TESOL Certification Program

TESOL stands for Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and encompasses what used to be called TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language).

This is an internationally accepted 4 week, 150-Hour certification program for candidates interested in living and teaching English abroad. Our TESOL certification is accepted world-wide and will set you apart from the rest of other job-seekers.

This TESOL program includes 10 hours of real life in-class teaching training, in which you will have the chance to apply your new skills in your practice teaching sessions with real ESL students. Begin preparing for your new life as an English teacher abroad! Our program also offers an optional teaching internship with a Costa Rican institution upon graduation which will be useful experience to make sure you are a step above the rest in your job search.

• Classroom in jungle mountains near river only 10 minutes from beautiful beach
  • Certification accepted world-wide
  • Four week, 150-Hour Program with real teaching hours
  • Join our Spanish school or excursions for extra fun!

• Instruction 10
  • Academic Rigor 5
  • Job Assistance 10
Yamileth

TESOL Course

I have been with Hibiscus Travels doing a 4 week TESOL course and internship teaching English in Ciudad de Cortes in Costa Rica. From Monday through Friday, I teach about 25 students from the local community for two hours a day. I teach level 1 English, which includes:

* How to say their name, age, where they are from, the ABC's, numbers, vocabulary words for daily use and much more.

I really enjoy teaching the classes and find it very rewarding to see them progress in the English language.

Lauren Markey is an excellent person with wonderful skills to teach and guide. She knows much about English and is very patient, kind, knowledgeable and pleasant to be around. I am very grateful to have met her and be a part of this program, which I believe is beneficial to anyone looking to be an English teacher abroad. Thank you for everything, Lauren!

There is nothing I feel should be improved in the program. Anyone who goes into this course should know that this is not an easy course and takes time to master, but it's worth the struggle if you're wanting to be a teacher.