TEFL Heaven: Paid Teaching Jobs Shanghai, China

The most beautiful city!
The most beautiful city!
Teacher Sophie!!!
Teacher Sophie!!!
It was a little rainy, but this is myself and my coursemates exploring Shanghai with our instructor on the last day of class.
My Class at the Bund
My Class at the Bund
Chinese students
Chinese students

If you are looking to dive into a new culture rich with heritage and history whilst teaching English and earning a good salary, then China could be the perfect solution for you. You will start by completing a 4 week face to face TEFL training program. Our trainers will ensure that you are equipped with all the tools and knowledge that you need to fulfill your teaching role. This training also allows you to gain hands on experience while making new friends and exploring Shanghai's bustling city!On completion of this course, TEFL Heaven offers a guaranteed paid job!

• Fully Accredited TEFL/ TESOL Certificate
  • Job placement services from our team in Shanghai
  • Pre-departure guidance on visas, accommodation , work options, salary guides, connections with previous teachers
  • Complimentary accommodation
  • Free airport transfer

Currently offering a special reduced rate for our Mexico Program (Summer months only) check out the website for more info!

Experience 3 weeks fully immersive TEFL/ TESOL training in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico with a guaranteed paid work placement within 30 days of your course ending and a lifetime, worldwide job assistance guarantee!

• Instruction 10
  • Academic Rigor 10
  • Job Assistance 10
Sophie

10/10, would recommend to a friend

This course is so well thought through I can't fault it. The experiences gained from real life practice, lesson planning, getting used to be observed and learning to be adaptable really puts this course on a new level! Moving around the world, was a culture shock but its a beautiful, fu and exciting city which I now call home and love! The instructors from this course go above and beyond in their jobs and Im lucky to now call them friends. They are willing to help with anything from adapting to living in this city, to anything course related. This course exceeded my expectations and Im already planning on staying here longer than a year!! The course flowed nicely and everyone improved and felt comfortable teaching with people observing and with being at the front of the class (and personally for me, I lacked confidence and found myself getting nervous at the beginning) now look forward to teaching as the children are so much fun!!! Getting a job after was super easy with the help and support of the group and instructors, I got all the jobs I interviewed for and that gave me the freedom to choose which job I liked more. Even now Im working in Shanghai, the instructors (now friends) are there for any help and support I may need and still keep in contact which is really nice!! I loved my TEFL experience and will forever remember the memories and experiences gained from it!

Alex

A Highly Recommended Course!

TEFL Heaven's course in Shanghai exceeded every expectation. The instructors are all experienced teachers with many years of teaching in China under their belts. The course covers every aspect of teaching, and focuses on what's most important to being a successful teacher in China. The course material is comprehensive, and provides you with all of the necessary skills to both effectively teach English and to make classes fun. My favorite aspect of the course was that everyone gets to teach several real classes each week, in order to provide them with classroom experience before they begin applying to full - time teaching positions. You'll get to teach in both the public school and training school environment. Being able to practice in both of these types of classrooms was crucial as I began to decide which type of school that I wanted to work in. Once you've taught a couple times in each setting you'll know what type of teacher you want to be! The staff are an amazing resource, and will help you with the job search and with any questions you have related to getting established in China. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to teach successfully when I started out, but after teaching my first couple of classes I realized that anyone who works hard can be a great teacher. This this course made my transition to China feel seamless, and I'd recommend this program to anyone looking to join the vibrant TEFL community in China.

Sarah

Wonderful Experience

I thoroughly enjoyed taking this course. This course provided me with not only comprehensive teaching experience, but the skills I needed to transition to life in China. From organizing a trip to the bank to help my class set up bank account, to ensuring I had a ride from the airport, this program made my first weeks in China as seamless as possible. The instructors went above and beyond to make the experience immersive and fun. They provided me with the physical resources I needed to teach my classes, and worked with me to brainstorm ideas for my lesson plans. They broke down teaching theory into manageable parts and were available to help at all times. The observed teaching practice hours I accrued throughout the course have proved to be invaluable in allowing me to anticipate problems in the classroom. I would recommend this course to anyone who is pursuing teaching English in China.

There were conflicting opinions from the instructors about the "right" way to teach certain things. It would be helpful to have had more cohesion from the instructors.

Location:
73 F / 41 F
Airports:
Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport
( SHA )

Shanghai is the largest city in mainland China and in the top 10 of most populous cities in the world. With the sheer amount of people that have relocated to Shanghai, you see a mix of different cultural influences, particularly in the architecture. Whether you are looking to travel or move to Shanghai, you will have plenty of opportunities but this city won't be slowing down on their growth anytime soon.

About TEFL Heaven

Since 2007, our passionate team of travel experts have assisted university graduates and non-graduates to secure quality teaching placements abroad. We actively engage with all who are seeking the opportunity to teach English as a foreign language by...