Vantage 120-Hour TEFL Certification

Two University Accreditations—Internationally Recognized—Master’s Level Credits. Earn three Master's credits from Fairmont State University. USA.

Vantage TEFL Certification is a 4 week, 120-hour, In-class course with 6 hours of observed teaching practice in Bangkok, Thailand.

Our TEFL program is also validated and accredited by the European Global School, Paris. EGS is accredited by Accreditation Service for International Schools, colleges, and Universities (ASIC), an educational accreditation agency recognized by the British Government's Home Office and UK Border Agency.

Our TEFL course can now be used to waive 25% of the credits towards a Master's degree in Education from EGS.

Every Vantage TEFL course is independently moderated by TEFL experts.

Our TEFL Certification courses and our comprehensive job coaching and career support, as well as visa arrival assistance in Bangkok, makes Vantage Thailand’s one-stop teacher training destination.

• Work with Vantage: Exciting opportunities for becoming a recruiting partner.
  • Authorized Cambridge English Test Centre. We have experience in delivering world-class exams to Thai schools, universities as well as executive testing for our corporate clients.
  • The TEFL Silk Road—Teacher Training with a Guaranteed Job (with a rebate of US$750)
  • Corporate Training Provider: Vantage is a Bangkok leader in business English and management services training.
  • Developer of Customized Courses: Vantage creates tailor-made courses that address the particular training objectives of our client institutions.

• Instruction 10
  • Difficulty 9.3
  • Job Assistance 10
M. Marie

A Veteran American Teacher Takes TEFL

I have worked in the US education system—mostly in California—as a teacher and as an administrator for over two decades. I decided to do a TEFL certification as I want to expand my teaching qualifications to students studying English.

Thailand offers many TEFL program choices. I read many of the reviews and contacted the key schools. Vantage responded immediately with full information on my questions regarding accommodation options, travel, and visa arrangements—basically everything I wanted to know about TEFL. In the end, I felt completely confident in choosing Vantage for my certification.

As a veteran teacher, I have trained under many different models of teaching methods. The ESA (Engage, Study, Activate) approach which Vantage implements is super teacher and student friendly. Lessons were easy to create and could be adapted to the specific needs of my students.

Chris, the lead trainer, has decades of experience and it shows. He’s unbelievably knowledgeable of all aspects of teaching English. Any questions I had regarding my lessons or material presented in class were answered very thoroughly yet easy to understand. This is an intense course—it’s only four weeks. And while there were a few times where I did feel a little overwhelmed, the lessons were engaging, meaningful and, importantly, fun. Vantage really helped me change the way I thought about teaching in a positive way.

Another fantastic aspect of Vantage is I was able to implement my lesson plans with real non-English speaking students at a nursing college. I saw firsthand the effectiveness of the ESA method. My Thai Students were fun to work with—even though they were at an A1/A2 level of English. The entire experience was incredibly rewarding.

Vantage has their own Jobs Coach. Kevin sat with me one-on-one and we created a created a “power resume”, which including a video and cover letter. My new resume highlights my strengths and is so much stronger and effective. I was also coached interviewing strategies and tips, many of which I wasn’t aware of before.

Finally, a word about the accommodations. The recommended apartment where I stayed is located in a great area—surrounded by wonderful cafes, fantastic food markets, shopping centers, movie theaters—and much more—all within a 10-15 minute walking distance. This area is incredibly safe, inexpensive and fun.

My TEFL experience help me see the endless possible opportunities of teaching English abroad. It also renewed my excitement about education. Vantage absolutely receives my highest recommendation for TEFL certification.

Daniel

The teaching practice was PHENOMENAL!

I chose to study with Vantage TEFL due to their unique offering of the Combined Course. The course curriculum I did online over three months as I was working full time. Then, during a 2 weeks annual leave, I did my practice teaching in Bangkok afternoons/evenings.
Vantage was more than accommodating and let me attend any of their regular sessions with their full-time students that I chose.

The teaching practices were eye-opening. I had to do one lesson plan for my online portion. Now I had to do six more—each one on a separate language topic. I got great feedback on each one so by the time I stepped into the classroom I had a plan that I was more than confident would be successful.

It was extremely satisfying to put my lesson plans into practice and see the real-life application of my online learning. And after delivering each practice teaching session I was ‘debriefed’ by the trainers on my teaching performance and what they would like to see in the upcoming session.

I learned a lot of knowledge on the online part of the course, but it was only through real teaching that my knowledge became teaching skills.

Having gone through the combined course, I believe I was sensible with my decision as it allowed me the flexibility to study when and where I wanted, but still receive the same high-quality qualification.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Vantage TEFL to anyone considering such a qualification and the practical exposure offered in a course like this offers an unparalleled experience to any solely online class.

Joss

My TEFL Journey

The Vantage instructors and staff were highly professional, super knowledgeable and, importantly, had a great sense of humor. The lead trainer gave us an easy-to-understand grammar review. He has decades of classroom experience and his practical advice of what to expect and do in the classroom went far beyond the course book.

We got one-on-one help and feedback for each of the six lesson plans we had to create for each practice teaching session. These all had to be on a different language topic. Then we got great feedback on each session as well as a new challenge for the next classroom. We also had to observe the other trainees and it was incredible to watch them all get better day by day, session by session.
Vantage has a Jobs Coach and he trained us in resume writing and interviewing techniques. I worked with him on creating my own Power Resume and other job supporting materials like cover letters and thank you notes.

The Vantage trainers have lived in Bangkok for years so they imparted a ton of local knowledge about the Thailand which was very helpful to many in my class.

This was a fantastic course. I’m now professionally certified and I'm ready to teach.

Brad

A Professional Teaching Certification

Though I already had success as a teacher, I wanted to learn best teaching practices for teaching students learning English as a second language. I chose Vantage as it’s certification came from an American accredited university.

The course was very insightful on all levels. I first learned how to formulate great lesson plans that would be successful in the classroom.

Vantage emphasizes the ESA teaching methodology and it’s a smart and more effective than the techniques I had had been using before. I will continue to use this technique moving forward.

Many schools I taught at previously had no course plan little in materials. Beyond the actual learning experience, Vantage gives its students a vast database of teaching books, worksheets, video and other relevant materials that will be a big head start in my next professional teaching assignment.

Another big plus—in terms of employment—were photos and videos of me teaching a real class that I agreed to have posted online. I can show these to prospective employers and they can see me actually teaching. The fact that the practice teaching is done in a real nursing college will also be impressive to an interviewer. This will be far more persuasive than interviewing with an online earned certificate with which requires no real practical teaching experience to acquire.

I attained world-class teaching certification from an internationally recognized school. As a result of Vantages professional training, time-proven techniques, and expertise in job placement, I already had a full-time teaching job only days after finishing the course. I can’t imagine a more satisfying experience.

Charlie

I’m ready to teach!

Vantage TEFL was both a challenging yet a highly rewarding experience.

I first learned how to create a lesson plan that I could resource materials for and then successfully deliver to a class. I received the right tools to effectively reach all age groups of students.

The observed teaching practice was extremely helpful and this is where I really developed the skills I needed to learn how to teach. I found myself improving every lesson—both through my self-evaluations and the excellent feedback provided by the course instructors.
In addition to critiquing my last performance, I was always given a new challenge to incorporate into my next teaching session.

I am confident that the knowledge I’ve learned and the skills I have formed in this course will stay with me throughout my teaching career.

Jack

A Class TEFL Provider

Even before I left Texas, I was getting all the information from Vantage I needed to get me to Thailand and enrolled in the course effortlessly.

In the course, we learned about what teaching EFL involves and reviewed the basics of English. I liked the way we alternated between the two. Chris, the lead trainer, is incredibly versed in all the topics introduced. His whiteboard work offers shortcuts and mnemonic devices to remember things (like key grammar points). To top it off he has a good sense of humor so the class flows along nicely with a few laughs between and during unit teaching
That brings me to the heart of the course—the six observed teacher lessons. This was the heart of the course in my opinion. It started the second week of training so I had near instant classroom experience. In the end, you had the knowledge and the skill of what teaching EFL was all about. I would never have been able to get in front of a class without an experience like this.

Kevin is their Jobs Coach—the trainer for the resume writing and interview techniques portion of the course. This information and preparation were excellent as it is geared toward finding a teaching position in Thailand. He is a wealth of information about Thai job sources and the global EFL industry.

Win

Amazing!

This course absolutely opened my eyes to everything about teaching.

The Vantage trainers are highly experienced both as teachers and in career coaching and job sourcing. The TEFL course itself is really well-structured and highly organized. I've learned a lot about teaching methodologies, teaching techniques, and classroom management.

I enjoyed the course toughly even though it was a little intense to finish up the 120 hours of study and 6 hours of teaching practice in just one month. Vantage always kept its classes engaging and even, for the most part, fun.

I’ve gained a ton of self-confident from this course. During my 6 hours of teaching practices, I saw myself getting better with each teaching lesson. I got a lot of great observations from Vantage’s trainers and advice on enhancing my teaching to the students.

I made some friends for life in this class. More importantly, I’m ready to teach in any classroom any time. If you want to become a professional teacher, I believe Vantage is your best TEFL option.

Tran

A Most Useful Course

This is one of the most intersting and useful courses I’ve ever taken. The course book was very well structured and helps trainees approach new skills for teaching later. The materials also brought clear insights of how to prepare lesson plan as well as to manage class professionally.

My observed practice teaching sessions was where my knowledge was turned into skill. It started with a first day so full of anxiety and thinking I could never do this to my last session where I felt supremely confident. That was also a sad day in that my practicum was over and I wouldn’t be with my students anymore.

Vantage really stand out in their quality of their trainers. They are incredible in terms of knowledge, and teaching experience. He guided trainees with his heart and never said no when trainees asked for help. You couldn’t ask for anything more.

I will strongly recommend this course to my friends. I strongly believe that they will benefit from all the knowledge I gained during the course.

No suggestions. It was great.
Romela

TEFL Trainer Apprenticeship

This review may be a little different. I was already TEFL certified and I’m an experienced teacher. My goal was to observe a top-notch TEFL training program in action so I could become a full-time TEFL trainer in a center in the Philippines.

I chose Vantage as it was recommended by TEFL international who certify some 30+ training centers around the world. Moreover, it’s the top-rated program in Thailand according to some of the major review sites like this one.

One of the first differences I noticed at Vantage was their workshop style of presentation—instead of the lecture approach I had when I did my TEFL. This promoted a lot of discussion with the students and it allowed the lead trainer to share his over two decades of experience on a topic basis. We ended up learning a lot more than just what was in the course book.

Vantage’s curriculum emphasizes the ESA teaching methodology (engage, study and activate), which is an evolutionary development out of the older PPP (presentation, practice, and production) technique. In the ESA methodology, the teacher tries to motivate the students and arouse their interest. Language is studied and practiced and then used freely without correcting comments. A key benefit is that students learn how to communicate successfully without fear of mistakes.
In the ESA method, there is more emphasis on student-led language discovery, eliciting the grammar and vocabulary from students rather than giving a detailed (and often boring) teacher-led presentations.

In the PPP method that I was taught, there is a lengthy introduction to the given topic where the students are given a model how to do/say something and then practice it almost mechanically in written/spoken exercises. It’s effective, but not as engaging, and it’s arguably harder to motivate students to continue their language studies over the long term.

The trainers at Vantage are world class. This is truly a great program and I hope to incorporate a lot of what I’ve experienced into my TEFL classes.

No suggestions. It's really great the way it is.
Christerine

A Comprehensive Course & Support

I couldn’t be happier that I have completed my certification at Vantage.

The curriculum is comprehensive and well written. Vantage spice this with a lot of great practical ideas for the application of the teaching methodologies taught. And the special supplementary material that Vantage has created covers emerging new teaching technologies and assessment techniques that most TEFL coursed don’t cover.

But any course is only as good as its trainers. Here Vantage really stands out. The course was brilliantly delivered. Trainer Chris delivered dry content in a highly engaging way. I know this first hand as I am an experienced teacher who has done corporate training for 20 years. I learned new teaching techniques from this courses. I also gained as a native English speaker through Vantage’s logical presentation of English semantics.

Of equal value is that they also have a specialized Jobs Coach. This added part of the course focused on resume writing and interviewing techniques classes. These are highly unappreciated tools for launching a career as a professional teacher.

They also have what they call their ‘definitive lists’ for a lot of different types of employers from private and public schools, to private language academies, to universities, to demonstration schools…even online teaching and they even have an agreement with a major Chinese institute for those who want teach there.

I’m so satisfied with Vantage TEFL that I’m signing up my daughter for an upcoming course for the sole purpose of improving her English language skills.

Hade

A Film Maker becomes a Teacher

My first choice was to do a TEFL course in Thailand’s Eastern seaboard area where I live. However. TEFL accreditation was a key issue for me, and as none of the Pattaya-based schools had global affiliations, I chose Vantage as it’s accredited by two universities.

I taught before where I tutored students one-on-one without much, so I realized I needed to learn how to teach successfully in a classroom.

The course itself was very informative. The trainers made the grammar easy to understand and it was taught very logically. The lead trainer was very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all our questions. I learned a lot about learning methodology and teaching techniques.

In addition to the course curriculum, I also found the additional supplements developed by Vantage very and important, especially the lessons about resume writing and job interviews. After the course was over, I sat down with their Jobs Coach to create my resume and cover letters.

It was in the practicum (observed teaching practices) where my new knowledge was fused into teaching skills. At Vantage, I first learned how to formulate a lesson plan and to source the needed materials for my class. Then, after each practice session, I got great feedback from the trainers, which helped me to develop my teaching skills quickly. I would highly recommend this TEFL course to anyone who really wants to be a good teacher.

Ekow

Great Little Institute

I was skeptical about going to Vantage. For one thing it seemed so far away from downtown Bangkok, which was were I wanted to be. For another it seemed to have too many good reviews on sites like this and this made me a little uneasy because I thought this was fake. I scoured the reviews looking for similarities or fake looking names to no avail.
My first option was full though and other institutes took a while to get back to me, so on a whim I decided to study at Vantage... lucky me. This place deserves the glowing reviews. Instructors are not only very knowledgeable, they are walking models of what it means to be a great teacher. Sure it wasn't all breezy, there some parts of the course that were essential but boring . But instructors worked hard to keep us engaged even when we encountered such material. Overall a solid TEFL course. Keep it up Vantage!

Asia

With a Little Help from my Friends

Vantage’s TEFL course is very well structured. I first learned teaching techniques and methodologies, which I found extremely important and helpful. I would soon discover that they were more than important when I first went into a real classroom.

The qualifications and personality of the trainers are really excellent and it shows throughout the course. I thought much of the curriculum would be boring and even though it was a lot of work, I was so engaged that I really enjoyed every minute.

For me, I really learned how to teach during my practice sessions. Importantly, the feedback I got from my trainers helped me improve over each of my seven teaching sessions. The teaching environment was superb as these Thai students were so polite and attentive. They are a joy to teach.

There are some additional things Vantage did which I found very important, too. First of all, there was a high level of patience from the trainers who answered a number of my emails, solving all my concerns before I took the course. They were willing to help me with accommodation on my strict budget—giving me different options. They helped me arrange bus and train connections which would work best for me. They even let my 5 years old daughter come with me to the school for the first week, as her sports camp started a week later than TEFL course.

Vantage provided an excellent primer about Thai culture as well as basic Thai language expressions. I also sat with their Jobs Coach and created my own individual resume, cover letter and I got a lot of support as far as finding a teaching job. I would highly recommend Vantage TEFL to anyone who wishes to become a professional English teacher.

John

A Veteran Teacher Learns How to Teach

Having been a computer science teacher for the past three years in Thai schools, this course made me realize how I previously taught was not very effective.

I did an extensive online research of TEFL schools in Bangkok, I then made some follow-up phone calls and shortlisted a few programs to actually visit. Vantage always quickly responded—and in detail—to all my questions. They seem to be the most professional and their alumni reviews seem to bear that out.

The ESA (engage-study-activate) method I learned at Vantage really showed me how to first formulate a lesson plan and then efficiently deliver into a live classroom.

The Lead trainer, Chris, is a “teacher extraordinaire.” He is funny, considerate, engaging while being thorough and serious. He motivated us through each stage of our training. He made the curriculum easy to understand…probably because he teaches from over two decades of classroom experience.

Vantage was also unique in their observed practice teaching sessions. We taught real nursing students at one of Thailand’s most prestigious medical colleges. It gave us an excellent opportunity to put into practice all the teaching theories we learned.

My Vantage TEFL training has been one of those best things that have happened to me in Thailand. For future professional teachers, I would recommend this program without hesitation.

Marisa

A Common Misconception

It's a common misconception to assume that anyone who can speak English has the skills to teach the language. I knew, for example, that even though I’ve eaten all my life, I couldn’t just walk into the kitchen and become a great chef.

I needed professional training to develop my own foundational skill set in language teaching. And to do that, I required a TEFL course that would not only enable me to revisit grammar but also introduce new pedagogics.

After making numerous phone calls and meeting with different training schools, I was sure that Vantage was the right program for me. Vantage’s lead trainer alone has more than 20 years of experience in education. They knew how to motivate and inspire their TEFL students by empowering them with the tools needed to become great teachers. Any question or problems I had, these guys were patient and always there to help.

We were taught how to create effective lesson plans, which were then put into practice with non-English speaking students in a real classroom at a local University. There are very few courses that give their students such live training to prepare them for real-world classrooms.

This course has far exceeded my expectations. It applauded me where I was strong and it developed me in areas that needed attention by challenging me to try different things. In the end, I felt I became the whole teacher I needed to be.

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is serious about embarking on a teaching career.

About Vantage Siam (Vantage TEFL Certification)

Two University Accreditations—Internationally Recognized—Masters Level Credits.

They’re Thailand’s highest-rated TEFL program and they offer a 120-hour, In-Class TEFL course, with 6 hours of observed teaching practices.

Vantage TEFL Certification...