Teach Away - English Teaching Jobs in South Korea

Teach Away - English Teaching Jobs in South Korea

With generous salaries, free accommodation, airfare, health insurance and visa sponsorship, South Korea offers some of the best ESL teaching positions in Asia. Whether you're looking to take a gap year, gain teaching experience, travel the world, save money to pay off student debt or all of the above, teaching in Korea is a great way to do so.

Teach Away recruits for both private and public schools in various locations across South Korea. Elementary, middle school, and secondary placements are available for native English speakers with a Bachelor's degree.

A TEFL certificate is required for most ESL teaching jobs in South Korea. Earn your TEFL certification online, from the world-renowned University of Toronto.

Asia » South Korea » Seoul
Asia » South Korea
1 Year+
Salary / Benefits
Salary - 2.1 - 2.4 million Korean Won/month ($1750 - $2000 USD)
Accommodation - Furnished, studio apartment provided

Lindsey
Toronto, Ontario
Lakehead University

ESL Teacher

My experience in South Korea was amazing. I felt very supported by my recruiting agency, Teach Away. From the initial contact through the application process to my over the phone interview, reviewing and signing the contract as well as physically traveling to join us in orientation in South Korea - Teach Away was there for me every step of the way!

I loved my teaching experience in Korea. I was able to make life long international friends. Working in the public schools allowed me a unique experience to get to know the local people and culture (I was the only foreign teacher in my school - probably my favorite thing about the program). I found the school very supportive and attentive to my needs. They were very welcoming and wanted to make sure that I felt comfortable and safe in my living accommodations. They went above and beyond to teach me about their culture and language and in return, I helped them learn conversational English. It was a great exchange! I was also able to travel extensively while I was there as well, an opportunity I do not think I would have been granted otherwise. Overall, the best experience of my life!

I was very impressed with the program overall. I experienced this as a new graduate, and that's whom I'd recommend the experience too - someone who is looking to develop their skills as a teacher, travel and experience something new!

Jordan
Seoul, South Korea
Boston University

Great program and agency

The program in South Korea offers me everything I need to have the experience of a lifetime and Teach Away was a huge help getting me here. They were always reachable to answer my questions and help with my visa documents. I can't thank them enough for helping me find this amazing opportunity!

Japanist45
Haramachi Japan
New York University

Korea Rocks!

My co-teacher recommended I share my experiences in Korea with others, so I figure here's a good place to start.

I came to Korea a couple of years ago through Teach Away. They helped me through the entire process and gave me a LOT of useful info. After I got off the plane, I was quickly greeted by EPIK and Teach Away reps. So, even though I didn't speak any of the language, I felt I was being taken care of right from the start.

This really is a good program - teaching English in public schools here. If you look at it just like a job, you likely won't enjoy it. You have to look at it as a job and a learning experience. There's so much to take in here, from the food to the culture, everything here a twist to what you may expect in the US, but in a good way.

Overall, if you don't do this, you're missing out. Try a year here, and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers!

Language barrier! Okay, I know I had some support from the start, but it will be up to you to try to communicate with locals. So, maybe a bit more resources to learn Korean would help future teachers.

Teach Away offers a wide variety of international teaching jobs with English-speaking education organizations, public, and private schools. Established in 2003, Teach Away has become a leader in international teacher recruitment through a commitment to placing the world’s best educators in leading educational institutions around