Vantage TEFL Certification

Vantage TEFL Certification

Free Online TEFL Specialist Courses
Subscribe to either our 120-hour In-Class Course or our 120-hour Combined course and you can choose either the:

50-hour Certification in Teaching Business English (CTBE) or the
50-hour Certification in Teaching English to Young Learners (CTEYL) program.

Yours free...a $290 value. The choice is yours!

Vantage TEFL Certification is a 4 week, 120-hour, American accredited, In-class course with 6 hours of observed teaching practice in Bangkok, Thailand. Graduates earn three college credits. Every Vantage TEFL course is independently moderated by TEFL experts.

Vantage's TEFL curriculum has been accorded further recognition. Completion of their course can waive 25% of a Masters in Education.

Vantage was established in 2007 and is also an authorized Cambridge English Exam Centre. This course also includes assessment methodologies as we believe that testing is an essential skill of successful teaching.

Vantage is participating in the 2017 English Research Project which will examine teacher training and curriculum development for all of Thailand's secondary schools.

Vantage also creates its own digital content in eLearning/mLearning platforms and they'll introduce emerging teaching technologies to their TEFL trainees as they will increasingly be employed in tomorrow's classroom.

• Authorized Cambridge English Test Centre. We have experience in delivering world-class exams to Thai schools, universities as well as executive testing for our corporate clients.
  • The TEFL Silk Road—Teacher Training with a Guaranteed Job (with a rebate of US$750)
  • Corporate Training Provider: Vantage is a Bangkok leader in business English and management services training.
  • Creation of eLearning Materials: We create our own interactive exercises that complement our “blended learning” course.
  • Developer of Customized Courses:Vantage creates tailor-made courses that address the particular training objectives of our client institutions.
Asia » Thailand » Bangkok
Some Activities
Wifi
Application Fee
Deposit
No one pays full price at Vantage. We have Early Bird and Pay-in-Full special deals. And through our TEFL Silk Road program, you can earn a rebate of US$750 dollars--half of your TEFL tuition.

• Instruction
  • Difficulty
  • Job Assistance

Tom
San Jose State University

Building a Better Teacher

I was very skeptical about the value for such a certification, given my background which included a degree in child development and about 10 years teaching experience—mostly in the USA.

After doing my research, I choose Vantage because it had American university accreditation, which meant that I could use this certification anywhere in the world—particularly important criteria for me, as I plan to teach in other countries as well.

Given my somewhat bleak view, I did not expect much from the class. What was surprising was the challenge Vantage would put me through. This course was no piece of cake. In fact, it was quite challenging and quite rewarding—completely opposite from the perspective I had going into it.

The instructor was excellent. He was well-versed in what he was teaching and his insight and ideas that were a great guide to developing better techniques for good teaching. I particularly enjoyed his humor which would regularly come to keep you alert! He was always available for questions or help.

Our observed teacher practices at the nursing college were an excellent part of the course. Here we tried our craft at working with actual Thai language students. The instructor was there to observe, offering excellent feedback. His was particularly adept at giving input, knowing how to word constructive criticisms in a way so as to inspire and not offend. He also always left us with a challenge for our net teaching practice.

The course also did a great job guiding us into making good lesson plans…how to carry them out… critiquing how we did according to what our lesson plan was. We spent a lot of time was spent focusing on these lesson plans. I am very glad I took this course because I was particularly bad at lesson planning and learned quite a bit from this!

After I completed the course, the Jobs Coach worked with me one-on-one. We crafted my own Power Resume and Cover Letter that was targeted to the educational market segment I was focusing on. I was quite impressed by this resume and his advice on how to make resumes that employers like and will get your foot-in-the-door.

Last, but not least, they offer an abundance of resources on their website to places that you can get materials (workbooks, textbooks, teaching aids, etc), job placement websites, school organizations, etc. I found this particularly helpful to just about any teacher new or old.

Overall, I would highly recommend this TESOL certification school. The employees are friendly, well knowledgeable, and the material is presented well. You will certainly get your money’s worth. If there were any point of criticism I would have, I would have liked there to be more resources readily available for teachers who plan on teaching younger children. Vantage receives my top marks. Thanks, Vantage, for helping me become a better teacher—thanks for challenging me and pushing me to be my best!

I would like to see more content particularly related to the education of children. Having said that, this is not specific to Vantage, but rather to any TEFL/TESOL course.

Marina

Worried at the Start…

Before selecting my TEFL course, I spent a lot of time researching on English teachers’ course programs trying to find the best fit for me. Vantage had one of the more serious websites and that was a key attraction. And I also got immediate replies to all my questions—and there were a lot of them.

As a Russian native speaker, I had my doubts about passing this class as I was worried my English was not good enough. I was also concerned I’d be the youngest student in the class. But Vantage’s trainers were superb and they helped by page by page and every practice session.

And, to tell the truth, I didn’t expect the course would be as hard as it was. Vantage TEFL course is intensive, so you most likely be a little exhausted during the class, but in a creative and good way. You’ll learn a lot of very important teaching techniques and methodologies like planning lessons, managing classes, eliciting target language and teaching aids. Vantage’s trainers guided me at every stage. I really saw myself growing as a teacher.

I would like to thank Chris, for being such an extraordinary teacher and mentor. Thank you for your patience and feedback you gave us. Also, the “Power Resume” and job interview techniques sessions were taught by Kevin who is passionate about what he does. His lessons were very helpful as I had never studied anything like this before.

So, thank you, Vantage TEFL Thailand course, for helping me to become super confident and to find advantages of being a young teacher and a non-native speaker.

Trixie

An Unforgettable Experience

The Vantage TEFL Certification course was an experience I will never forget. I wanted to explore Thailand because of their lovely people and the exotic culture.TEFL was something I had heard about through friends so I saw this as an fantastic opportunity.

However, coming to a foreign land with so many people from my small and cozy New Zealand plus the additional burden of an intensive 4 week course seemed incredibly daunting.
Kevin immediately put me to ease. He was incredibly helpful in the weeks leading into the course. Keeping up with what was happening and providing useful information regarding visas, accommodation, transport and what to expect with the course and Bangkok.

On the first day we met our trainer, mixed with our peers and the dove straight into it. I was the youngest in the class and I was worried about this, but we were all treated as equal and we were all in the same situation—training to be an English teacher and discovering what this means and involves.

It wasn’t easy—work needed to be done but they provided more than enough resources and support for the tasks to be completed to the highest standard. Due to the small class sizes, it was very personal and any queries were answered instantly. The workload was manageable and all problems were addressed immediately. .

I truly loved teaching at the nursing college—a wonderful learning experience. Observations from the trainers and our peers all through the course helped us improve after every practice lesson. I particularly found the feedback to be a big part of what enabled me to succeed.

They encouraged me to reach my full potential and helped build my confidence. They well and truly go out of their way to give their students the very best preparation to teach English and become great teachers. I feel ready and able to teach English. Thank you Chris, Kevin, Ryan and the rest of the Vantage team.

No recommendations. It was fantastic.

Rachel

Sceptical at First…

I worked for a large diversified financial services and insurance company for the past decade, but in my heart I wanted to teach. I was a bit sceptical to resign from my good and secure job and move to Thailand to complete my TEFL course with Bangkok-based Vantage.
I emailed Kevin, the course director, with all my concerns regarding their institute and what they had to offer. He was very professional and explained that the course will be very intensive, but rewarding at the end. This was the place teachers were born, he assured me.

My first day on course I was relieved and they had an excellent Lead Trainer and the best fellow trainees that I could have ever asked for. We immediately materialised together has one solid group—learning from and about each other. The course was very well structured with teaching theories, methodologies and teaching approaches
Then we actually had to teach in front of real students. I had no teaching experience and I was not confident at all to stand in front of live class. My first teaching lesson was good, but because I was very nervous, not a great as I could have been. The feedback I got from Vantage really help me in the second—and all subsequent classes. I’m now super confident. I can now design a lesson plan, work sheets, flash cards, games and power-point presentation. Vantage’s course also covered how technology is becoming a big part of our teaching and I’m now able to use it accordingly for each lesson.

Vantage has launched my teaching career and developed me to be a professional English teacher. I’m truly grateful for the opportunity to have worked with amazing people and build lifelong relationships from this programme. I would recommend anyone who’s planning to come to Thailand to teach English to complete their TEFL Certification with Vantage’s programme. If you’re willing to work hard and dedicate yourself fully to the 4 weeks in class course you won’t regret investing your money and time to be competent and become a certified English teacher.

Randy

Lifting up all the Rocks

There are so TEFL courses to choose from in Thailand. I read all of the reviews. Some talked about “…the fun you could have at nearby beaches while taking our course." Other providers mentioned how you could see the nearby cultural sites around the city while you learn.

Too much tourism and too little detail on how they would enable any comprehensive learning. At the end of the day, I wanted to become a professional teacher. I figured the beaches would still be there to enjoy after a completed my training.

After my initial research phase, I decided to visit a short list different schools. For us, they had to be internationally recognized and accredited by a reputable educational Institution. I learned early that Thailand’s Ministry of Education doesn’t accredit or license any specific TELF program so programs that touted only this lost ranking points. Secondly, they had to have more than just a couple of hours of actual observed teaching practice. Thirdly, the trainers not only had to meet, but exceed stringent academic requirements for teaching ESL.

Finally, we found a TEFL course that met all of these expectation—and more. Vantage. The course training was highly professional and vigorous.

Our class size was relatively small so we received a high level of personal instruction all along the way. The main instructor, Chris, has an extensive background in teaching English and in developing teaching materials and even course curriculums. He is an accomplished language teacher focused on your learning to do what he does. He really goes out of his way to see how you’re developing into a professional teacher. In addition, he has a great sense of humor which makes the class engaging, interesting, and most of all—fun.

The other trainers were just as skilled and proficient. We learned how to format a "power resume" to help a prospective teacher stand out amongst other applicants and land your first job. Furthermore, we had a trainer that focused on some basic conversation of the Thai language as well as some of the important cultural norms.

Besides receiving a detailed education on lesson plans, grammar review, and classroom management, we feel that Vantage has provided us the necessary tools and a solid foundation to begin teaching ESL to others. We got a world-class teacher training program with an American accreditation at Vantage.

We certainly feel that we made the right choice.

It's a truly great program. There's even a very good Italian coffee shop nearby. No suggestions for improvement.

Sev

The Best Program for Me

I had researched several other TEFL courses before choosing Vantage. No one else stood out the way Vantage did. I was less interested in riding an elephant or lying on a beach and very focused on putting all my attention on learning how to teach properly.

Vantage was exactly what I was looking for. An intensive course that pushes you out of your comfort zone and draws out the very best of you. If you are looking for the easy route, take a relaxing and non-taxing TEFL course, having a tropical holiday for a month and get your piece of paper at the end of it, this is not your place. On the other hand, if you’re serious about actually wanting to learn how to teach properly and you are prepared to do the work then Vantage is the way to go. Vantage has exceeded my expectations in every way.

Before the course, I had a long list of personal concerns that I seriously thought would hold me back—some of which I thought were insurmountable. I thought I was too young, I thought I wasn't boisterous enough, wasn't qualified enough, the list goes on. Yet Vantage dealt with every one of my concerns in ways that I would have never thought of.

Vantage seemingly never takes a black or white approach to anything. They are able to view a circumstance from a different perspective—a different "vantage" point—allowing them to transform the disadvantage into an advantage. Whatever "concern" you are allowing to hold you back, it may not actually be as justified as you believed it to be.

The Vantage class sizes are small so the personal attention you receive is abundant. What really blew me away was how determined the trainers were to go above and beyond, putting everything they had into the delivery of the course. To me, this shows that the Vantage trainers are motivated by their desire to do the best job they are capable of rather than the financial compensation they receive for doing so.

I would recommend Vantage, but only to those who are serious about developing their ability to teach.

It far exceeded my expectations, so I don't have any suggestions

Jansi
Thai

A World Class Training Team

I took the course earlier this year and wanted to wait to teach a few months before I penned my review. I can now state that I found the course absolutely fantastic and truly worthwhile. Everything I learned has helped me tenfold in the classroom.

I’m extremely proud to say that I was trained by the best. The Vantage team is not just world class trainers, but mentors for life.

Chris, who has more than 20 years of experience in teaching is absolutely one of a kind. His immense knowledge, understanding, patience and exceptional method of training are what makes the course so invaluable and wonderful.

Kevin is the best job coach that you could ever find and his Power Resumes made me stand out in a crowded field of job applicants. He also produced a video of me addressing the advantages of being a non-native speaker. That alone got me through doors that a traditional paper approach would find slammed shut.

No recommendations. It was truly fantastic

Joe
University of California- Irvine

An Experience Teacher Takes TEFL

There are many strengths to Vantage’s TEFL certification program: the professionalism and the knowledge of the instructors, the genuine interest they take in the development of the competency and abilities of their trainees, and their TEFL curriculum which had the right amount and sequencing of the course materials they covered.

I’ve taught for 15 + years at home and abroad, and a TEFL certification was something I wanted to add to my repertoire—not just for the qualification, but also to get up-to-speed on how digital technologies and new teaching methodologies are impacting second language acquisition.
This course far exceeded my expectations.
Another meaningful aspect of this program was class size. Some of the TEFL programs I researched had 16 or even 20 students in a course. Large classes always involve much more management and less actual classroom instruction. Vantage struck the appropriate balance between the two—particular as it helped us bond as a group.

The same balance was achieved between in-class study and the practicum (the observed teaching practices), which we did at a Thai college with Thai undergraduate students.

I would recommend Vantage’s program without reservation to any prospective teacher or even an experienced teacher who want to update outdated skills.

Nicola
China

A Non-Native Speaker Learns to Teach

I was a little concerned about teaching English as I’m not a native English speaker and the idea that this could be a problem followed me all along the first week of my training.

The school environment was really nice and the training team was highly professional.
I always felt comfortable during all the lessons, also the professionalism of my TEFL trainer was the key that turned my initial reluctance about teaching English into a blooming self-confidence. For me, this was the key to completing this course successfully.

Throughout the lessons and with the aid of all the course materials in Vantage’s curriculum, I had the chance not just to study and learn but to improve my teaching skills through planned practice and expert feedback. We had 6 hours of observed teaching in an accredited college—real non-English speaking students—that made a huge difference in knowing what to do and what to avoid. For me, this real live classroom experience was the key ingredient in learning how to teach.

This program reinforced my self-confidence and gave me all the requisite tools to overcome my weakness in becoming a good teacher. I felt proud to be able to teach English as a very useful life skill to a non-native speaker.

I can definitely say that my experience in this school gave me all the necessary skills I was looking for to be a teacher. I would recommend Vantage without hesitation to anyone looking for a career in teaching.

It's too good to change

Eric
University College Falmouth

The Reluctant Teacher

I started this course with strong reservations as I wasn’t good at speaking in front of people as I’m a pretty reserved and shy person. I was afraid these aspects of my character would cause me a lot of difficulty working in a classroom as a teacher.

Thank God my reservations were unfounded. Vantage’s course gave me all the skills I needed to confidently—and successfully—teach an English class. It showed me that language teaching is much more about motivating students to speak, and not just delivering a lecture or presentation. Chris taught me how to structure, plan, and execute lessons and how to keep the attention and interest of a class, and Kevin helped me navigate the job market and write what he called a “Power Resume.” As I was extremely busy doing lesson plans during the course, I came back the week after the course was finished to do my job-related stuff.

One thing that appealed to me from the beginning was the small class sizes at Vantage. Their website promised there would be no more than 8 trainees on my course. That turned out to be great as we all got a ton of individual attention. In addition to our feedback from the lead trainer Chris, we had to analyze each other’s teaching in a productive and meaningful way. Our class bonded really well and I think I made some friends for life!

I had some quite rewarding experiences during the practicum sessions or observed teaching practices. Without the 6 hours of observed teaching we were required to do, I don’t think I would feel half as confident as I do about becoming a teacher. It made me very nervous, and the first lesson or two were frankly quite discouraging, but by the sixth lesson I felt much very confident and knew exactly what to expect from the class and from myself. The feedback from Chris and from my classmates was invaluable—both encouraging and productive. I also had to observed—and give feedback on—the other trainees in my class, which so really helped in my development as a teacher.

Although the course was challenging, it was equally engaging, and rewarding. If you want to take this course, then be prepared to step outside of your comfort zone, and you will gain some very rewarding experiences. Facing a classroom was very hard at first, and there was a lot of work to stay on top of, but it’s all part of the intensive and immersive experience that Vantage provides.

No suggestions

Mckinzie
University of California- Davis

A Volunteer Goes Pro

I first tried teaching English to a class of 16 young students through a volunteer program in Cambodia. I was given no formal training and I was thrown in and basically just had to “wing it,” But I discovered I loved teaching and I knew that if I wanted to become a professional teacher that I would need formal training to do it to the best of my abilities.

I first tried an online only TEFL course which didn’t prepare me at all for facing a classroom. I then discovered Vantage’s TEFL program. From everything I researched, I believed this was the course I had been looking for; little did I know that it would be so much more!

On the first day of training, Kevin personally greeted me with a warm welcome and he took the time to get to know me as well as give me an orientation about Bangkok. I was extremely impressed by how friendly, professional, helpful and knowledgeable he was.

The course was taught by Chris who is an outstanding teacher who cares a tremendously about his students. It’s hard to find instructor such as him these days. The 4-week course is intensive between all the training, lesson planning, observed teaching practice, achievement exams, and portfolio you need to build. Chris guides you through the maze step-by-step and have fun throughout the process. He gave me plenty of constructive feedback after each of my observed teaching practices, I improve significantly with every new lesson I taught.

Kevin is also their “Jobs Coach. He assisted me in building a “Power Resume.” Believe me, it’s not misnamed. I had sent my old resume out to several companies before and didn’t get one single response. After sending out my new Power Resume, I was literally contacted by every single one, all of which were very eager to schedule interviews. Thank you, Kevin!

I could go on about so many other great things about Vantage’s TEFL training, but the bottom line is that if you are serious about a professional career as an English teacher, take your TEFL here. The Vantage team is outstanding and they’ll be there with you every step of the way. I can confidently say that choosing Vantage’s TEFL training in Bangkok was the best decision I could have made to prepare, motivate and excite me to begin my teaching career

It's already great!

Kirsten
Sonoma State University

Professional from Day One

Vantage’s website was one of my first impressions of this company. In doing my initial research on which program I wanted to do in Thailand, I found too many TEFL programs had a lot of information about the touristic interests in their area, but they were weak in detail on the actual TEFL course and teaching methodologies.

Going through Vantage’s website, I learned the key areas of study within my TEFL course and the teaching methodologies. They also had great information on the English Teaching Industry and what they saw as the future trends within the industry. I also liked the webpage on Careers within the English teaching industry and it was great to learn about potential career paths that led from teaching.

The actual course was even better. There was a great deal of information to cover, but the trainers were always there and always supportive. It was intensive, but at the same time, it was fun and interesting. The course book and supplementary materials were very comprehensive and I plan to keep mine as they will be a great reference during my teaching career.
Even if you’re not quite sure about being an English teacher this course is very worthwhile as the resume writing and interview techniques we covered were also highly professional.
If you are a non-native speaker, as I am, they give you a lot of tips on how to succeed in the classroom.

A super big thanks to Chris, Ryan, and Kevin—the Vantage training team—for such an incredible experience at Vantage. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone looking for TEFL training opportunity and I’ve already told some close friends who are thinking about possible teaching careers.

No recommendations for improvement...it was truely excellent

GE FENG
ZhuHai, China

A Chinese TEFL Experience

I was on a very tight budget and needed a basic place to stay for the duration of the course. For Vantage, this was not a problem. Their Thai sales director took me around their neighborhood and we found a quant place that’s was within what I wanted to spend.

The TEFL course itself was very comprehensive. We covered the pro and cons of all the different teaching methodologies and practiced the ESA approach—Engage, Study and Activate—in our teaching practices.

The lead trainer, Chris is great. Extremely knowledgeable and highly experienced, his feedback on my observed teaching practices really helped my development as a new teacher. I felt I got a little better each class I taught and I’m now confident I can successfully teach English.

Vantage’s job placement services were also excellent. I got one-to-one help in creating an individual “Power Resume” and cover letter. Through their alumni network of working teachers, I got a great job led.

The stars seemed to be aligned and everything is falling into place. I graduated on a Friday, had interviews the following week, got one job offer and I’ve been invited to do a demo class at a prestigious Thai school. Stay tuned!

Michael
Florida International University

A Combined Course Viewpoint

The first part my class was completed online back in the States, where I studied teaching theory and methodology. I then came out to Thailand to do my ‘practicum’— the six classes of observed teaching practices—in real classrooms with real Thai students.

The online part of my “Combined Class” allowed me to learn to my schedule. This part of the course is pretty extensive and covers a lot of theories on language teaching. The videos of experienced teachers was also done in this part of the class.

Having said that, studying online didn’t give me the real confidence I need to stand in front of a class and teach. I arrived in Bangkok still anxious about doing the real teaching. Vantage invited me to join the current In-Class course, not just for review the book material, but to participate in the peer teaching activities of the class. They use peer teaching as a first step before stepping into a live classroom. And this part isn’t just teaching, I also had to observe and take detailed notes on my co-trainees performance. I learn quite a bit from doing this.

The practicum itself was a fantastic experience. Thai students are great to teach as they are both very attentive and polite. The feedback I got from the Vantage trainers and insights from my co-trainees were invaluable in the development of me as a professional teacher.

Free coffee in the student lounge.

Amy

Four Full Weeks of Learning

For four full weeks, I learned new things every day. And although there was a lot to cover in a relatively short timeframe, I was being guided step by step.

After each lesson plan, I was given feedback and that really helped me prepare to stand in front of real students in a live classroom. We even did peer teaching as an initial step, which really helped overcome my stage fright in standing up before the students.

I got great feedback after each class I taught. I was then given a challenge for my next teaching session, which addressed areas that still weren’t (yet) really mastered. The instructors were excellent and always available for any help.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied. I feel I’m ready to teach now and that was hardly the case before I joined the course.

Chris was my course lecturer and he is just amazing. The way he taught each unit and gave feedbacks was very effective.

Ryan taught me some Thai language and culture. He is so genuine and also so good at teaching foreign language.

Kevin gave me guidance for job employment. He talked personally with me about my interests and gave me ideas about a creating my own Power Resume. We sat down and did that the week after the course finished.

I highly recommend this curse to anyone who is interested in teaching. Even if your goal is not to teach English, this course covers most everything about teaching and gives you the skills so that you will be able to teach any subject to anyone.

It's truly great.

Jay

Building my confidence

What I really lacked at the beginning of my course was confidence. I was very shy to stand up in front of a class and deliver what I thought was a speech. I soon learned that I delivered a language class and not a lecture and I didn’t have to be an extrovert because I was taught to put the focus on my students—not me.

For me, the teaching practices at the college were great and the feedback given by trainer Chris after every lesson was really valuable. I couldn’t wait for my next teaching session.
Vantage’s TEFL class is intense and a bit exhausting but it was always interesting and engaging. Most importantly, the end results were rewarding.

Thank you, Chris, Kevin, and Ryan for your patience, guidance, and help throughout the course.
I have already recommended this course to some of my close friends.

No suggestions, I was very happy with the way it was given.

Leon
University of California- Los Angeles

Personal Attention

I was initially torn between this program and other options that "guaranteed" jobs. In the end, I realized that what I needed was a course that would meet my individual needs.

After speaking to the Course Director for an afternoon I realized that Vantage would deliver a program that was much more personalized to my particular requirements.

We had eight in our class, which to me is about right. The other TEFL providers on my short list typically had class sizes about twice that, which may be ok for the lecture style learning, but not optimum for the training I was looking for.

I was dead right about getting individual attention.

The week after the course was over, I came in and spent a whole afternoon, crafting a killer resume with their help. It was a one-on-one private session that I probably couldn’t have gotten elsewhere.

Kevin really analyzed my background to help me best position myself by highlighting my skills and previous results and not just a laundry list of traditional duties that most resumes list.
My decision to choose Vantage proved itself over and over again.

The staff at TEFL goes above and beyond to give their students the best training experience. Having never taught overseas before I had no idea what to expect.

We did our teaching practicum to college students who were really fun to teach. I was taught lesson planning, classroom management and provided with a plethora of resources that make the transition into teaching seamlessly.

I feel 100% more confident having finished this course then when I first arrived.
Vantage is the course for anyone who is serious about teaching abroad.

It's pretty darn good...no comments here

Jae

Building a teaching foundation

First off, I want to advise that Vantage’s TEFL class is intensive. You’ll be covering new material each day and you will be challenged. Having said that, the trainers always keep in fun and engaging and the time really flew by. We learned a number of new things in each and every class.

I came away from this course confident that I could enter a classroom and successfully teach English.

A lot of that came from the observed teaching practices, where we taught on the direction of our trainers. We then got a lot of detailed feedback. We also got a new ‘challenge’ to incorporate into our next teaching practice. I felt I got a little better after each class I taught.

The bottom line is that I’ve now have a solid foundation. Give me a couple of months of actual teaching experience and I believe I can become an exceptional teacher who will make a difference in my student’s lives.

It's pretty darn good. No recommendations for improvement

Hamza
Thailand

A non-native speaker from a non-teaching background

I attended Vantage’s TEFL Certification course and I found the program a key ingredient in terms of my overall teaching development.

I came from a ‘non-teaching’ background as I had a degree in engineering and worked in that field upon graduation.

I was a champion debater and did a fair bit of training both in school and in my first few jobs. I really loved it the communication skills I had to use so I decided to become a full-time professional teacher was the career path for me.

I actually found my first English teaching job my last week of the course so I was still doing my observed teaching practices while I was getting paid to teach kids on the weekend.

The training – particularly what I got through Vantage’s observed teaching practices (what they call the ‘practicum’) was invaluable and I don’t think I could have “faced the kids” if I hadn’t already got the foundation skill set at Vantage. The practicum classes weren’t small – typically around 15 students or so. Some of my teacher friends told me their practicum classes were only 3 or 4 pupils. I think the bigger size help me in that’s what I faced in my first teaching jobs.

While the teaching of real students under observation was for me the most valuable part of course, the theory and grammar explanations were also highly valuable.

I also learned how to develop a killer resume that really sold my skills. Their interview coaching session was also highly valuable and I learned how to handle objections such as “we only hire native speakers.” Something must have worked as I got two good job offers with a couple of weeks of graduation – both which came with business visas and work permits.

Vantage’s course wasn’t easy. It’s intensive and I had a lot of materials to go through. On the other hand, it was all very useful and I was taught how to blend what I learned in my TEFL classes into a real live classroom.

It's pretty good. No comment

William
Bangkok, Thailand
University of Georgia

ITTT Vantage TEFL/TESOL Certification

The course was excellent and the Vantage instructors and staff were professional and friendly.

Chris, the main course instructor was knowledgeable in the grammar review, assisted in developing our classroom management skills, gave one to one help with lesson plans as well as offered helpful feedback for the teaching practicum. He has some real world insights and practical “what to expect” for teaching for Business English with corporate clients, private tutoring and teaching into Thai schools. Overall, Chris was very professional, helpful and dedicated to getting your best work out of you.

Kevin, the Managing Director presented some great overviews on Cambridge testing for language levels. He offered on the ground knowledge of the local area which was helpful to many in my class. Kevin also presented a few lectures on resume building with a transition into job interviewing success and the job search process. He was dedicated to helping the students move on from the course to finding a job.

Ryan the testing specialist at Vantage offered a few classes on Thai language and Thai culture workplace do’s and don’ts. Ryan was knowledgeable, friendly and always willing to help answer questions.

Overall the Vantage staff was professional, friendly and dedicated to the students’ success. I highly recommend the ITTT Bangkok TEFL / TESOL certification offered at Vantage. The instructors are professional / friendly, the course content was excellent (grammar review very helpful) and the teaching practicum at the Nurses' College gives you valuable classroom experience.

Two thumbs up to Chris, Kevin, Ryan, Peach and Dao and all the Vantage team. They made it all run smooth and fun for the fairly intensive 1 month program.

The course handbook and content was well presented and easy to read. I highly recommend the ITTT training /certification experience with Vantage.

I am an experienced art teacher from the USA and the Vantage staff knows how to help you build on your experience to bring out your best. They are very dedicated to your success in teaching English abroad.

At this time I see no areas for improvement at the ITTT / Vantage TEFL program.

Sarah

Changing Career Paths

The Vantage TEFL program was a huge benefit to me…helping from beginning to end.

The course is demanding and covers all aspects of English teaching from grammar to phonetics to student assessment. We did three tests during the course to ensure that we mastered all the materials.

The Thai lessons they do as part of the “foreign language experience” are probably unique to the school and it puts you on the other side of the desk and gives an excellent perspective of the challenges of learning a foreign language.

As good as the class was, I found the Observed Teaching Practice was the most demanding part as I was teaching real Thai students in a real school. We had to create successful lesson plans that worked within the framework of the school’s schedule and what the students required.

The feedback I got from the lead trainer Chris from each session contributed a lot to my development as a teacher. I was making a career change from a physiotherapist, so I really needed advice and guidance on how my teaching skills were developing.

The job coaching services were another area that Vantage really excelled. I got to work one-on-one with Kevin in developing a highly effective resume and cover letter that would showcase what I could bring to the table. They even developed a video highlighting the advantages of my multi-lingual background and how that could be a benefit to my future students.

Something must have worked. During the last week of the course, one school asked me to come in based on the “strength of my materials.” And I was talking to multiple schools…

I would recommend Vantage to anyone – particularly those who want to change career paths.

Roshan

A Big Surprise

I had little idea what to expect when I signed up for the course. I knew I really wanted to teach but didn’t know much of what that would actually entail. Initially, I thought the course would be pretty basic, not take too much time, and not be too difficult.

I was in for a big surprise.

I observed experienced teachers and my peers, completed multiple class projects and taught six hours of English to students of different proficiency levels. I got a lot of valuable feedback from the trainers, which made a noticeable difference in my subsequent teaching performance.
I had to relearn a lot of grammar. And I was taught and tested on phonetics.

Nothing about the course was easy. It was a lot of work. Throughout the entire course, I was taken out of my comfort zone, but the bottom line is I now have the skill set to successfully teach. I’m now 100% confident that I can walk into a classroom anywhere and teach anyone English.

Vantage gave me a lot of individual support outside the classroom. I even got a one-to-one resume writing session! These guys want you to succeed and become a teacher who can make a difference in their students’ lives.

I would point anyone interested in teaching English overseas to Vantage’s TEFL program.

Meryem
Myanmar

A Complete Teacher

I was a bit different than my fellow TEFL trainees as I currently teach kindergarten in Myanmar.
So I already had a lot of experience working with children in an English-speaking environment in a real classroom.

Having said that, I gained a great deal from Vantage’s TEFL course as I have learned a lot about the methodologies and techniques in teaching a second language. This course has made me a complete teacher.

I came to realize how well designed the Vantage program is. It basically delivered everything it said it would do and it offered even more than a traditional problem. Vantage is also an authorized Cambridge English, so we also studied about how to assess a student’s English proficiency level and the testing methods with which to do this. I’ve since discovered this isn’t covered much at all in other courses.

This course is intensive. It’s not for those who want something ‘easy’ to gain a teaching credential. You’ll be more than busy for the four weeks, but at the same time, even for an experienced teacher like me. I felt like I learned a tremendous amount.

Our observed practices, which we did with some 10 students in our class, was great. The feedback we got from the trainers was always focused on how we could be better in our next observed teaching session. They had a way of presenting weakness as challenges and I could see how both I and the other trainees got a lot better as the practicum went on. This was for me the most important part of the class.

In addition, to resume writing and job interview techniques, I also got a personal individual session on building my own resume.

Everyone at Vantage was super helpful and they really put the student’s interest first. I would recommend Vantage to anyone who wants to become a successful teacher.

It's an excellent program, but I could suggest one thing, perhaps a kitchen area when the trainees could prepare food.

Miliza

A Huge Thanks

A very big "thank you" for all you guys have done for us to succeed.

I had never stood in front of a class in my life and I was not really a confident “public speaker.” At the point of my first peer teachings, I really thought I couldn’t do it.

But then the methodology lessons and grammar review that was built into our own lesson planning, in the individual style of each trainee, turned into a first “real” lesson given to the nursing students. This was one of the most beautiful days of my life!

The stage fright was soon forgotten, the lesson went smoothly and the students were involved and eager to learn. And they wanted more!

The professional guidance by Chris, the first trial runs of peer teaching, the observations and subsequent feedback helped us steadily improve. I’m now looking forward to starting teaching English within a couple of weeks.

Thank you, Chris, for your patience, your sense of humour and the cohesion in our group! Thank you, Kevin, for your personal help on my CV and having found simple words to express complicated situations.

This being said, it was a tough time. Many evenings of working late…but the effort and time invested were definitely worth it!

Can't think of anything really. It was excellent!

Matt
UK

An experience teacher takes TEFL

I was a little different from the other trainees in my class in that I had worked as a teacher in before I took my TEFL course. I already had significant time working in a classroom. Having said that, I came to realize how well designed the Vantage TEFL Certification program is. It basically delivered everything it said it would do and then more.

Yes, this course is intensive. You’ll be more than busy over the month, but at the same time, even for an experienced teacher like me felt like I learned quite a bit.

We did our observed practices at Thailand’s oldest nursing college. We had some 15 to 20 students in our class.

The lesson planning we got from trainer Chris really was an invaluable help to keeping the students engaged through the hour. His feedback afterward was equally valuable. He had a way of presenting weakness as challenges and I could see how both I and the other trainees got a little better as each and every class we taught during the practicum went on. For me, this was by far the most important part of the class.

The TEFL requirement was for 6 hours of observed teaching, but we got a significant number of extra hours (at our request) because “our” students also wanted more English lessons. I believe they liked us as much as we loved them!

Everyone at Vantage was really helpful and they really put the student’s interest first. I would recommend Vantage to anyone who was serious about becoming a successful teacher.

James
University College Dublin

Meeting my Demanding Expectations

I was initially interested in doing a CELTA course, but I chose the Vantage TEFL program in the end as I have an interest in teaching kids and the former focuses its training exclusively on adults.

I also wanted a global recognition, and the American accreditation of Vantage was an important consideration. Vantage has external moderation of all its courses and, as I learned during my research phase, that this is an essential requirement of any educational accreditation.

The course itself was great. It was very intensive as it covered more material than I first thought.

The heart of the TEFL program was the practicum. The live teaching that we did in front of first and second-year university students was fantastic. We had good sized classes that ran right on schedule so we have to learn to be precise in creating lesson plans that would factor not just the class content, but the time constraints of the class as well.

I also had to observe other teachers – both experienced instructors and new trainees like myself. Detailed observations were required that I then had to discuss with the lead TEFL trainer.

The students were really fun to teach. I think I learned as much about Thai culture as they did English! This was a great course, excellent taught and very well organized.

Hmmm....tough question. Perhaps Vantage could advertise their program more. It's too good of a gem to hide.

Saliha
Myanmar

Excellent TEFL experience

We were been very lucky to have Chris, who’s a highly experienced teacher as our Lead Trainer. He’s been doing this something like 25 years as a teacher and a trainer. He also has extensive experience in developing customized courses and curriculum development. This was really evident (and more than helpful) in the feedback I got in creating my lesson plans.

The teaching practice sessions at the nursing college for the teachers and students gave me a completely different outlook on how to teach people from a different culture with different learning backgrounds and different language proficiency levels.

The sessions we did about language proficiency were eye opening. This was something I really hadn’t considered before. We learned how to ascertain the language proficiency level of an individual student and then create lesson plans that were tailored for the English level of that student.

Chris’ feedback after every session was extremely valuable and this helped me to better my teaching until I reached a point where I was considered to be quite good.

I’m already working at a school, so I really didn’t sign up for their job consultation services. Nonetheless, their resume writing and interviewing techniques are techniques I will definitely use in my next job search.

I would definitely recommend this TEFL training to anyone who has the passion for teaching.

It's great the way it is!

John
Northern Arizona University

...from a Combined Course Student

I did the Combined online and, from Vantage, the classroom package. It was an amazing experience. The online section of the course allowed me to learn at my own pace and worked full time at the same time. This part of the course is extensive and covers everything. The video portion supplemented the text well.

However, the online course alone didn’t make me feel that I was ready to teach. I felt I have an idea on how to teach, but I was still anxious about doing the practicum teaching.

Chris and Kevin from Vantage invited me to join the current In-Class course, not just for review, but to participate in the peer teaching activities of the class. I talk to Chris about my anxiety in doing the practicum and he assured me that peer teaching will help me prepare.

I was hesitant at first but it worked out well. Peer teaching was a very helpful tool in boosting my confidence before the practicum. The feedback from Chris and insights from my co-trainees were priceless. I also observed how my co-trainees were teaching and learned a lot from them. After several peer teaching runs, I felt much better and was confident to be in front of a class.

To sum it up, I feel I am a better teacher now than before I started the course. The certificate is worth every penny spent.

Really can't think of anything that could have done better. It would have been nice to have coffee provided, but then again they had fantastic coffee at an Italian shop 2 minutes away.

Jansi
Bangalore

For those with a passion to learn, excel and travel

I am a Training Team Manager for a company in India and I found the course absolutely fantastic and truly worthwhile. The course gives you an opportunity to relearn and exercise the English language like the way it has never been done before. This is truly for someone who loves the language and would like to impart the knowledge gained in an effective manner and in any part of the world. I'm extremely proud to say that I was trained by the best. Chris, who has more than 20 years of experience in teaching is absolutely one of a kind. His immense knowledge, understanding, patience and exceptional method of training is what makes the course so invaluable and wonderful. Kevin is the best job coach that you could ever find (has a world of language and travel knowledge up his sleeve) and Ryan, is a superb language trainer (I still can't believe how I can now speak basic Thai). These are not just world class trainers but mentors for life. I've had an amazing experience with Vantage TEFL and I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who has a passion to learn the language thoroughly, excel in their methods and travel to impart your language skill.

Vantage TEFL is great the way it is.

Megan

Training Experience at Vantage for TEFL Certificate

I finished my certification in 2016 and have to say it was a great experience. My concern in getting a certificate was that I really wanted a challenging program that gave me the skills and knowledge to become successful in the classroom, not just get a teaching certificate.

The training was excellent and provided me with feedback and ongoing training to understand what I needed to do to improve and to create effective lesson plans that would be successful in the classroom.

The lead trainer, Chris, was very inspirational and drew upon his 20+ years as an English teacher and materials and curriculum development background and forced me to dig inside myself to bring out my best.

Equally important was the camaraderie we had in our class. We were not only learning but having fun at the same time. This made for a very close group of students and we spent time together outside of our classes. This was a great support – and peer feedback in the class – while taking this intensive, month-long program.

After finishing my certification I found work pretty quickly. My Vantage TEFL Certification bumped my pay up to a level that will pay for the entire course fees in less than one year.

I also got excellent help and support the job front. The had a separate trainer – a guy who’s work as an English teach, an oilman and a banker – show us how to craft a resume that really brings out our skill sets and make a strong impact within seconds. He did special sessions on interview coaching and I learned techniques for showcasing my skills and how to handle objections.

I would recommend Vantage without hesitation. Everyone was very nice and service-minded as well. There’s no doubt I got a world-class teaching training program in an amazing location.

Most TEFL course providers only do just that—train teachers. In addition to its American Accredited TEFL Certification program, Vantage is a key player in these segments of the English Language Teaching (ELT) industry:

- Authorized Cambridge English Test Centre. We run exams at schools, universities,