Teach Away - Teaching Jobs in Kuwait

This a boulevard that runs along my "block" which is a large residential area I live in. I love the trees!
This is a view down my street as I am walking home from school. It has been about 118 degrees fahrenheit. but the humidity is very low, so I don't mind it. It is important to drink a lot of water all the time so as not to get dehydrated.
This is my apartment building in Salwa, Kuwait, It is a 10 minute walk to my school. I could catch school transport to school but I choose to walk.
Kuwait
Kuwait

A job in Kuwait offers teachers the chance to work in a small Middle Eastern country with big incentives. Teachers can experience life in this picturesque shore of the Arabian Gulf. Kuwait is a city surrounded by archaeological sites and vast stretches of desert. Teachers interested in jobs in Kuwait should be flexible, open-minded, and have a good understanding of Arabic culture and customs.

Elementary, middle, and secondary school job opportunities in Kuwait are open to licensed teachers with at least 1-2 years of experience at the appropriate level. Teachers with experience as a faculty head or department head may be considered for leadership roles.

A TEFL certificate will get you noticed by hiring schools in Saudi Arabia. Earn your TEFL certification online, from the world-renowned University of Toronto.

Hi Angela! The current vacancies with Teachaway in Kuwait begin in August 2019 but there are a few opportunities for online teaching positions can be done remotely.

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 7
Susan

Authentic cultural experience with great support

I am very happy with my placement here with EPG schools in Kuwait. The partnership of EPG with TeachAway has provided me the opportunity of a lifetime to explore a new culture in a multi-cultural school setting. I have had amazing support from my employer. The organization is a first-class professional business group that has the right people in place to provide an outstanding education for its children. I feel that this position is the best fit for me so far in my career and I hope to spend several years here.

I would recommend some well-organized information that better explains the visa steps and costs that will be incurred by the candidate. It would have enable me to better plan financially for my move if I had been aware of the steps well in advance. I would also recommend, if possible, applying for candidate visas a few weeks earlier. Or, if that is not possible, sharing the list of documents that the candidate can be gathering. This could possibly shave a couple of weeks off the processing time.

I would also recommend that Teach Away organizes some specific information about teaching in Kuwait, how to prepare, what to pack, what to expect. The information about the ADEC experience is very detailed and helpful for getting ready. Some of it helped me to get ready for Kuwait. I would be willing to help put some of this together and find some teachers for a Google or Facebook group.

All in all, a great experience and I am learning so much!
Read my full story

Alumni Interviews

About Teach Away

Teach Away offers a wide variety of international teaching jobs with English-speaking education organizations, public, and private schools. Established in 2003, Teach Away has become a leader in international teacher recruitment through a commitment...