Paid Teaching & TEFL Program in Myanmar with TravelBud

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, TravelBud has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Myanmar History
Myanmar scenery coastal
Myanmar scenery coastal
Myanmar classroom
Myanmar classroom

If you're passionate about exploring life off the beaten track and are looking to be a trailblazer in the teach abroad world, our Myanmar program is an excellent opportunity!

You'll be based in Yangon, the country's bustling economic heart or in smaller towns if you prefer, helping a nation who's just opening its doors to the outside world empower itself with the skill of speaking and writing English.

Included in our program is an accredited TESOL course, conducted in-country by an experienced instructor along with a weeklong cultural orientation. You'll also benefit from free placement on any of our other Asian teach abroad programs for which you qualify like Thailand, Vietnam or South Korea.

What's more, is that bachelor's degrees are not required to take part in this program - a rarity nowadays in teach abroad programs.

• Internationally Accredited TESOL Certification and cultural orientation included.
  • Guaranteed job placement.
  • Earn $700-$1200 per month.
  • Thorough pre-departure support and 24/7 in-country support.
  • Free placement support in Thailand, Vietnam or South Korea after completing your first contract.

We're offering flexible enrollment options due to COVID-19. Our next available start dates are:

Online TEFL Certification: August 3rd
Costa Rica: November 23rd
Japan: March 1st 2021
Thailand: September 28th
Vietnam: October 12th
South Korea: October 26th (Limited spaces available)
Myanmar: September 28th

• Benefits 8.7
  • Facilities 9
Joni

Well what a TREAT!

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't know much about Myanmar. But what an adventure I was in for. I have only chipped away at the tip of the iceburg and this new year will see me travelling further north to see more of this beautiful country.

The Tefl Course was so much fun ( a lot of work though! But manageable.) I was placed at NELC HO teaching young adults and learning teachers here in Yangon. One week into my Job NELCXplore (The Guys who will train you.) wanted to hire me here also to teach adults and children, so I'm split between the two which i thoroughly enjoy.

Throughout the whole experience travelbud were by my side, Saskia and Lydia were my pillars . Alot of contact to the build up to leaving your home country and then just checking in every now and again to see how we are getting along. The ground team here are amazing and really help you adjust to Myanmar life.

I am only 3 months into my 13 months here, and I am so excited to what the future will bring. ✌🏼

Oh... And the visa runs! Means you get to see other part of Asia too!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The Shwegadon Pagoda is just breath taking! And definitle you have to go to Bagan!
Robin

Myanmar

When I decided to come to Myanmar I wasnt sure what to expect. And now its been almost 3 months and I cant imagine myself being anywhere else. We arrived and we were met at the airport by one of the local staff who took us to where we were staying. The next day we started orientation and met all the other people. Im happy to say some of those people are my best friends now. We were all nervous about starting to teach and the support team really helped everyone feel more relaxed. They helped us with our placements and contracts, and also with accommodation. They are always on hand and ready to help if there is anything you need. I started teaching at 2 schools and I am really happy about my placement and love the amazing students and teachers. If you want to experience a truly great adventure and meet awesome people then this is for you. Travelbud was there for support everystep of the way and after and they still keep in contact. Really professional and great people to work with.

At the moment nothing. Work is very professional and reliable
Mindy

An experience I never imagined

I have had such an incredible experience with TravelBud and in Myanmar. The TravelBud team has been nothing but supportive and kind during the whole process. From the moment I signed up to present day while I am still teaching. Every question I had was answered and I was fully ready to go with all documents on the day of my flight. I had a little complication when arriving to the airport about a return flight but I messaged Saskia and she immediately responded and the issue was taken care of within 20 minutes. When I arrived in Yangon I was picked up at the airport and taken straight to my accommodation, the orientation did not start for a couple days but the placement coordinator still came to show me around and help with exchanging money and getting a SIM card. We had an orientation week to start the training which was incredible because we got to get a glimpse of what life would be like living in Yangon. The accommodation during the training was more than expected and in a really great area, the neighbors were extremely friendly and always saying hello. I still get emails from Saskia checking in and making sure things are going well. Fortunately, everything is going so well that I don't have any concerns to report back to her but its nice to know that she is always there for support. Living in Yangon provides so many opportunities to meet new people and explore an array of different cultural aspects. I couldn't have asked for a better placement, Myanmar is truly an amazing country.