Multiple Locations +7

Certifications
TEFL
Weekly Classroom Hours

Pricing

The prices differ depending on what country you are doing your TEFL course in, so please check on the website for accurate information depending on your location.
What's Not Included
Some Accommodation Activities Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Meals Some Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa Wifi
Feb 23, 2021
Aug 11, 2022
6 travelers are looking at this program

At the TEFL Academy we only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by 2 government bodies!

The beauty of this course is that you will gain a real understand of your potential employers needs. In the TEFL world certain employers favor classroom study to purely online. With our course you get the best of both worlds - 10 hours in the classroom + 148 hours online. Facr-to-face tuition will give you additional confidence and allow you to have a competitive edge in the marketplace for jobs.

The 10-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 10 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

Program Highlights

• Academic Rigor 4.65
  • Job Assistance 4.65
Kemoikantse

Kemoikantse’s review

My experience was unique because I had help for the most part and enjoyed my time during training the support I got made the course very fun and exciting, being able to do my work at my own flexible time allowed me to focus more and set my goals in order. Being able to focus on specific things and different times made me feel comfortable and relaxed within the training, so much so that I excelled in my training and did very well in all my assignments the slides and materials given to me weee more than helpful

Pros
  • There’s so much to learn and you enjoy the work that is given
  • Support from tutors
  • Good course material
Cons
  • Work load is a bit much
  • The pass mark for test is a little high
  • Too much information to take in per unit
Lereko

TEFL Academy level 5 course review

The TEFL Academy is a great institution for acquiring a TEFL certificate to teach English online and even abroad. The institution is widely known and accredited. It offers great support and its content is informative. I would recommend the TEFL Academy to complete the level 5 TEFL course because the academy offers great feedback and guidance throughout the journey even after you have completed the course. The admin and technical staff are really patient when it comes to the learners and they are really helpful until you get your needs met, which is a great characteristic especially in this industry.

Pros
  • Great support
  • Excellent content
  • Brilliant website and feed
Cons
  • Too much information (which is good!)
Susan

Challenging but well worth it

The course materials were detailed and easy to follow. Multiple checks were made as you progressed through to ensure that you understood what you were doing. The assignments were multi-faceted but the instructions and expectations were clear.
I used more than one extension to complete due to unforeseen reasons but the Academy was very helpful and made it easy to apply for extra time. Support was available for the assignments or anything else if needed. A great course, lots of work but very worthwhile. Thanks!

Pros
  • Easy-to-follow materials and progressive in nature.
  • Very thorough coverage of language teaching
  • Challenging - things that require effort are more satisfying
Cons
  • Need good access to internet
  • Assignments were very detailed and time-consuming (but taught me a lot).
  • I would have liked some more live classroom experience
Shahnaaz

Level 5 TEFL course

When I decided to do a EFL course, I did a lot of research and found that there were many institutes offering similar EFL courses. I live in South Africa so it was important for me to find a course that is accredited. I eventually stumbled on the TheTEFLAcademy website and was pleased to find that they were internationally recognised and that they offered a huge discount.
The content in this course is really interesting and easy to understand and there were lots of activities and unit testing that assesses what you have learnt. 6 months is more than enough time to get through the course.
I thoroughly enjoyed this course and I'm looking forward to beginning a new career in EFL.

Pros
  • Easy to understand
  • Study at your own pace
  • Academic support
Cons
  • you lose access to site after 6 months
Jaap

Excellent Online TEFL Course

The course was easy to follow, kept me motivated and proved good feedback on my assignments. Marking was done quickly and allowed me to progress swifty.
The course was also well built, starting with the basics of reading, writing and grammar and ending with the different types of classes and classroom styles.
I appreciated all the extra resources and links to external websites. These are really handy and will serve me well while teaching.
I'm now ready to teach abroad with my TEFL Level 5 in the pocket!

Gladys

TEFL Academy experience

Even as an experienced teacher I found thr TEFL Academy course as an useful tool to update and expand my knowledge in teaching.
The course is updated, as it also cover online tools and online teaching. Something that I really appreciate is that the activities and assignments are always thought provoking.

Guidance and a fast answer from the tutors was fundamental for me as I also work. Throughout the course you feel accompanied as tutors respond fasta which is very important when teaching online.

I recommend it to anyone who wants to take his career to the next level. An international certificación is a must nowadays.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have enrolled faster.
As I was a bit skeptical about online certificacions, I spent months doing my research before I finally decided to take the plunge and enroll. Luckily, once I started the TEFL Academy course I realized it run smoothly and made regret having waiting that long to enroll.
Leah

Great course!

It was a good amount of time given to complete the course, with fun and engaging activites. I learnt a lot about teaching English and now feel ready to go out into the world to teach. I learnt a lot about myself and how I study and also about my own language. There was a lot that I wasn't aware of as a native English speaker.
It was challenging enough, with good assignments which pushed me to think about how I would personally create a lesson when teaching students in English.
Overall a great course

Don't limit yourself by your fears! You can achieve anything
Sana

Worth the investment!

Me and my husband both joined it together when there was an offer. We loved studying for it and attending the online webinar together. The course required commitment, rigour and hard work in order to pass the assignments. Being a teacher by profession, I still found the TEFL assignment challenging and practical. I learnt so much about teaching English as I had forgotten a lot of the essential terms since school. The course is designed to refresh your content knowledge. The feedback on the assignment was quick and very detailed too. Very well designed course. A*

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Doing the assignments pretty late. It can get very stressful! I took a pause, made a rough draft, then talked my husband through what I had written. He gave me some feedback and I then edited my activities to make them more user friendly.