Paid Teaching Program in Thailand with TravelBud (TESOL)

Extra intake added for teaching English in Vietnam in 2018

With our September 2018 intake fully booked for teaching English in Vietnam, we've decided, due to the massive demand, to add an extra intake for October 15th. This gives you one last chance to do you TESOL course and orientation in Vietnam in 2018 and still get guaranteed job placement! The next available date after this one will only be in April 2019. So, move quickly and get your application started today to see if you qualify!

Teaching in Thailand offers some incredible opportunities to push your own boundaries and explore an incredible corner of the world all the while making a meaningful contribution to the lives of the children you teach. TravelBud's program ensures you're super well prepared for the classroom and includes an in-country TESOL course, in-class real life training, 2 days of practical teaching at a local Thai school and a week's cultural orientation.

We also offer 24/7 in-country support throughout your stay and will guide you through both your program and visa applications to help you avoid any costly mistakes and get you ready for your teaching adventure in no time! The TravelBud team have plenty of first-hand experience teaching English in Thailand, so you'll be speaking with someone who's gone through this exact experience before - this way you'll be given the best advice on everything, whether you're wondering what the TESOL course entails or simply what clothes to pack.

• Guaranteed job placement
  • Excellent pre-departure support to prepare you for your trip
  • 24/7 in-country support for anything you might need while abroad
  • Top quality in-class TESOL course done in Thailand
  • Much loved weeklong cultural orientation in Thailand to prepare you for life there

Hi Romee, thanks for reaching out! Yes, a TESOL or TEFL certificate is required to take part in this program. Our program does include full TESOL certification which is done during a 120 hour in-class course conducted in Thailand. The TESOL certificate you'll get during our program is accredited and is valid worldwide. In Thailand it is definitely one of the most respected and widely accepted...
Hi Heather, thanks for reaching out! We have a few of options available to you. We currently have two volunteer teach programs, one in Thailand and one in Panama. The Thailand one lasts about 1 month, the Panama program lasts from 4-12 weeks. With the Thailand program you travel to various English camps throughout Thailand and so get to see a great deal of the less explored parts of the country....
Hi Patricia! I see you're enquiring regarding our Thailand program which is usually a minimum of a semester contract. We have a great one month volunteer teach program as an alternative to this program which will see you get an insightful, activity packed orientation week followed by 3-4 weeks of teaching at less fortunate schools and camps which greatly need fun English instruction. It allows you...
You can as long as your English is great and you don't have a deep accent.

• Benefits 9.1
  • Facilities 7.7
  • Instruction 9.1
  • Difficulty 5.6
  • Job Assistance 9.4
Chwayita

Adveture

Coming to teach in Thailand was the best decision I ever made for myself. I have grown in so many ways I never thought I would. What I love the most about Thailand is the Thai people that are very friendly and the delicious Thai food. Working with Thai kids is a pleasure as are keen to learn. Overall I’m so happy that I was able to have this experience and so grateful to TravelBud for making it possible!

Response from TravelBud

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! Saskia and the rest of the team know that it hasn't always been smooth sailing for you but you've shown such grit and determination in making this incredible experience work for you. We're all rooting for you here at the TravelBud office and we know that your positive attitude will be an inspiration to your students. They're very lucky to have you!

Zack

Come here to be a Teacher not a tourist!!

This is an amazing program. The mandatory TESOL training course does a good job getting you prepared to be a teacher here, but nothing compares to the real thing. Working with Thai students is an absolute blast. They are fun-loving, hard-working, and simply a pleasure to be around. As the title states, DO NOT COME HERE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO TRAVEL. Theses students greatly benefit from learning English, as it is the most used language between Asean countries, as well as much of the world. You can literally help open doors to the world for kids here if you are willing to work hard for them. Absolutely would recommend this program for anyone who wants to help out and enjoy the amazing country that Thailand is!

Carly

Awesome experience!

TravelBud helped me to get where I was going. Through TravelBud I got set up with their in-country partner company in Thailand. I traveled to Thailand with their help, completed a TESOL course and have been happily teaching here for 8 months. They were supportive all along and always there to answer questions and check in. It made the move across the world so much easier. Would definitely recommend this company as it is reliable and leads to a rewarding experience. Thanks for everything!

Demrin

Loving life in Thailand

I want to thank Travelbud for all the help and assistance they provided without them it would not be possible. Saskia Smuts was a real rose as she always provided feedback on the many questions I have. I will always refer friends to the organization as I feel it makes the process al lot easier.

My trip in Thailand has been up and down with lots of good and some bad moments, but I have never regretted coming to Thailand and I wish to be doing this.

It would be pretty sick if I could win a trip overseas as my birthday is almost and would love to take my girlfriend somewhere nice.

Lilian

Thai'm in Thailand

My experience was incredible. I was petrified getting on the plane 6 months ago and leaving everything behind, but as soon as I landed, and began making a new life for myself, I found not only was I fully capable of anything, but also, my home was wherever I am. This revelation led way to traveling across South East Asia, sometimes without a destination in mind, and sometimes without a place to stay. My travels have been nothing short of an adventure and I'm excited for the next chapter!

More one-on-one information sessions.
Nikki

Best decision ever!

I am a naturally anxious person and going abroad to teach was one of the scariest things I'd ever done. TravelBud was so helpful in calming my nerves and ensuring everything was prepared so that I had less to worry about and could enjoy myself more. Overall it was the best decision I could have made and I'm so happy that I was able to have this experience and so grateful to TravelBud for making it possible!

Lane

Thailand Changes

I have nothing but amazing things to say about TravelBud and Saskia who helped me from the beginning of my experiences, through the transition and followed up with me once I was placed. I am someone who has always gone into all my experiences with expectations, how can you not? But my expectations were not fulfilled and it turned out to be a blessing. Thailand has changed my life for the better and I feel so thankful for everything TravelBud has done for me and XploreAsia.

lauren

Best Decision of My Life

I graduated from University with a science degree and no clue what I wanted the next step to be. I knew I wanted to travel, but I felt pressured to jump into a 9-5 job. I did, and I quit 3 months later. After that I focused most of my attention on how I could affordably travel to other parts of the world. This program is great because not only does it allow you to experience completely different things from your home country, but it also gives you the chance to create strong bonds with the people in the TESOL course. The course helps you to not feel so alone in a land so foreign, and also helps you integrate yourself into the country and understand the customs and what is expected of you. Also, the staff was very helpful when it came to our group's 20 thousand questions, and I was very happy they were there and were so friendly. In fact, my flight had been delayed for 2 days and the staff responded quickly, helped me adjust my travel plans, and waited for me at my accommodation when I arrived. I had considered just up and moving to another country and finding a teaching position there without the TESOL course or certification, but I am SO happy I chose to do this program. It's worth the money and time. I'm currently placed in Trang City, Thailand, which is located in the south, and I absolutely love it and my job! Friends from my course were also placed in the south, so we make weekend trips to each other or plan island hopping adventures whenever we can. This was the best decision of my life and I don't regret it one bit :)

Include meals or accommodation, and also more "break" days, since we only got a few days off throughout the whole course to explore.
Response from TravelBud

Lauren, thanks so much for this awesome review! It's going to be so helpful for others to hear how the course helped you personally. Thanks for your time and effort and suggestions here. The whole team here at TravelBud knows just how much good is going to come out of your experience, not only for your students but for your life journey also. Keep doing great things :)

Zante

Teaching

I came to Thailand not knowing what to expect but so many wonderful and amazing things have happened to me! I never thought I would love teaching this much, and I can't wait to learn and experience more. I thought I wanted to teach primary kids but I got high school kids, and I absolutely adore them - they are so sweet! I have met so many different kinds of people from all over the world that have shared their amazing stories with me, and that just makes me more excited for the future!

Response from TravelBud

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Zante! The whole team is thrilled to hear how much you're enjoying your time in Thailand. I'm sure you're going to make a huge impact in the lives of your students. Keep up the awesome work :)

Maggi

Review

I have been teaching in Thailand for 3 months now and I am so lucky to have this opportunity. I want to thank travelbud for helping get everything organized and started in a new country. I was worried about living in an unfamiliar place but they helped ease the transition and help me feel like I was not alone in the process. I know that I can email them at any time if I have questions about something. I was in a teacher in the states but teaching students that don't understand me is definetly a challenge but the tesol course helped me with strategies and lessons to use.

Response from TravelBud

Thanks so much for the awesome review Maggi! We're all so excited to hear how well you're doing in Thailand. As always, we're here if you need anything! :)

Tim

Great way to see Thailand

I had no idea exactly what I was getting into when I decided I was going to teach English halfway across the world. I had never taught before and going to a country so vastly different from the western world can be quite daunting. However, the staff and help provided along the way were so helpful every step of the way, even after their jobs were over. I still feel like I can go to them for any questions of concerns I may have

The only downside with the program was that they didn't seem to be upfront with all of the costs up front. After paying the first fee there was a much larger one on top of that in which there was no mention of before the first transaction
Response from TravelBud

Hi Tim! Thanks for the lovely review, we're all super chuffed with it! Thanks also for your constructive feedback, every bit helps us improve, so it's truly appreciated!

Andrew

TravelBud

Everything about our experience so far has been incredible. There have been one or two hiccups along the way but nothing we couldn't handle and the XploreAsia & TrabelBud staff were always there to assist. The course was fun and smooth and our lecturer and coordinator were both professional and awesome.

We were both a little surprised about the cost of accommodation during the course (it was double the price we expected as the price is per person rather than per room) but this was more a misinterpretation of the information provided to us. We were also surprised to learn that the course was through XploreAsia rather than through TravelBud but at the end of the day everything worked out perfectly.

Ensure that students are aware that the accommodation price during the course is charged per person rather than per room.
Perhaps inform the applicants that the course is done through XploreAsia rather than Travelbud. We were surprised when we received the email from XploreAsia informing us that they were excited for us to be coming to Thailand yet we had no idea who this company was and what they did.
Overall the course and people were incredible and definitely something I would recommend to people.
Sophie

Definitely go for it!

I worked and lived closely with 29 other people and if I could I would do it all over again. Although it was exhausting, and kept us busy 24/7 I met some amazing people that I will never forget and also learned how to teach kids English. I feel really prepared to teach, and this wouldn't have been possible if I didn't do the TESOL course. I was nervous that I would be left stranded in the middle of nowhere having to figure things out on my own but the process was smoother than I thought, and now I am sitting writing this in my new apartment! I don't think I could have done this without TravelBud's help.

Caitlin

A helping hand whenever you need it!

TravelBud has been the most supportive, warm and family like agency I have ever worked with. They gave such a personal touch to getting me ready with my Thailand experience and always gave attention to personal details when checking up by phone call or email, which made me feel like I wasn't just a number. Both the staff and founders have gone out of their way to make sure we were looked after, supported, happy and if not happy a plan was always made. I have to say a HUGE thank you to Saskia and Liam, you have been incredible.

Lethu

THANK YOU Travelbud!

Deciding to move to Thailand is not the easiest of decisions to make, but Travelbud made sure the actual process was seamless, clear and pleasant.

They're always ready to answer questions, queries and concerns (anxiety may get the better of you, it's normal) and guide you patiently through the process.

So, my advice to anyone considering teaching abroad.... JUST GO! Obviously get Travelbud to assist you, it's absolutely worth it.

Special thank you to the entire Travelbud team, you guys are an awesome bunch of people!

About TravelBud

At TravelBud everyone you deal with is someone who has taught or volunteered abroad before. We all passionately believe in the life-changing power of the teach & volunteer abroad experience, both for those we place and for the students who gain new...