my dream of becoming a Native English Teach in South Korea.

The agency has guided me every step of the way, from submitting the proper documentations for my application to receiving a bank account and pre-paid phone plan upon arrival in Korea. I am grateful Korvia’s guidance and patience and have already recommended the agency to many friends. Shout out to Brian for being a great recruiter!

Melika

Help all the way

I'm a recent EPIK teacher from the Spring 2018 group. My recruiter Brian Yun, has helped me tremendously with my process. I was living in Brazil when I applied, and I was offered support and was kept well informed of my status while there. It was an interesting transition, but the dedication of this team has proven time and time again how much they care the people who wish to go to EPIK through Korvia.

Thanks for everything!

Morenikeji

Guardian Angel

I cannot thank Korvia enough for all their help with my application. Applying for EPIK can be quite daunting but KORVIA was with me every step of the way. And if EPIj doesn't work out for you, they offer alternatives that are reliable and fulfilling. The support doesn't end when you get to Korea however, they also support you while you're there with things like getting a sim card and a bank account. If you are looking for a recruiter for Korea, look no further than Korvia.

Brenna

Great company

Korvia Consulting is fantastic recruitment agency. They are professional and help you through your entire process of applying to work in Korea. I'm so happy I decided to go through them when it came to applying for the EPIK program, because I don't think I would be in South Korea now if it hadn't been for my recruiter who helped me through some very stressful situations. I would most definitely recommend them if you are looking into teaching in South Korea.

Brittany

Great people with everything you need to know!

Brian was my recruiter and seriously helped me so much through the process. Like a lot of people, I ended up doing this process alone and without any former knowledge. Brian walked me through every step and was super patient when I was freaking out about the long wait times. EPIK even lost my application and Brian went out of his way to help make sure the issue was resolved. I would recommend Korvia to ANYONE thinking about coming to teach in Korea. They are the best!

Mimi

A Godsend For A Clueless Foreigner

Korvia helped me tremendously as I began to show interest in teaching in South Korea. They found me a school in Suseong, Daegu, South Korea and communicated on my behalf to make sure everything went smoothly. Next thing I knew, I was on a plane to Incheon and a bus to Daegu. When I arrived a welcome kit came for me with essentials and Korvia stayed in contact with me. They didn't abandon me once I got to my school and I am thankful for that. I love the school I am at and am thankful that I had someone to help me find a school to teach at.

I wish the recruiters would have a location closer to me. I live in Daegu and all of the events are located in Seoul which is quite a distance from me to visit.
Jake

Extremely helpful.

The prospect of moving across the world to live and teach in a new country seemed at first very daunting but it was all made a lot easier by Korvia. I had a number of difficult questions about the various documents to gather and the legalization procedures to undertake and they were all answered quickly by my recruiter (Niki). I would certainly recommend Korvia, they arrange everything up to the details of the transport from the airport to your new school location and the support still continues even after you have started teaching in Korea. I recently received a welcome pack with a number of helpful items and the team let you know that if you have any issues you can always contact them. Overall, very helpful organization that are involved every step of the way with you.

Demi

Great experience

Korvia is thorough and helpful through the whole recruitment process. They are willing to try and help you if something with your school isn't going right. It's difficult to pick up and move abroad but they try to make it as stress free as possible. Everyone I've worked with has been very kind. They even helped me to arrange a moving company when I moved to another school in Korea and was having trouble arranging anything.

Clare

So happy I chose Korvia!

Korvia simplified every part of the process of teaching in South Korea. I am so glad that I chose Korvia because they were able to accommodate my needs and desires for teaching abroad, like being in a central location and teaching at a school that resonates with my values. I am so thankful to Jessi for reaching out to me with a job offer; she hit the nail on the head with everything she communicated with me. I really felt like Korvia was trying to understand and meet my preferences. I even got shuttled from the airport, no extra cost to me, and I have recently received a welcome package from Korvia, a most welcome and pleasant surprise :) You just cannot go wrong with a recruiting agency like Korvia!

About Korvia Consulting

Korvia Consulting is an ESL recruiting agency based in Seoul, South Korea that works with the Korean government (GEPIK, EPIK, GOE,) and commercial franchises and programs in China to place English teachers into public and private schools across the...