World recognized CELTA (TEFL/TESOL) Course in Barcelona

The Cambridge CELTA is a qualification recognized by schools worldwide. We offer a 4-week, 134-hour, intensive CELTA course which is fully accredited by Cambridge English Language Assessment.

These 4-week intensive TEFL (TESOL) courses run throughout the year in our school in the center of the city. A Cambridge CELTA Certificate is recognized internationally and throughout the profession so you can be sure that wherever you go in the world, this certificate will enable you to find teaching work.

Our course includes a minimum of 6 hours observed teaching practice with real students and provides you with an exciting career as an English Language Teacher or a way to fund your travels. Our tutors understand your needs and provide support, as well as expertise, in helping you to become an effective TEFL teacher.

• Comprehensive visa service
  • Lifelong careers service
  • Accommodation service
  • 20 years of teacher training
  • World recognized TEFL qualification (Accredited by Trinity)

• Benefits 9
  • Facilities 9.5
  • Instruction 10
  • Difficulty 8.3
  • Job Assistance 9.3
Alex

Excellent introduction to teaching English!

The course from Oxford TEFL Barcelona was very rewarding - it helped me as a new teacher develop the skills you need to give a good lesson as you get lots of teaching practice time and the feedback you receive from experienced teachers is incredibly useful. This is an intensive course so there is a lot of work to do in the four weeks but if you plan it well you can still enjoy the city of Barcelona as you do the course - or stay here after to work as a teacher, as many do! The careers service from the school is lifelong so there is always help available when looking for positions in the city and overseas, which is another reason to use Oxford TEFL for teacher training because the value for money here is great. My time on the course was really enjoyable and the support available from the tutors was above and beyond what I was expecting, they're really helpful and deliver interesting and useful input sessions too.

Nadim

Edifying experience!

My experience with the TEFL Course at Oxford House Barcelona has been one filled with various feelings, mostly positive if not at certain times stressful. The course is challenging and demanding. Overall i was positively shocked with the amount of information and training one gets during the relatively short period of the course. The training practice were eye opening and of course the feedback was the cherry on top. Not to mention the input sessions, these are well designed lessons about various essential topics in addition to several projects that tend to involve you more in the learning process, learning to teach that is!

Ben

Great introduction to teaching

Really enjoyed the course and felt like I got a lot out of it.

Lots of teaching practice, variety and different assignments to show you how to be a teacher. We even did some lessons Romanian in the first week to see how to effectively teach a language from the beginning - as well as having a lot of fun!

It was a very intense month, especially when teaching real students on the the third day of the course but this proved to be the best way to learn - by doing!

Would recommend doing the course to anyone interested in teaching.

Anna

Highly recommended

I had an incredibly enjoyable and invaluable experience doing my Trinity endorsed TESOL course at Oxford House in Barcelona. The course subjects, the facilities and the materials we were provided was of an outstanding level on all fronts. More so, the staff were incredibly experienced, passionate and helpful and they were always available to assist or support in anyway needed, whether it be during the allocated lesson planning & feedback sessions themselves, or whenever else you needed their assistance after hours. It was a challenging month and the work load is not to be disregarded, but it was incredibly rewarding and although I only finished the course less than a week ago, I do truly believe that it will put me in good stead for finding a job in the near future with the support of their exceptional career services and ongoing networking opportunities. I would highly recommend attending this school for anyone looking to do their TESOL course in the exquisite city of Barcelona.

Alice Brannen
Alice

My time at Oxford House

My time at Oxford house was very enjoyable. Not only was I getting a certified qualification I was getting the practice experience I needed to teach in the job market. The teachers were friendly and helpful, and I made some really good friends. The structure threw you in the deep teaching on the first day, but kept everything stress free. I recommend this course to anyone looking for a qualification.

I think if this program could be improved in any way it could be not having a graded mid course appraisal. I think it was bad timing having all the hand ins in the last week, and the exam on the same day as the tp log.
Siobhan

My Oxford tefl experience- Barcelona.

Over the past month I have been overwhelmed with the about of information I have received. Reflecting on it now, it has honestly been one of the best experiences and I am truly grateful to all the tutors for their guidance and support.
When starting the course you feel like you have been "thrown in the deep end" but reflecting on it now, I wouldnt have had it any other way. Within the first week you teach a 45 minute lesson, yes it nerve wrecking but its the best experience one can get.
When preparing for each lesson all the tutors will give you guidance and support. Also there is various course books that you can take materials from.
Overall it is a brilliant facility to work in and everyone is very approachable and friendly. Would highly recommend this course to anyone.

The pre-course task counts as a continuous assessment mark and you get feedback on it.

About Oxford TEFL

Oxford TEFL is among the most highly-regarded teacher training institutions in Europe. Thousands of teachers have earned their Cambridge CELTA & Cert TESOL certificates in our centers in Barcelona, Prague, Cadiz, Malaga, London and Kerala (India).

W...