Paid Teaching Jobs in Thailand with TravelBud

Paid Teaching Jobs in Thailand with TravelBud

What about teaching in Vietnam?

Teaching English in Vietnam is one of our fastest growing programs and for good reason! The country is experiencing an economic boom and its young population is hungry to learn new skills that will help them thrive - learning English is a big priority. Vietnam also has a rich and fascinating history and culture with some of the world's most loved street foods. It's location in South East Asia make vacation destinations like Thailand, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Malaysia and more a short hop on a plane to reach. We offer accredited in-class TESOL and cultural orientation done in Vietnam to ensure you get the best start possible on this exciting adventure. Chat to our program coordinators today to find out if teaching in Vietnam is the right fit for you!

Teaching in Thailand offers some incredible opportunities to push your own boundaries and explore an incredible corner of the world all the while making a meaningful contribution to the lives of the children you teach. TravelBud's program ensures you're super well prepared for the classroom and includes an in-country TESOL course, in-class real life training, 2 days of practical teaching at a local Thai school and a week's cultural orientation.

We also offer 24/7 in-country support throughout your stay and will guide you through both your program and visa applications to help you avoid any costly mistakes and get you ready for your teaching adventure in no time! The TravelBud team have plenty of first-hand experience teaching English in Thailand, so you'll be speaking with someone who's gone through this exact experience before - this way you'll be given the best advice on everything, whether you're wondering what the TESOL course entails or simply what clothes to pack.

• Guaranteed job placement
  • Excellent pre-departure support to prepare you for your trip
  • 24/7 in-country support for anything you might need while abroad
  • Top quality in-class TESOL course done in Thailand
  • Much loved weeklong cultural orientation in Thailand to prepare you for life there
Surat Thani
Job Placement
Airport Transfers
SIM cards
Travel Insurance
A $450 deposit is required once you have been accepted onto the program, this forms part of the total fee. The remainder of fees is required within 6 weeks of arriving in Thailand.

The $2150 total fee includes cultural orientation and TESOL course in Thailand over a period of 4 weeks. If you opt for orientation and job placement only, you'll pay $1450 including the initial $450 holding deposit.
Multiple other cities, towns and villages across Thailand

You can as long as your English is great and you don't have a deep accent.

• Benefits 9.1
  • Facilities 7.7
  • Instruction 9.2
  • Difficulty 5.7
  • Job Assistance 9.3

Thailand Changes

I have nothing but amazing things to say about TravelBud and Saskia who helped me from the beginning of my experiences, through the transition and followed up with me once I was placed. I am someone who has always gone into all my experiences with expectations, how can you not? But my expectations were not fulfilled and it turned out to be a blessing. Thailand has changed my life for the better and I feel so thankful for everything TravelBud has done for me and XploreAsia.

Best Decision of My Life

I graduated from University with a science degree and no clue what I wanted the next step to be. I knew I wanted to travel, but I felt pressured to jump into a 9-5 job. I did, and I quit 3 months later. After that I focused most of my attention on how I could affordably travel to other parts of the world. This program is great because not only does it allow you to experience completely different things from your home country, but it also gives you the chance to create strong bonds with the people in the TESOL course. The course helps you to not feel so alone in a land so foreign, and also helps you integrate yourself into the country and understand the customs and what is expected of you. Also, the staff was very helpful when it came to our group's 20 thousand questions, and I was very happy they were there and were so friendly. In fact, my flight had been delayed for 2 days and the staff responded quickly, helped me adjust my travel plans, and waited for me at my accommodation when I arrived. I had considered just up and moving to another country and finding a teaching position there without the TESOL course or certification, but I am SO happy I chose to do this program. It's worth the money and time. I'm currently placed in Trang City, Thailand, which is located in the south, and I absolutely love it and my job! Friends from my course were also placed in the south, so we make weekend trips to each other or plan island hopping adventures whenever we can. This was the best decision of my life and I don't regret it one bit :)

Include meals or accommodation, and also more "break" days, since we only got a few days off throughout the whole course to explore.

Response from TravelBud

Lauren, thanks so much for this awesome review! It's going to be so helpful for others to hear how the course helped you personally. Thanks for your time and effort and suggestions here. The whole team here at TravelBud knows just how much good is going to come out of your experience, not only for your students but for your life journey also. Keep doing great things :)

I came to Thailand not knowing what to expect but so many wonderful and amazing things have happened to me! I never thought I would love teaching this much, and I can't wait to learn and experience more. I thought I wanted to teach primary kids but I got high school kids, and I absolutely adore them - they are so sweet! I have met so many different kinds of people from all over the world that have shared their amazing stories with me, and that just makes me more excited for the future!

Response from TravelBud

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Zante! The whole team is thrilled to hear how much you're enjoying your time in Thailand. I'm sure you're going to make a huge impact in the lives of your students. Keep up the awesome work :)

I have been teaching in Thailand for 3 months now and I am so lucky to have this opportunity. I want to thank travelbud for helping get everything organized and started in a new country. I was worried about living in an unfamiliar place but they helped ease the transition and help me feel like I was not alone in the process. I know that I can email them at any time if I have questions about something. I was in a teacher in the states but teaching students that don't understand me is definetly a challenge but the tesol course helped me with strategies and lessons to use.

Response from TravelBud

Thanks so much for the awesome review Maggi! We're all so excited to hear how well you're doing in Thailand. As always, we're here if you need anything! :)

Great way to see Thailand

I had no idea exactly what I was getting into when I decided I was going to teach English halfway across the world. I had never taught before and going to a country so vastly different from the western world can be quite daunting. However, the staff and help provided along the way were so helpful every step of the way, even after their jobs were over. I still feel like I can go to them for any questions of concerns I may have

The only downside with the program was that they didn't seem to be upfront with all of the costs up front. After paying the first fee there was a much larger one on top of that in which there was no mention of before the first transaction

Response from TravelBud

Hi Tim! Thanks for the lovely review, we're all super chuffed with it! Thanks also for your constructive feedback, every bit helps us improve, so it's truly appreciated!

Everything about our experience so far has been incredible. There have been one or two hiccups along the way but nothing we couldn't handle and the XploreAsia & TrabelBud staff were always there to assist. The course was fun and smooth and our lecturer and coordinator were both professional and awesome.

We were both a little surprised about the cost of accommodation during the course (it was double the price we expected as the price is per person rather than per room) but this was more a misinterpretation of the information provided to us. We were also surprised to learn that the course was through XploreAsia rather than through TravelBud but at the end of the day everything worked out perfectly.

Ensure that students are aware that the accommodation price during the course is charged per person rather than per room.
Perhaps inform the applicants that the course is done through XploreAsia rather than Travelbud. We were surprised when we received the email from XploreAsia informing us that they were excited for us to be coming to Thailand yet we had no idea who this company was and what they did.
Overall the course and people were incredible and definitely something I would recommend to people.

Definitely go for it!

I worked and lived closely with 29 other people and if I could I would do it all over again. Although it was exhausting, and kept us busy 24/7 I met some amazing people that I will never forget and also learned how to teach kids English. I feel really prepared to teach, and this wouldn't have been possible if I didn't do the TESOL course. I was nervous that I would be left stranded in the middle of nowhere having to figure things out on my own but the process was smoother than I thought, and now I am sitting writing this in my new apartment! I don't think I could have done this without TravelBud's help.

A helping hand whenever you need it!

TravelBud has been the most supportive, warm and family like agency I have ever worked with. They gave such a personal touch to getting me ready with my Thailand experience and always gave attention to personal details when checking up by phone call or email, which made me feel like I wasn't just a number. Both the staff and founders have gone out of their way to make sure we were looked after, supported, happy and if not happy a plan was always made. I have to say a HUGE thank you to Saskia and Liam, you have been incredible.

THANK YOU Travelbud!

Deciding to move to Thailand is not the easiest of decisions to make, but Travelbud made sure the actual process was seamless, clear and pleasant.

They're always ready to answer questions, queries and concerns (anxiety may get the better of you, it's normal) and guide you patiently through the process.

So, my advice to anyone considering teaching abroad.... JUST GO! Obviously get Travelbud to assist you, it's absolutely worth it.

Special thank you to the entire Travelbud team, you guys are an awesome bunch of people!

TravelBud Review

After looking through a few different travel sites and doing a bit of research, I decided to sign up for a chat with Peter. Within minutes I trusted TravelBud with the whole process. Everything from signing up, to getting here went smoothly and comfortably for me. Once arriving, Liam and Saskia continued with their support and even took me and a few others out for a couple of delicious dinners. Moving across the world can be very scary, but with the help and support that TravelBud provides, it makes the whole process even more enjoyable.

When considering this big decision to move overseas it can be a bit overwhelming with all the information you need to know to get started. I researched through so many different organizations that help you through this process, but in the end everything kept coming back to TravelBud. From the initial contact, until I finally landed in Thailand they were there every step of the way. Its not so much the information they provided, which is all necessary and helpful, but its the way it was presented and with the care it was given. They are headquartered all the way in South Africa and I am in Chicago and was as comfortable as can be from such a far distance. They constantly help you with the process step by step, never overwhelming you with information. They made sure that I took care of the initial steps before informing me of the next move. They answered all my questions in a timely fashion and most importantly they genuinely care about my well being and constant concerns with the process. Life choices can sometimes be very stressful and full of anxiety that you can't control, but TravelBud makes sure that they won't give any of that on their end. Today I am living in Thailand with a smile on my face and experiencing an adventure I already know I will never forget. They are a huge reason for that, so thank you TravelBud! Also a special shout out to Peter and Saskia in this process! Hope to meet one day and thank you personally!

Continue to expand! Availability to other countries. People want to see the world and with the care you give, I think its important to help those who want to explore outside of Southeast Asia! I hope I can help with that one day!

Kieran Glen

The only travel bud you'll ever need.

TravelBud needs to be congratulated by every person who arrived in the April intake. Of course I cannot speak for everyone, but not a single person on my team didnt have anything but great reviews on how we were treated during our first couple weeks in Thailand. This process has seamed to have no admin needed by us due to the fact that TravelBud took care of absolutely everything. The team at TravelBud are extremely supportive and kept a communication line open with us constantly as well as took us on a couple little adventures around Hua Hin. I cannot express enough how I would trust this company to assist me in teaching ANYWHERE in the world. I am 2 months in at an amazing school in Nonthaburi and loving life while TravelBud still checks in and have made it very clear they are always here to help. The team that is TravelBud and the people working for them will be buddies of mine for life!

No, I don't recommend

Experience of a Lifetime

I am here, sitting in Thailand, already placed at a school in the South, teaching the absolute cutest Primary school children - exactly as I wanted it, not necessarily as I imagined it though. I can't remember how I imagined it, but all I can remember is that TravelBud has made the whole rollercoster ride a smooth one! From the get go, they answered every single question I had, were available anytime for a Skype call and supported me mentally throughout the whole experience of getting adjusted to life in Thailand!
Best of all, the founder of TravelBud and one of his work colleagues decided to pop by and say Hi in Thailand while we were doing our well planned Orientation week and TESOL Course. This just proved how much they care for their participants!
Absolutely appreciate everything you guys have done for me!

The only complaint would be the time constraint, since there is so much happening and trying to adjust to a life in a new country while you have to squeeze your TESOL course in to 1 week is a bit tough!

The Dream Team!!!

What an incredible team of humans! You all have contributed to making my new start in Thailand nothing less than amazing. The level of communication and fluidity of it needs to be recommended. The team constantly kept me up to date with the latest information and lovingly checked in on me from time to time. Starting afresh in a new country is daunting but it feels so good knowing I have such great support. I'd like to extend a massive Thank You to the entire team!!! :)

Go For It!

I am so happy with my decision to choose TravelBud to help me on my journey in becoming an English teacher in Thailand! I have always wanted to travel the world, but that is obviously easier said than done. In truth, uprooting your life and moving halfway across the world is a daunting task! With the help of TravelBud, though, the process has gone incredibly smoothly, and I have been enjoying my wonderful and amazing time in Thailand.

TravelBud is there for you to provide support and assistance both in preparation for your journey, and all throughout your time abroad. Any problem or concern you could possibly have, they will help you with it. They have put my mind at ease by making a difficult and worrisome process go smoothly and easily. I would definitely recommend TravelBud to anyone who wants to teach abroad, but isn't quite sure how to go about it or where to begin.

About TravelBud

At TravelBud everyone you deal with is someone who has taught or volunteered abroad before. We all passionately believe in the life-changing power of the teach & volunteer abroad experience, both for those we place and for the students who gain new...