Vantage 120-Hour TEFL/TESOL Certification

Directing a Student Activity
Directing a Student Activity
The Engage Phase
The Engage Phase

American Accreditation—internationally recognized—3 credits from Lamar University in Texas, USA.

Established in 2007, and Thailand’s highest-rated TEFL program, Vantage TEFL Certification is a 4 week, 120-hour, In-class course with 6 hours of observed teaching practice in Bangkok.

Vantage provides expert lifetime job support. They’ll craft your own Power Resume and coach you on interviewing techniques and formulating a personal job search strategy.

Vantage is unique in that it has two Asian footprints. They have agreements with Thailand’s leading recruiting agencies who place 500+ teachers annually in addition to their network of Thai academies, universities, and corporate clients.

Their TEFL Silk Road program—US$500 off your TEFL tuition—comes with a guaranteed job in China at 90+ academies in 18 cities.

They also offer a 120-hour Hybrid Combined Course, blending online curriculum study with live observed practice teaching in real classrooms.

• Vantage was awarded #1 worldwide as the "Top TEFL Course" in the 2018 Community Choice Awards.
  • Vantage’s Hybrid Combined Course—a blend of online study + observed teaching practice in real classrooms—was named #1 in “The 9 Best Online TEFL Courses.”
  • Vantage has partnerships with leading English education providers that place hundreds of foreign teachers to Thai schools every year.
  • The TEFL Silk Road—Teacher training with a guaranteed job in China at one of their partner’s 91+ academies in 17 cities (with a $500 TEFL tuition discount)
  • Provide expert job support. They’ll craft your own Power Resume that makes an impact in the six seconds. They’ll coach you on interviewing techniques and job searching strategies.

• Instruction 10
  • Academic Rigor 9.3
  • Job Assistance 10
Penda

Grooming tomorrow's teachers today

I'm so thankful in my choice of Vantage TEFL Center as it was among the best decision I've ever made.
The Vintage team was instrumental in the successful completion of my TEFL certification and they have put such a great time and effort into preparing us for teaching career ahead.
I have gained tremendous personal growth while studying at Vantage.
Vantage is the highest-ranked TEFL program in the language industry which is dedicated to empowering ,motivating and grooming tomorrow's teachers today.
Vantage taught us how to formulate an effective lesson plan ,which we then taught in six observed practice teaching classes in a real Thai School . The course also include peer teaching and a Thai foreign language experience so we could know what it feel to learn a new language and to be in the same shoes as our students .
The Course Instructor is absolutely amazing .
He has many years of teaching experience and is an expert in an outstanding teaching methodology .He kept me motivated when I was nervous with my teaching lessons .
The Course Drector is ever so helpful as he always provide assistance to students with accommodation, creating power resume cover letters , and job support and coaching us on interview techniques.
I highly recommend Vantage TEFL Center as they are committed to excellence .
They are highly experienced professions and a great place to be if you want to be part of a community of great teachers that they have produced.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Giving lesson to real students,i overcome it with laughter and just have fun while teaching.
Gav

Extremely Pleased

I researched a lot of other TEFL course online and I also talked with English language teachers and they all had very positive feedback about Vantage. Vantage’s reputation is well-founded. Their course was excellent and we were taught by extremely knowledgeable and talented staff.

I took the In-Class course which combined the teaching theory with actual practical teaching. We taught six practice lessons at a college and also a primary and secondary school. I got great feedback after each session as well as a new challenge to incorporate in my next class
This practice training was excellent and the feedback and guidance we got from the staff at Vantage were first-rate. This is where I really developed my teaching skills. I’m now ready to teach anywhere to pretty much anyone.

The Vantage team is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and experts in their profession. The programme was intense but enjoyable and everyone was helpful. They even assisted with my resume and job support documentation and then tapped me into their extensive education network for teaching positions. I secured a full-time position before I had completed the course!

I would highly recommend Vantage to anyone interested in a teaching career at Thailand’s best schools.

Mood

Decades of Experience

The Vantage training team have a wealth of experience in education. Their lead trainer has been in the profession since the mid-90s and their small class sizes means that I and my classmates got a lot of extra personal attention through every part of their course.

I also really benefited from their workshop style of presentation which allows learners to absorb a great deal of the curriculum without feeling any undue stress or information overload. Indeed, as the daily classes were so engaging, time just flew by.

Vantage gave me the courage to stand in front of a class. I learned how to craft a professional lesson plan—which I used with new teaching techniques to deliver successful—and fun—practice English classes. What really jumpstarted my teaching skills was the detailed feedback after every practice session—and the challenge I was given for the next class.

Vantage also has a lot of connections on the job front. They have their own specialized Jobs coach. He sat with me to create a power resume and a highly effective cover letter and other job support documentation. I was coached on interviewing techniques and how to formulate a personalized job search strategy. Since I’m a proficient non-native speaker, I was coached on how to deal with the non-native English speaker objections.

All I can say is, it was great fun. I had a fantastic time with my fellow trainees—my new friends—and I’m ready to use my new teaching skills. If you want to become a professional teacher, the Vantage trainers are the people to talk to.

Pin

Honing My Teaching Skills

I’m an experience teaching as I’ve taught over seven years in Thai schools. What I needed was a TEFL course where I could further develop my skills to become a more effective teacher.

Vantage proved to be just the ticket!

It was an intensive course, but I improved a lot in terms of formulating successful lesson plans and creating subsequent class materials. I also was introduced to the communicative approach to language teaching—the ESA methodology in particular—and how to engage students to keep them fully motivated and buy into my class.

Actually it’s not too surprising that Vantage was right for what I needed. Their trainers were very knowledgeable and have decades of experience in teaching and the education sector. These guys always went the extra mile to help me and my classmates during our course.

I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to teach in Thailand or around the world.

Z.

An Outstanding TEFL Center

My rigorous research for the right TEFL center in Bangkok took me to several actual visits to various course providers. In the end, only one school stood out. When I came to Vantage, I immediately knew I was in a professional training center.

The Course Director met me personally and I peppered him with questions and my many concerns. It was then I knew I had found the right place. Vantage’s facilities are very modern and clean and the main training room had a wall of windows looking out to Bangkok’s iconic Elephant building.

The lead trainer, Chris, has been teaching English in Thailand for well over twenty years. He has over two decades of teaching and materials development experience. That and his great sense of humor that made all his class engaging—even the grammar lessons.

Vantage also has a dedicated trainer for the foreign language experience as well as the own Jobs Coach. He got me my first job offer about halfway through the course. I learned that many Thai agencies and schools specifically come and ask for Vantage’s TEFL graduates—something that puts them in a league of their own as compared with other TEFL certification courses.

In our practice teaching sessions, I got to teach a wide variety of students. I taught primary, secondary and even college students. The bottom line is that I ready to teach anyone, anywhere.

I highly recommend the highly-rated Vantage TEFL certification course. If like me, you’re looking for a career in education, these are the people you should be talking to.

D

I did my Research

I spent a lot of time looking at various TEFL programs. Yes, there is a lot of choices out there, but in going through independent review websites, I got a really good idea of what they were all about. Too many TEFL course reviews were just about the friends they made and the good time they had. The reviews about Vantage really stood out in that they detailed the TEFL program specifically. I figured that alums who took the time to write a thorough review must be highly satisfied with the teacher training they got.

Vantage’s course was comprehensive, more so than I initially thought. During my ‘course month,’ I was always kept busy. What made this all fun was that the material was always engaging, and the trainer was quite humorous. The time just flew by.

For me, the teaching practices really made me into a teacher and gave me the skills to teach and importantly, the confidence I needed to step in front of a class. We practiced teaching to real non-English speaking (Thai) students. After each class, I had to do a self-reflection of my own performance and then I got my observed feedback from Vantage’s trainers which was crucial in my getting better with each practice session.

We first learned how to create effective lesson plans, source teaching materials, and then how to incorporate them into a successful class. I have a BS degree in education, but the communicative approach to language teaching that I learned at Vantage was all new to me.

Vantage has their own Jobs Coach and he’ll show you how to build a Power Resume, craft cover letters and train you on interviewing techniques. As I’m a non-native speaker, I was coached on how to position that as an advantage—in ways I never considered before.
If you’re like me and looking for a career in teaching, Vantage should be your first port of call!

Elizabeth

The Unequivocal Choice

My TEFL experience at Vantage was an intensive course that incorporated both teaching theory and practical lessons. The observed practice teaching was really important in giving me the key teaching skills I need. I now have the confidence to step into any classroom because I have the skills to know what I’m doing in front of my class.

Vantage trainers are diligent, understanding and extremely knowledgeable. They were able to handle any of the questions from my class. I feel that I achieved a high level of personal and professional accomplishment from completing their course

Everyone in the Vantage team really goes the extra mile to ensure you have a successful start in your teaching career. I was given a ton of teaching resources—both inside and outside of the classroom

Overall, I am extremely pleased with Vantage. Their training has provided me with the foundational skillset and the confidence to teach anywhere in the world.

This was a great investment—in myself! I would recommend Vantage as my unequivocal choice for those looking to gain a high-quality TEFL training experience and a professional certification.

Michael

If you are serious about teaching, Vantage is the TEFL training program you need.

I’m very happy that I chose Vantage to complete my TEFL Certification. Their team is dedicated to providing a thorough and effective program so that every student leaves with the skills and confidence they need to teach well and succeed. We learned best practices, how to write and deliver effective lessons that have students using the language and we even gained a much clearer understanding of the rules of English grammar.

The program is not easy and includes 6 hours of teaching practice in real schools; but teaching is not an easy profession. If you are serious about teaching, ignore the beach fantasies and enroll at Vantage. You will gain the knowledge and confidence you need to get started. They even lined up my first job in a good school (there are lots of bad ones) before I was even finished.

Jack

Discovering a New Path

My journey to Thailand was to look for a new experience in life and it was here that I first explored the idea of being an English teacher as a way to live overseas.

So then the question became where to get the proper training. My research let me to Vantage after I discovered was the highest-rated TELF course in Thailand. I went to their training center and spoke to Kevin who explained the course and told me how they place all their graduate in good teaching positions. The other TEFL providers I went to didn’t have much advice on jobs or know how many of their students were working after they graduated.

The course teacher Chris is very experienced, so he’s able to answer every question you have on teaching in Thailand. And teaching English as a foreign language. I quickly learned that language teaching is not at all the same as teaching something like science or history.

We also had a ‘foreign language experience’ with great insight on what to expect in Thai classrooms along with useful phrases to know in Thai. For me, this was very helpful in knowing what you can and can’t do in a Thai classroom compared to say a British classroom.

It’s the practice teaching where I really learn how to teach. My first teaching practicum was in a government school and I was terrified. I didn’t go all that well. But with the observed feedback I got from the trainers, I managed to go into the school next time with confidence, so much so that by the final time teaching there I was sad to be not returning.

We also taught adults at a nurse college. In the end, I taught young primary kids, to teenagers to adults, which was great. Every session was observed and got great feedback after each class. I can now claim after all my practice sessions, that I’m confident and ready to teach anywhere.

Greg

Really Professional Course

I think that the course was really professional and extremely helpful for getting my new teaching career off the ground. The trainers are very knowledgeable, helpful and they provided a lot of extra information. They gave us a supplementary book which had a lot of useful information on Thai culture and customs and the best practice of teaching techniques.

Vantage’s lead teacher delivers the course material in a professional well structured, easily digestible way—and with a lot of humor which always keep us engaged.

The practicum was perhaps the biggest help in developing my teaching skills. It was a huge opportunity to have 10 hours of observed teaching, where we could try ourselves out in two very different environments at a Thai medical college and with younger kids in a government school.

I recommend Vantage without hesitation. I have enjoyed every minute and every part of this course. Vantage’s training center is well equipped and offers everything you need to become TEFL certified.

Chris

A Comprehensive Program

Vantage was a comprehensive course with great support.

Their TEFL curriculum is comprehensive and easy to digest. The additional supplementary material that Vantage created included emerging teaching techniques and assessment methods.

Any course is really only as good as its trainers. This is where Vantage really stands out. Vantage uses a workshop style to teach which creates a lot of discussions and keeps enthusiasm at a high level.

To me, the observed practice teaching was the heart and soul of the class. This is where my new knowledge was transformed into teaching skills. After each practice session, I got excellent feedback from the trainers, which jumpstarted the development of my teaching skills quickly and efficiently.

Vantage particularly excelled in job placement. Their dedicated Jobs Coach worked on developing my own Power Resume and interviewing techniques. He worked with me even before I left American and then networked me into their partner consultants. I secured a great job before I even graduated.

The bottom line is that I now feel highly confident that I can teach successfully. Without hesitation, I would recommend Vantage TEFL to anyone considering a teaching career. These are the guys you want to be talking to if you want to start a career in teaching.

Pel

Best Possible Start

Vantage was a great experience and the trainers the made the whole journey very enjoyable and fun. They delivered on everything they promised—and more.

The job services were fantastic! Through one of their consultants, I even found a contract teaching position before the course was completed. I graduated on a Friday and starting work the following Monday—with some serious celebrations during that weekend.

More importantly. I learned the skills to become a successful teacher—and that included a lot of valuable teaching techniques. Not only did I have to teach six practices classes, but I had to observed and give feedback on even more. We gave lessons in both a government school between the ages of 6 and 13 and also at a nursing college. Students and staff, there were between the ages of 20 and 50.
The lead trainer’s knowledge of the English language is exceptional and his teaching techniques are inviting as he challenges the students in a positive manner.

I ended up learning a lot about my native language and even about myself. The lessons I gave built a lot of confidence and prepared me well for my new teaching position.

Looking back I am glad I choose Vantage TEFL Certification. They gave me the best possible start to becoming a teacher. They also delivered on everything they promised.
Thank you Vantage for the excellent service provided.

Read my full story
Alex

Offering Everything it Promised

This course beat my expectation. Yes, I had to handle a lot of new content, but it was kept manageable within four weeks. The other students here came from all ages and many walks of life, making this experience a memorable one. The Vantage team was filled with great personalities, especially the lead trainer Chris whose personality makes the course an enjoyable experience.

The practice teaching experience was the heart of this course. We taught at both government school which gave us outstanding insight into how to manage a classroom full of children and later at a nurse’s college where we how to deal with teaching adults
The feedback we received after each teaching practice session to the key to the development of my teaching skills. I was able to learn from my mistakes and then incorporate the ‘best practice’ in the next lesson. I particularly found learning how to create effective lesson plans to be useful because it helped me formulate better teaching strategies for students in my future classes.

The job assistance here has been helpful. Specifically, the jobs coach Kevin offered great job opportunities with reputable institutions that offer great benefits. Furthermore, , his assistance in resume crafting and interview guidance was a helpful addition to the course that made me better prepared for contacting and communicating with potential employers.

Vantage’s TEFL course offers everything it says it would—and much more beyond your expectations.

Dea

Completely Confident

Vantage’s course is workshop based which I loved because it meant a smaller sized and more intimate group, where we could really engage with our fellow trainees as well as the lead trainer. Chris was very knowledgeable as he has over two decades of experience as a teacher, trainer and a materials developer. I think I learn much more this way than in a traditional lecturer approach typical of your average TEFL.

The practice teaching was great! We first learned how to make lesson plans step-by-step. Then we taught the students the lessons we created and received great feedback from Vantage’s trainers after each lesson. This really jumpstarted my teaching skill development as it helped me improve on certain things I needed to work on and build upon my strengths.

By the end of the course, I gained the knowledge and confidence I needed as a new teacher. I’m confident I could teach English pretty much anywhere.

Vantage has their own Jobs Coach, and during the course, Kevin already put out my resume, so interview and had a job offer by the last week. A good salary and even medical and dental insurance were included in the package. This position has been a great experience since.

Vantage completely prepared me to step confidently into a classroom. Thanks guys!

G.

Super Confident

Today, I feel completely confident that I can start teaching English to anyone, anywhere. If you want to successfully stand in front of a classroom, you need to get your training at Vantage.

This was a really great course with a ton of personal support. The training team was there for me every step of the way.

The curriculum is exceptionally well written and I was glad to learn it has been validated by an accredited American university. The lead trainer has two decades+ of experience and he teaches with a lot of discussion in more of a workshop style. The materials were colorfully delivered and any formal content like grammar is covered in a very engaging way, which kept my enthusiasm at a high level. The time just flew by.

Having said that, for me the practicum was the heart and soul of the course. It was my observed teaching sessions where my new knowledge was morphed into teaching skills. After each of my practice sessions, I got great feedback from the trainers. That really helped me to improve my teaching skills after each class I taught, so by the end, I was really sure of myself in the classroom.

I recommend Vantage’s TEFL course without hesitation to anyone who wants to be a professional teacher.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Vantage Siam (Vantage TEFL Certification)

American Accreditation—Internationally Recognized—3 college credits from Lamar University, Texas, USA. Vantage was #1 worldwide as the “Top TEFL Course” in the 2018 Community Choice Awards. They're Thailand’s highest-rated TEFL program offering 120...