Combined Level 5 TEFL Course in Europe

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, The TEFL Academy has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

TEFL Graduate Teaching Outdoors
TEFL Graduate Teaching Outdoors
Graduates in Berlin
Graduates in Berlin
A Class of Happy TEFL Academy Graduates
A Class of Happy TEFL Academy Graduates
Proud TEFL Graduate with Students

At the TEFL Academy we only offer one course because we want all our students to have the best access to global TEFL opportunities. Our course leads to a Level 5 TEFL Certificate (168 hours), regulated by Ofqual (UK) and the DEAC (US) so it’s certified by 2 government bodies!

The beauty of this course is that you will gain a real understand of your potential employers needs. In the TEFL world certain employers favor classroom study to purely online. With our course you get the best of both worlds - 20 hours in the classroom + 148 hours online. Facr-to-face tuition will give you additional confidence and allow you to have a competitive edge in the marketplace for jobs.

The 20-hour weekend classroom course is designed to breakdown the fundamentals of TEFL. Within those 20 hours you will have teaching opportunities and gain knowledge from other students in the classroom.

• Level 5 qualification
  • Internationally recognised
  • Qualifies you to apply for paid & volunteer internships
  • 6-months access to online campus
  • Tutor support from EFL professionals

We've got four, yes FOUR new course locations in North America!

👉 Washington DC

• Academic Rigor 9.1
  • Job Assistance 8.7
Kathy

Level 5 TEFL Course

I had put off starting this course due to procrastination and fear, but I'm so glad I took the leap of faith to do it. Lockdown provided me with the time and the reason and now I am very happy to say that I passed. The structure is very good and I felt suitably challenged and supported. Some of the course, the grammar part, was difficult but I thought this was very fair and has only encouraged me to work harder in this area. I'm now looking forward to putting all my newly aquired knowledge to use and can't wait to get teaching.

I would update and extend the part abut online teaching.
Afuelomo

Truly insightful

Taking the Level 5 TEFL Course truly did open my eyes to a lot of things I didn't pay much attention to in language teaching. When I enrolled for the course I didn't know what to expect. I saw all 10 units and their titles and was eager to dive in. The units were elaborate but easy to understand with loads of valuable resources in each unit and little activities in between to check your understanding. The assignments were tasking but in a good way because working on them gave me a sense of what creating lessons and searching for suitable materials for your students in the real world would look like. The feedback from each assignment encouraged me to work harder in the next assignment. Completing the course came with a great feeling of accomplishment and it was the best decision I made...

For people who find self study difficult, I would recommend that some units are taught by an online tutor. Some people find seeing their tutor or watching their videos easier for learning. Personally, the self study method worked well for me.
Christel

Excellent TEFL Course

This experience was very positive for me. I learnt a lot in a little bit of time. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in English language teaching. In this course you learn a lot of techniques on how to teach students a language. The course was very well structured, organised and clear. If there are questions the staff answers quickly and with precision. It provides also a lot of possiblities after the course is completed. The content is complete and embraces all of the important questions related to foreign language teaching.

I would like to have a more complete feedback on the tasks and not only grades.
Sanne

Interesting course with good materials and good assistance!

I think the course is very well set up. Everything is divided into units and there are a lot of exercises to practice with theory. Every unit there is a test to take about the theory of the unit. There are three assignments in the course and I found these very useful. They are not difficult to do, and you learn a lot from them! It gives you many handles on how to make a lesson plan!
Classroom practice was also very useful. You practice with teaching in front of the whole group and it is helpful to get the feedback from other students! You can finish this course easily in 6 months if you have the time! I recommend the course with the TEFL academy!

If you want to do this course while travelling, I would recommend to do it when you will stay for a longer time in one place. I was travelling when I took the course, and for me, it was difficult to combine because I was moving a lot.
Kayla

TEFL Level 5 for Students

I found this course to be insightful and well organized, learning material was easy to access, clearly set out and full of valuable content. I would recommend students to study this, for possible teaching opportunities but even just for your CV if you are living in a country where English is not the first language. I would suggest students work consistently on their course as the learning content and assignments do require quite a bit of energy and time, leaving it all to the end will not benefit you.

I would include more online teaching guidance, there is a lot of content for how to be a student that is physically and resent with the class, however, I think the scope of jobs for online English teachers is also very large.
Maria

The best thing I choose to do!

Hello! In December I choose to study the Level 5 TEFL course and I began with the 20hr 2 day classroom part. This was a great weekend and an opportunity to meet other people studying the course and meet an experienced TEFL teacher, this experience was invaluable and very helpful. I continued with course and units and assignments and as an English native I thought it was going to be easy but actually it is not and really made me think and I really felt I was learning all over again and testing myself. Once I and finished I really felt like I had achieved something. The course covered everything and I cannot wait to put it into practice now here in Barcelona and start teaching. I am so excited. Thank you TEFL for this course and experience.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I think i would choose to do it faster so that I could get teaching quicker as I am very excited now to start.
Hannah

Amazing course! I would reccomend to anyone

This was an amazing course, simple and easy to complete. The information although at times complex was explained well and I feel I have learnt a lot and look forward to using my skills across the world and meeting new people and learning about new cultures through them. I have already recommended this course to my best friend who has started her learning and already loves it. We plan to use our qualifications to travel after university and help people from different cultures by teaching them English. I also look forward to helping asylum seekers and refugees improve their English so that they can gain refuge in the UK

I would include advice on language barriers and how to overcome them
Izabela

Comprehensive TEFL course, highly recommended for anyone starting teaching.

This is the most comprehensive TEFL course out there. I have recently completed my level 5 (168 hours) online course. Each unit is full of valuable information and guided with further reading articles and online resources.
The course content is well laid out and presented. The assignments are challenging and require quite a bit of time and planning. Do not assume 6 month access will give you plenty of time to finish the course.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is starting teaching, or plans to make a career change.