InterExchange Teach English Thailand

Make a positive impact in the lives of others and your own! Gain experience and boost your resume. Start with orientation in Chiang Mai or Bangkok and then embark into a new world.

Speaking English is a requirement for educational and career advancement in Thailand, so your position as an English Teacher in Thailand is of great importance. Most teachers spend around 20 hours in the classroom per week, as well as another 15 to 20 hours planning, grading, attending meetings and school-related activities. After arriving in Thailand, you'll spend your first week in Bangkok, where you'll have an orientation focused on TEFL theory, Thai language, local culture and more. You'll also meet fellow teachers during your time!

• Benefits 10
  • Facilities 10
Samantha

LOVED my teaching abroad experience

Teaching abroad for me, was an opportunity to travel and live in a different country. Since it was my first big independent trip abroad, interexchange was 100% worth it. The training was awesome, not only did we learn about teaching, but also the culture/language. The training also helps you make friends when you’re alone in a new country! You may even meet someone who is going to the same town/school as you! I was the only one going to my town...but I could meet my new friends for weekend trips, etc! The teaching abroad experience is unforgettable and irreplaceable. Interexchange added the security that I needed in order to make such a big trip. Interexchange also helps with getting your visa (complicated process), finding a school, and communicating with the school. It was nice to always have a “go to” person for questions.

Phoenix

An experience of a lifetime

Teaching English the in a small village in Northern Thailand was the experience of a lifetime. From the eager to learn students, to the kind-hearted locals, to the weekend adventures around the country, to the mind-bogglingly delicious food and breathtaking nature, I will always remember my experience fondly.

InterExchange was incredibly helpful in helping to acclimate us to our new environment and provided dedicated support through the 6 month program. I would highly recommend InterExchange for anyone looking to have an enriching and comprehensive experience teaching English abroad.

Sarah

Teaching in Thailand InterExchange

I taught in a rural northern town in Thailand. I taught 1st and 2nd grade. The experience was definitely challenging but so rewarding. I learned so much about Thai culture and have grown as an individual.
The Thai people are the nicest people I have ever met. They helped me countless times and have showed me what true kindness looks like. The English level is very low in Thailand but the people always tried to understand what I was trying to communicate to them. They were so patient and coming from the United States, a place where survival of the fittest is the main mind set, it was so refreshing and showed me how I should treat others.

About InterExchange

InterExchange is a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting cross-cultural awareness through international work and volunteer exchange programs. For 40+ years, InterExchange has connected young adults from all over the world with life-changing...