• Thailand

Program Details

Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Pre-School Elementary Middle School High School

Pricing

A $550 deposit is required to reserve your spot on the program and to begin preparing for the experience that awaits you, with the help of our experienced support team. This forms part of the total fee and the balance will only be due 10 weeks prior to your program start date.

Our full program, which includes our highly regarded in-class TESOL certification course, costs $2350.

If you are already TESOL/TEFL certified, you may qualify for our Placement Only program, which costs $1650 in total, and includes everything except for our TESOL certification course.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Some Activities Airport Transfers SIM cards Transportation Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Shared accommodation.

What's Not Included
Airfare Meals Travel Insurance Visa
Sep 13, 2022
Jul 23, 2022
113 travelers are looking at this program

Are you looking for adventure? Do you have a Bachelor’s degree? Are you a fun and energetic person under 55? Do you want to be paid to travel? If you answered yes to any of the above, you’re just who we’re looking for.
With flexible contracts ranging from 3 months to 1 year, this is your chance to make a meaningful impact internationally, grow both professionally and personally, network with people from around the world and earn a salary to live in paradise.
Known as the land of smiles, Thailand’s pristine beaches, friendly locals, steaming hot street meals and engaged students make the living easy! However, getting certified, sorting out visas, adapting to this new culture, making friends and finding a suitable teaching placement can be more complicated. Luckily for you the TravelBud team have first hand experience and have designed a program that offers 100% placement guarantee, as well as all the bells and whistles you need to make a success of this next big leap of your life!

Program Highlights

• Guaranteed paid teaching job with a monthly salary of $800 to $1300 (USD).
  • Excellent pre-departure support to prepare you for the experience of a lifetime.
  • 24/7 in-country support for anything you might need while abroad.
  • Top quality internationally accredited in-class TESOL course completed in Thailand, or a Placement Program for those that already hold a TEFL.
  • A fun-filled week of Thai cultural orientation which includes excursions, language lessons, logistics for your new life, etiquette classes and so much more!

Current Teaching Jobs

• Academic Rigor 3.45
  • Job Assistance 4.8
Zamambo

Travelbud-Thailand

I am so glad I found this program! I was scared to try and find a job on my own, especially as I hadn't traveled much before. You also hear the horror stories, so at least with Travelbud I had someone guiding me.
Kim helped me to finally move abroad and become an English teacher! She helped guide me through the process. The help Kim provided was amazing, through and I always felt like I had someone in my corner who was looking out for me. She is responsive, helpful and genuinely wanted to help make my transition and time in Thailand.
She checks up on you even once you are placed and is always readily available to answer any questions I might have.
I think the program is great because they have so many resources and programs all over the world so you really have a lot of options for where you want to go! I also love that after my first year teaching, I have the support of the program for a lifetime in many different countries!!

Pros
  • They check on you constantly
  • You have lifetime placement
Cons
  • Some Thailand schools do not pay during the school holidays
Formal Picture
Charl-Liam

Relocating from South Africa to Thailand

As you might know, relocating to a different country for work can be quite a daunting and nerve wrecking experience. If you're like me, and love moving to different countries (Thailand in particular) for work, traveling and cultural immersion, doing it through Travel Anywhere- Travelbud- Explore Asia, is the way to go. As you can imagine, simply traveling to Thailand is an easy experience, but moving to Thailand for work, that's a whole different ball game. The reason I would recommend doing it through the above mentioned companies/partners, is because they guide you thoroughly through the documentation process, what you can expect to experience this side, as well as the cost of living in Thailand (the money you can expect to spend this side). My biggest advice I can give you is that; Connecting with schools in Thailand isn't an easy process, so working through companies that can get your foot in the door and prepare you for life is Thailand, is the way to go.

PS - I hope you guys are lucky enough to work with Kim Le Roux (Support Manager from Travelbud). She's from SA and Obi-Wan Kenobi'd me through the entire relocation process. Any questions regarding Thailand, moving there, what you need to survive, the anxiety or fears you have about relocating, She's your girl!

Pros
  • Informational Support for Relocating
  • Documentational Support to become a Teacher
  • Cultural Exposure during Induction Week
Cons
  • Total expenses throughout this program is high.
  • You're not necessarily placed where you preferred to be placed.
Harry

Teaching Abroad

This has been the single greatest experience of my life and Thailand has become a home from home for me. Everyday is different and an extraordinary experience, as I immerse myself in this wonderful culture and living a dream come true, as it is all I could've hoped for a more and I can't believe where I am or what I am doing most days. I was welcomed in by the community and can't see myself leaving anytime soon, as I have found somewhere I feel I belong and I am so grateful and feel so blessed with what I have each day and some days have had their challenges, but they have all been learning and growing lessons and my time here has given me some of the most incredible and unforgettable memories I'll cherish for the rest of my life.

Pros
  • language exchange
  • personal growth and discovery
  • the fulfilling position as a teacher
Cons
  • miss-communication and misunderstandings with language barriers
  • covid-19 restrictions
  • no breaks and intense teaching schedule
Emily

Grateful for TravelBud!

My partner and I came to Thailand to teach together. TravelBud made getting to Thailand a bit easier. They set us up with a teaching agency in Thailand, and they were available nearly 24/7 to answer any questions we had along the way. Special shout-out to Kim, for always checking in on us and supporting us form a whole other country! We wouldn’t be in Thailand if it wasn’t for TravelBud. We love living in Thailand and we’re moving from right outside Bangkok to the heart of Krabi. Additionally, the network of friends that we’ve made across the country is incredible. Anywhere we travel there are friends we can meet up with and adventure with. There’s a bit of everything in Thailand - beaches, mountains, rivers, waterfalls, canyons, busy cities, farms, and many beautiful temples all throughout. TravelBud’s staff are friendly and helpful and we definitely will be teaching through a TravelBud program again in the future!!

I think visa assistance is something most international companies can improve upon. Specifically for Thailand as the entry process is extensive and tricky. The agency we were placed with in Thailand were supposed to offer more visa support but they didn’t, so we’re actually grateful that TravelBud was able to answer a lot of our questions that our agency couldn’t.
Sara

Life Changing Experience

Before reaching out to TravelBud, I was struggling to find a teaching job in Thailand on my own. What I didn't realize was that most schools only hire through agencies, making it incredibly difficult to apply to jobs without going through a company. I had only an English Bachelor's degree and an online TESOL certification behind me, making it impossible to find a job on my own. I found TravelBud after several weeks of unsuccessful job searching. Kim was incredibly helpful in guiding me along my journey- her bubbly personality and demeanor helped me to feel at ease and comfortable with the program and the people who would help me get to Thailand. I was prepared to research and complete all of the stressful documents and other hoops before my trip, but TravelBud guided me through the process smoothly and with the least amount of stress possible. The process was very quick as well- I contacted TravelBud in July, received my placement details in late August, and was in Thailand in early October. I have been in Thailand for two months now and I am incredibly grateful that I followed through with this experience. I have learned so much not only about solo traveling and Thai culture, but also about myself. Had it not been for TravelBud, my experience would have been completely different and definitely far more stressful.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My first two weeks in Thailand felt like a dream. Due to the pandemic, I stayed in Phuket for a week as an alternative to quarantine. TravelBud passed me along to their in-country partner, so after Phuket I stayed in Hua Hin for a weeklong orientation. I fell in love with Thailand immediately in those first two weeks- I made many friends and had many fun experiences. When I got to my placement in a very rural area of Thailand, I felt incredibly lonely for nearly a month. I asked to be placed in a rural area for my own growth purposes and knew that I wanted a slower pace and to feel like I was in Thailand. Asking for this, I knew that loneliness and homesickness would be a factor, but the seclusion hit me much harder than I expected and nearly broke me. To combat this, I began to meditate every day- each morning before school or when I woke in the morning and at times when I felt very low. I took many walks in nature and explored- I took to wandering around my town in the early mornings, listening to meditation music or uplifting podcasts while I soaked in the architecture and life around me. Recently there have been a few long weekends so I have taken advantage of those by traveling to nearby towns, booking a cheap but cute hotel for a night or two. It's not been easy and it wouldn't be fair to claim that it has been, but I knew this would be a challenge when I chose it. I chose to move to a country entirely different from my own for the growth experience and my, have I received it! Though there have been some hard times, I am incredibly grateful that I stuck it out past my lowest points. I am much stronger for it and I now have a wealth of beautiful stories and experiences to share.
Cecilia

Teaching in Thailand

I have had such an amazing experience in Thailand and met such incredible people and travelled to beautiful places. I would definitely recommend anyone to go teach aboard, it will be one of the best things you do in your life. I am so sad to have left!

Have an agency to support and guide you through the steps was invaluable, especially during COVID where there's lots of steps to do to just get into the country. Everyone was there ready to help with any questions.

One downside was my first placement, I feel like I was sent to a rather remote area and not necessarily told the truth about where I was going to, which was the case for several people. It was quite a lonely experience and I was so happy after requesting to be moved to go somewhere else.

Nevertheless, Travel Bud, particularly Saskia, were great in keeping in touch and offering to help and share experiences throughout my time.

Mooketsi

Thailand program

My experience as an English teacher in Thailand is amazing because of the new space I am in. The culture is very warm and the people are always kind. It really encourages you to challenge yourself and see life in a different perspective. The ability to travel and experience a new culture while working is a huge bonus. I highly recommend this program to people who are outgoing and not afraid to take risk. It is also for people who are eager to learn new cultures and spaces. It give you a reason to stay motivated in life

Anthony

Overall A Welcoming and Life-Changing Experience

I found the program to be very beneficial. Originally I was going to do everything myself, but decided to go through the program to have extra support and guidance. I found that it was a very worthy investment, as the support team was well-organized and helpful in getting me acclimated and prepared for my experience.

The support with logistics, paperwork, bank accounts etc. is facilitated and also the cultural orientation was valuable. Meeting so many other people was a great way to start my time abroad, as I made friends and developed a network from the start.

While there is room for improvement, I found overall the experience to be smooth and helpful. My teaching placement worked out for me and I am happy where I was placed. It was a pretty seamless process and I have been enjoying and learning much in my time here.

Originally I wanted to be in a bigger city with a lot of ex-pats, but my placement turned out to be in a small area. I decided to just trust in the process and it turned out that I had a great experience. I still made friends and had a life-changing experience. I think that you might grow and learn more being outside your comfort zone.

If you're new to teaching abroad and you want a strong support network to help with all the logistics and also as a way to meet others, I think this program is a strong option.

I would allow a bit more down time during the 1 week cultural orientation (for those doing placement only, not TESOL course). I found the days were packed with classes and activities and there wasn't much time for me to run errands or simply get a little rest. Otherwise, I thought it was very well organized.