• Thailand

Program Details

Classroom Audience
Early Childhood Pre-School Elementary Middle School High School

Pricing

A $550 deposit is required to reserve your spot on the program and to begin preparing for the experience that awaits you, with the help of our experienced support team. This forms part of the total fee and the balance will only be due 8 weeks prior to your program start date.

Our full program, which includes our highly regarded in-class TESOL certification course, costs $2350.

If you are already TESOL/TEFL certified, you may qualify for our Placement Only program, which costs $1650 in total, and includes everything except for our TESOL certification course.
What's Included
Activities Some Activities Airport Transfers SIM cards Transportation Wifi
What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Meals Travel Insurance Visa
Oct 27, 2021
Mar 23, 2022
106 travelers are looking at this program

Teaching in Thailand offers some incredible opportunities to push your own boundaries and explore an incredible corner of the world all the while making a meaningful contribution to the lives of the children you teach. TravelBud's program ensures you're super well prepared for the classroom and includes an in-country TESOL/TEFL course, in-class real life training, 2 days of practical teaching at a local Thai school and a week's cultural orientation.

We also offer 24/7 in-country support throughout your stay and will guide you through both your program and visa applications to help you avoid any costly mistakes and get you ready for your teaching adventure in no time! The TravelBud team have plenty of first-hand experience teaching English in Thailand, so you'll be speaking with someone who's gone through this exact experience before - this way you'll be given the best advice on everything, whether you're wondering what the TESOL/TEFL course entails or simply what clothes to pack.

Program Highlights

• Guaranteed paid teaching job with a monthly salary of $950 to $1300 (USD).
  • Excellent pre-departure support to prepare you for the experience of a lifetime.
  • 24/7 in-country support for anything you might need while abroad.
  • Top quality internationally accredited in-class TESOL course completed in Thailand - with 2 full days of practical teaching experience in a Thai school.
  • A full week of Thai cultural orientation, which includes 7 hours of Thai language lessons, lessons on Thai culture, society, history, politics and geography, and tons of awesome cultural excursions.

Current Teaching Jobs

• Academic Rigor 6.4
  • Job Assistance 9.2
Harry

Teaching Abroad

This has been the single greatest experience of my life and Thailand has become a home from home for me. Everyday is different and an extraordinary experience, as I immerse myself in this wonderful culture and living a dream come true, as it is all I could've hoped for a more and I can't believe where I am or what I am doing most days. I was welcomed in by the community and can't see myself leaving anytime soon, as I have found somewhere I feel I belong and I am so grateful and feel so blessed with what I have each day and some days have had their challenges, but they have all been learning and growing lessons and my time here has given me some of the most incredible and unforgettable memories I'll cherish for the rest of my life.

Pros
  • language exchange
  • personal growth and discovery
  • the fulfilling position as a teacher
Cons
  • miss-communication and misunderstandings with language barriers
  • covid-19 restrictions
  • no breaks and intense teaching schedule
Emily

Grateful for TravelBud!

My partner and I came to Thailand to teach together. TravelBud made getting to Thailand a bit easier. They set us up with a teaching agency in Thailand, and they were available nearly 24/7 to answer any questions we had along the way. Special shout-out to Kim, for always checking in on us and supporting us form a whole other country! We wouldn’t be in Thailand if it wasn’t for TravelBud. We love living in Thailand and we’re moving from right outside Bangkok to the heart of Krabi. Additionally, the network of friends that we’ve made across the country is incredible. Anywhere we travel there are friends we can meet up with and adventure with. There’s a bit of everything in Thailand - beaches, mountains, rivers, waterfalls, canyons, busy cities, farms, and many beautiful temples all throughout. TravelBud’s staff are friendly and helpful and we definitely will be teaching through a TravelBud program again in the future!!

I think visa assistance is something most international companies can improve upon. Specifically for Thailand as the entry process is extensive and tricky. The agency we were placed with in Thailand were supposed to offer more visa support but they didn’t, so we’re actually grateful that TravelBud was able to answer a lot of our questions that our agency couldn’t.
Sara

Life Changing Experience

Before reaching out to TravelBud, I was struggling to find a teaching job in Thailand on my own. What I didn't realize was that most schools only hire through agencies, making it incredibly difficult to apply to jobs without going through a company. I had only an English Bachelor's degree and an online TESOL certification behind me, making it impossible to find a job on my own. I found TravelBud after several weeks of unsuccessful job searching. Kim was incredibly helpful in guiding me along my journey- her bubbly personality and demeanor helped me to feel at ease and comfortable with the program and the people who would help me get to Thailand. I was prepared to research and complete all of the stressful documents and other hoops before my trip, but TravelBud guided me through the process smoothly and with the least amount of stress possible. The process was very quick as well- I contacted TravelBud in July, received my placement details in late August, and was in Thailand in early October. I have been in Thailand for two months now and I am incredibly grateful that I followed through with this experience. I have learned so much not only about solo traveling and Thai culture, but also about myself. Had it not been for TravelBud, my experience would have been completely different and definitely far more stressful.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My first two weeks in Thailand felt like a dream. Due to the pandemic, I stayed in Phuket for a week as an alternative to quarantine. TravelBud passed me along to their in-country partner, so after Phuket I stayed in Hua Hin for a weeklong orientation. I fell in love with Thailand immediately in those first two weeks- I made many friends and had many fun experiences. When I got to my placement in a very rural area of Thailand, I felt incredibly lonely for nearly a month. I asked to be placed in a rural area for my own growth purposes and knew that I wanted a slower pace and to feel like I was in Thailand. Asking for this, I knew that loneliness and homesickness would be a factor, but the seclusion hit me much harder than I expected and nearly broke me. To combat this, I began to meditate every day- each morning before school or when I woke in the morning and at times when I felt very low. I took many walks in nature and explored- I took to wandering around my town in the early mornings, listening to meditation music or uplifting podcasts while I soaked in the architecture and life around me. Recently there have been a few long weekends so I have taken advantage of those by traveling to nearby towns, booking a cheap but cute hotel for a night or two. It's not been easy and it wouldn't be fair to claim that it has been, but I knew this would be a challenge when I chose it. I chose to move to a country entirely different from my own for the growth experience and my, have I received it! Though there have been some hard times, I am incredibly grateful that I stuck it out past my lowest points. I am much stronger for it and I now have a wealth of beautiful stories and experiences to share.
Cecilia

Teaching in Thailand

I have had such an amazing experience in Thailand and met such incredible people and travelled to beautiful places. I would definitely recommend anyone to go teach aboard, it will be one of the best things you do in your life. I am so sad to have left!

Have an agency to support and guide you through the steps was invaluable, especially during COVID where there's lots of steps to do to just get into the country. Everyone was there ready to help with any questions.

One downside was my first placement, I feel like I was sent to a rather remote area and not necessarily told the truth about where I was going to, which was the case for several people. It was quite a lonely experience and I was so happy after requesting to be moved to go somewhere else.

Nevertheless, Travel Bud, particularly Saskia, were great in keeping in touch and offering to help and share experiences throughout my time.

Mooketsi

Thailand program

My experience as an English teacher in Thailand is amazing because of the new space I am in. The culture is very warm and the people are always kind. It really encourages you to challenge yourself and see life in a different perspective. The ability to travel and experience a new culture while working is a huge bonus. I highly recommend this program to people who are outgoing and not afraid to take risk. It is also for people who are eager to learn new cultures and spaces. It give you a reason to stay motivated in life

Anthony

Overall A Welcoming and Life-Changing Experience

I found the program to be very beneficial. Originally I was going to do everything myself, but decided to go through the program to have extra support and guidance. I found that it was a very worthy investment, as the support team was well-organized and helpful in getting me acclimated and prepared for my experience.

The support with logistics, paperwork, bank accounts etc. is facilitated and also the cultural orientation was valuable. Meeting so many other people was a great way to start my time abroad, as I made friends and developed a network from the start.

While there is room for improvement, I found overall the experience to be smooth and helpful. My teaching placement worked out for me and I am happy where I was placed. It was a pretty seamless process and I have been enjoying and learning much in my time here.

Originally I wanted to be in a bigger city with a lot of ex-pats, but my placement turned out to be in a small area. I decided to just trust in the process and it turned out that I had a great experience. I still made friends and had a life-changing experience. I think that you might grow and learn more being outside your comfort zone.

If you're new to teaching abroad and you want a strong support network to help with all the logistics and also as a way to meet others, I think this program is a strong option.

I would allow a bit more down time during the 1 week cultural orientation (for those doing placement only, not TESOL course). I found the days were packed with classes and activities and there wasn't much time for me to run errands or simply get a little rest. Otherwise, I thought it was very well organized.
Katie

I ❤️ TravelBud

I would highly recommend Travelbud to anyone wanting to teach abroad. I have been teaching in the United States the past 4+ years and I decided to teach abroad to learn more about how I could support my students who are English Language Learners (ELL) or learning English as a Second Language (ESL). I have very little experience working outside the US so I was looking for an agency that could support me throughout the whole process. I reached out to Travelbud in January of 2019 and for the next year they worked closely with me to make sure I was supported every step of the way. From understanding the Thailand school year to TESOL questions to all of my Visa questions and the long process of getting my teaching degree notarized, authenticated, and legalized, Travelbud was with me every step of the way. Travelbud also helped me connect with an in-country program that allowed me to get my TESOL degree before actually teaching in a school. Every question I had throughout my year of preparing to go abroad was answered quickly and accurately. It felt like I had a friend holding my hand throughout the process and I LOVED that.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Travelbud helped me feel at peace with all of my worries by answering all of my questions without judgement each step of the way. If you have any questions—even if you’re afraid it’s a stupid question—just ask! Mine ranged from Visa questions to how many pieces of luggage was too much for 3 months abroad. Travelbud was always beyond helpful!
Sara

Everything I wanted! (And everything I didn’t know I wanted)

TravelBud has been extremely supportive since the very start. I originally wanted to come to Thailand at the end of March (in a few weeks), but I changed my mind last minute a few months ago and wanted to come in December instead. TravelBud was super quick to getting me all the information I needed to be in Thailand faster than originally planned. TravelBud has constantly reached out to me to make sure I have all the help I need.

Being in Thailand for 2.5 months now has already been life changing. The TESOL course brought me some amazing friends who I still speak to every day. Going to my placement school was really scary because it was entering this unfamiliar territory to do a job I had never done before. I didn’t think culture shock would get me, but it definitely did! It was something I was quickly able to overcome with constant support and the community I was quickly able to build in my new city. I can’t express enough how special this program is and how everyone should really have an experience like this!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
When I got off the bus in my placement school city. I don’t usually get stressed about something until it’s actually happening. I got off the bus and realized this was really happening and I was suddenly horrified. This feeling goes away quickly as Thailand is the most welcoming country I’ve ever been to and the people instantly make you feel at home.