GoTEFL Thailand | Training & Job Placement Teaching Program in Thailand

GoTEFL Thailand | Training & Job Placement Teaching Program in Thailand

TEFL job in Thailand with full 120-hour training course subsidized by us (worth $800). We are looking for ideal teachers to join our 300-strong staff of new graduates working on a four-month contract teaching in Thailand. 40 lucky candidates each intake (March/April and September/October) will have everything taken care for them from the moment they fly in, including four weeks in Chiang Mai undertaking the TEFL International certification (a bona-fide credit bearing TEFL course), accommodation provided, fun excersions to elephant camps and mountain meditation temples, along with orientation, mentoring and despatch to your school in provincial towns across the Kingdom. Salaries are competitive with typical starting wages locally ($1,000), with housing provided.

Asia » Thailand » Chiang Mai

Gina
Chaiyaphum, Thailand
University of Delaware

Great People, Great Program

I really enjoyed the program! Our teacher, James, was amazing and made the whole experience really fun and interesting. I loved being able to teach actual children in a school and get hands on experience, which you don't necessarily get in other programs. The team at UniTEFL was very helpful from start to finish and always available if we had questions or concerns. The fact that our agency subsidizes the TEFL course was a huge draw to me and so much cheaper than doing another TEFL course. I would recommend this course to anyone looking to be a teacher in Thailand! Truly great people and a great program.

Being more honest about what to expect from Thai students, especially in ECD programs. They can be quite unruly and some days you are more of a babysitter/referee than an educator. It would have been nice to learn that during the course and learn about different management methods.

Daniel
Melbourne, Australia
Swinburne University of Technology

Teaching in Thailand.

After completing Uni and not having much luck in the job market I decided that I would like to try teaching abroad. Now after an extensive internet search I decided that the Go-TEFL program was the way ahead for me. It offered training and a guaranteed placement. Let me tell you it delivered everything it promised, the course covered everything you will need to know in the class room as well as 7 teaching lessons in a Thai classroom which is invaluable. So much so that first day when you get to your school you are not concerned about not knowing what to do in front of all those Thai students that will be yours for the semester. Great course, great people running it and overall a great learning experience.

Josh
Chonburi, Thailand
East Carolina University

Go TEFL Thailand

I am an American who recently graduated college and had an itch to see what lies beyond the gates of my town. I contemplated the thought of teaching overseas for a year while working a corporate 9-5 job. Then one day my friend told me about his experience in Thailand and how exciting it was to go on an adventure, so I set sail. I was in the 1 month TEFL program in Chaingmai, Thailand. It was a great experience learning about teaching ESL since I didnt major in education. The lessons were detailed and we even got do some hands on work. Outside of class we went on trips to explore the culture and customs of Thailand. I have met lifelong friends and had one of the greatest experiences as a first time traveler.

I would have liked to see more materials for the games that we had to make.

Lucy
Isaan, Thailand
George Washington University

UniTEFL gave me an incredible opportunity!

The TAP program from UniTEFL gave me the opportunity to experience an abroad program right out of university. The program helped me to make friends in Thailand, feel confident and comfortable in a classroom setting and feel as though I had made the right choice coming to a new place. I'm very grateful for UniTEFL and all the support they gave me throughout my TEFL course and the support they still give me, even though they don't have to.

The only thing I would change about the program is for there to be more open communication with MediaKids, the placement agency. All in all, there was minimal problems but the communication between MediaKids and UniTEFL could have been improved to better the understanding of the course participants.

Sarah
Thailand
California State University- Sacramento

Home Away From Home

The GoTEFL training and placement program in Chiang Mai was one of the most fun experiences I have ever had. We lived together, learned together, taught together and experienced Thai culture together. The trainers were helpful and involved with us every step of the way-in the classroom and out of the classroom. The cultural excursions were a HUGE help to gaining insight into Thai culture, seeing the beauty of Chiang Mai and getting to know our colleagues. The program really made my transition to Thailand easy and feel like I already had a home.

I think for me it was just budgeting. I didnt really know how much money I would be spending on the visas, housing, eating, etc. It would be nice to get a kind of budget or idea of how much you spend when you get here--since we have 2 months without pay.

Bernie
Thailand

A great company to train with.

The training in Chiang Mai was second to none,amazing staff,a great experience. All training is relevant and useful, teaching practices to help you settle in,you leave feeling prepared and happy. A decision you will not regret.

I would make the transition befween the uni tell training and the company providing the school placements smoother, but I know this is something they are working on.

Our vision at GoTEFL is to provide a smooth entry into the world of TEFL here in Thailand, so that you can focus on getting the most out of this exciting experience with effective teaching for the benefit of your students. Our goal is to