Korvia Consulting - Teach English in Korea

Temple in Woods
Temple in Woods
In Korea
In Korea
Some homemade Korean food!

Korvia Consulting is one of the largest and most trusted public school teacher placement agencies in South Korea. Since 2006, Korvia has offered teachers continual support from initial application, to their first day of school, to their final day in South Korea. Korvia is also one of the few agencies to be located in the nation's capital of Seoul allowing us uninterrupted communication as well as access to some of the best positions available.

Korvia works directly with the Korean government as well as education offices around the country and are an OFFICIAL PARTNER of the EPIK, GEPIK, and GOE programs.

Dedicated Support: With You from the Beginning Till End.

Our #1 priority is you. We believe that by hiring qualified and dedicated teachers we can improve the overall quality of the Korean education as a whole. We are with you through the application process, at the airport when you arrive, and the last phone call you’ll receive if you decide to go back to your home country. We’ll be with you until the end!

I arrived in Korea (Seosan) last week, and Korvia helped me with my ARC card! I was picked up from school and taken to my medical exam, as well as to submit my ARC paperwork the next day (once we received my exam results). I just have to pick up the ARC card on my own when it is ready.
Hello Nicole, Thank you for your question. Generally, most schools have an academic curriculum and a textbook for ESL teachers. Here are some related articles you may be interested. 1) Tips for Teaching Young Learners in Korea: https://www.korvia.com/tips-teaching-young-learners-in-kore… 2) Korean Sample Lesson Plan Tips | Korvia Guide https://www.korvia.com/sample-lesson-plan-tips-korvia-guide/...

• Benefits 9.6
  • Facilities 9.5
  • Instruction 9
  • Academic Rigor 9
  • Job Assistance 9
Jessica

Seamless experience

I highly recommend Korvia. I was assigned to Niki and she has been amazing throughout the whole process. I was originally very rushed to find a job due to my graduation and Niki helped to move the process along as fast as possible. I can't thank Korvia enough. The school they linked me to is also incredible, and I'm glad that I went through a recruiter to ensure I was arriving at a real place! I'm also impressed with all of the support you receive once you receive your job offer; Korvia will ensure your safe arrival in Korea and give you any information you need regarding bank accounts, phone numbers, ARC's etc. Also, they send you information packs to help you know what to pack and where to buy things you may need, which was a huge help for me.

Get your paperwork as soon as possible!! I'm not kidding get your criminal record check as soon as you're accepted with Korvia
Marcedes

Korvia is fantastic!

Korvia is actually the first recruiting company to accept me! I had tried through a different one first and had been rejected. I was a little distraught and unsure if I could reach my goal of teaching abroad. I thought, “Try one more time with someone else!” and Korvia welcomed me with open arms.
My recruiter, Niki, was very kind and professional! Our interview was very informative and she was so patient even with my internet connection issues! I received a very fast response that Korvia would love to help me find a place teaching in Korea.
The process was a long one but Niki helped me every step of the way! She never rushed me and always made sure I understood what was happening.
Even after I’ve arrived she still answers my questions!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment was honestly just seeing my family cry at the airport when I left. “Oh man, this is really happening! I’m leaving everything I’ve ever known for at least a year!”
Brendan

Korvia puts their passion for people front and center

Korvia stood head and shoulders above their competition when I looked at moving to South Korea to teach English.

Because of all the good reviews and positive feedback on their social media, I decided to take the leap of faith and jump into the abyss that is the red tape and organization needed to move to a different country. Korvia has been there every step of the way, constantly staying in contact. They kept presenting job opportunities to me until I had made a decision on which one suited my needs best.

Once I had decided, they set up the job interview for me, and shortly thereafter contacted me to tell me that I had been hired. They could have just left it at that, they had set me up with a Hagwon which is exactly what they set out to do, instead, they stayed by my side and continued to provide the support that I needed, even organizing assistance at Incheon International Airport when I arrived.

To Ann and her team, thank you, you have made the move a smooth and enjoyable transition, which is more than I ever could have hoped for.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Arriving at an Internation Airport where virtually no staff spoke English. Slowly but surely made my way through the airport and various points, until I met up with my Korvia contact who made it much easier from that point on.
Nneka

I'm so thankful!

Korvia is everything I could ever have wished for in a recruiting agency. I tried another agency and after 6 months and no job opportunities they just stopped contacting me. Discouraged, but not quite ready to give up, I decided to apply to EPIK through Korvia. Korvia was extremely upfront about all the steps ahead of me and everything I would be required to do throughout the process. There was never a moment where I felt lost or abandoned in the process because they are amazing with communication. My own situation was unique because due to a delay in my documents I did not get in to the semester that I applied for. Even so, Korvia stuck with me and let me know what all of my options were and the next semester I was on a plane to Korea. I did the pre-orientation that they set up, met a lot of English teachers like myself and took advantage of the wonderful resources Korvia provided for us. I've been in Korea for a little over a month, I'm enjoying my time teaching English and can hands down say this was all possible thanks to Korvia. I would 100% recommend them!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would prepare all my documents in a timely manner!!
Rachel

Korvia Korvia Korvia!

Absolutely LOVED Korvia as a service, and so glad I ended up with them at my side. They have been more than helpful throughout this entire process, and I am currently t-minus one week in Korea so far and love my school, the assistance I've received, my apartment, all of it. Forever grateful for Korvia.

I was assisted in obtaining my medical exam, as well as applying for my ARC card (possibly because my city is on the smaller side) which was extremely helpful. I can't imagine getting it done without Korvia's help. I, at first, entertained the idea of "going it alone" and taking on the entire process myself, but one day I came across Korvia as a service and, to be honest, just had a good feeling about them so I reached out and I honestly am so glad that I did. Doing all of this alone would have been too daunting, and I can genuinely reassure you all who are considering taking this leap of faith that Korvia will truly care about you. You won't just be another number. They actually care and are there for you.

What was your funniest moment?
Funny and not funny. I got locked out of my apartment (to only the fault of my own). Korvia was there for me though, luckily! Even as late at night as it was!
Joshua

Amazing support

I absolutely enjoyed my time with Korvia and still am enjoying it. They keep in touch even after arriving. They were always quick to answer any questions and really do care for us. I had the awesome opportunity to have Grace as my recruiter and absolutely loved it. Her other recruits said the same thing. Grace would respond to emails in a very timely manner. She recognized all her recruits when we met during the Korvia pre-orientation. Korvia made the process of adjusting to Korea so much easier. It’s no surprise that they are the biggest recruiter in Korea. Their work is absolutely unmatched. I am very proud to call myself a Korvia recruit. All of Korvia was so helpful. Further, Jinny was a great help and is very active in group chats. I cannot recommend Korvia enough. Thank you for all the support and I look forward to more opportunities to meet up with the Korvia staff.

Can’t think of anything right now. My time with them has been absolutely amazing. I’m very grateful to Korvia.
Krista

Extremely Helpful

My experience with Korvia has be wonderful from day one. They help with everything, they set up your interviews and help with all the paperwork required. They listen to what you are looking for in a school and location and try to help place you where you want to be. Always responded in a timely manner. They always answered any questions I had, and trust me I had a lot. Friendly and professional staff. They helped place me in a great school. It was a great experience. I'm glad I went with Korvia! I would definitely recommend them to people who want to teach in South Korea.

Belinda

Korvia will help you through it all

Korvia is the BEST recruiting company out there. Not only is it free, but they help you throughout the whole process and even after your placement. They’ll help you set up your bank account and sim card and they’re always willing to help with bumps in the road! The Korvia staff is so informative and always keep you up to date on everything they can. They’ll calm your nerves through a very long process. If you’re looking for reliable, safe support, Korvia is the way to go!

Rachel

Korvia is Stellar

Korvia Consulting is the best recruiting agency to help you find a fantastic ESL job in both South Korea and China. Korvia helped to make my application and transition process for South Korea much more straightforward and stress-free. I highly recommend using Korvia as your recruiting agency; they will provide you with services that you won't find with any other recruiter. Because of their services, I have transitioned to life in Korea much faster than I had anticipated.

Become a worldwide company, because this company is fantastic!
Amy

Excellent Recruiting Service

This is my second year teaching English in South Korea and honestly Korvia is the best recruiter out of all the other recruiters I've used. Korvia went above and beyond my expectations.

My first year working in South Korea wasn't the best experience. When I applied to my first recruiter, they wanted to interview me right away and I also got the job right away. However after getting all my paperwork done, they basically ghosted me. After arriving in South Korea, I was expected to find my way to a hotel in Gangnam from Incheon Airport and all they wrote in the email was to find a black taxi to take me there. This was my first time in South Korea and I had no idea what to do or where to go! After ending my first year, I emailed the recruiter TWICE (one in Jan 2017 and another in June 2017) and asked for another position but they never responded to me both times.

But luckily I did NOT have this problem with Korvia. They were very professional throughout the entire recruiting process. They emailed me possible schools that fit my preferences and always emailed me back if an interview was successful or unsuccessful and why it was so. When I arrived back in Korea for my second year (I went back home for a year), Korvia very kindly arranged an airport pickup service despite my flight landing at 3am KST. It was definitely very helpful to have someone pick me up instead of lugging two big suitcases around looking for a way to get to my hotel.

Overall, I definitely recommend Korvia. I've had another recruiter put in their profile that I'm Korean-American even though I specifically stated that I am Vietnamese-American and had a directly rudely ask me in an interview why my parents never taught me Korean. Trust me. Korvia is doing something right and I would definitely use them again should I decide to stay another year in South Korea.

Emily

First time abroad

When I decided to move abroad to teach I didn’t know what recruitment programs were out there. I stumbled upon Korvia in a google search and was drawn to the thoroughness of their website and the fact that they worked directly with the Gyeongsangnamdo province in South Korea. I had already decided that I did not want to be in Seoul, and to know from the start that I could choose to be closer to Busan was an immediate win for me.

I was able to complete most of the initial process with just the information available on their website. You can find almost everything there. My recruiter was Brian Yun and he was always willing to help and answer questions. I was never left guessing about anything. Even after arriving in Korea, I received messages checking on me and seeing if I needed help with anything. I also received a lot of help from Daisy and other members of the team. They support you start to finish!

I couldn’t have really asked for anything better than what Korvia provided for me. Moving over seas can be extremely expensive and intimidating, so having a team like Korvia to help is highly recommended!
Avril

Korvia

The interview process was very thorough and the korvia team helped me to make choices with age ranges and cities.
Korvia offered me loads of great positions, they were ever so helpful throughout this process.
While in korea they make check ups visa email. The position given to me was brilliant I didn't need much more guidance.
I would highly recommend Korvia and choose them again in the future.

Kelly

KORVIA! The Second Time Around!

When I first moved to Korea 5 years ago I used Korvia. The process was daunting but Korvia stuck with me and supported me the entire way. Things got complicated and at one point I even lost a position due to some unforeseen occurrences, but my recruiter did not give up. I was placed at an amazing school and I stayed there for four years. Fast forward two years later, my second time in Korea and with a new school.

Ann Park helped me maneuver through some tricky paperwork and a sticky move. She was professional and attentive to my needs and concerns. This is what you want--an agency that really takes their time to get it right and help you every step of the way, even if you´re a vet like me. Living in a country where you can´t speak the language you will always need support.

Imagine how shocked I was to see all of my papers filled out and only needing my signature. My immigration appointment booked for me, and the moving van at my previous apartment waiting to take me to my new home.

Thanks again Korvia and thank you Ann! You really lifted a lot of stress off of my shoulders. Thanks again!

Best,
Kelly

Celeste

Highly Recommend Korvia

I travelled to South Korea this year (2018) with the help of Korvia Consulting. I was only with Korvia for two weeks and they found me a placement and a contract I was happy with. My recruiter was Jina Rhee and she was amazing, as was the whole team. Really professional and friendly. They were very organised and punctual and answered all my questions. They helped me get my documents processed very quickly and made sure I understood every step of the process. They made sure I had everything I needed and followed up with phone calls and e-mails once I arrived to make sure I was settling in okay, plus sent a gift to my work! I think they are a wonderful company full of very kind-hearted and professional people and would recommend them to anyone wanting to travel to Korea.

Honestly, I don't think there is anything I would change. I was very happy with Korvia and would use them again in a heartbeat.
Sun

Second time

This was my second time looking for a job in Korea, and I used Korvia's services for both.

The job hunt was quick, and all the information I needed was provided when I needed it. The recruiters are pretty awesome and very professional.

Also, your relationship with Korvia does not end after you get a job. They are always there to support you, and it's good to know.

I don't know if Korvia is the best recruiter or not, since I have never gone through any other companies. I will say, the services provided to me were quite exceptional, and there isn't much left out, that I can think of, from them being at the top.

Thanks for the top notch work!

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Korvia Consulting

Korvia Consulting is an ESL recruiting agency based in Seoul, South Korea that works with the Korean government (GEPIK, EPIK, GOE,) and commercial franchises and programs in China to place English teachers into public and private schools across the...