- Costa Rica
- San José
- Playa Flamingo
- Playa Blanca
- Playa Grande
- Puerto Jimenez
- Puerto Limón
- Samara Beach
- San Joaquin de Flores
- San Miguel
- San Ramón
- Santa Ana
View Other Details
- Bachelor's Degree in any field of study.
- 20 to 40 years old.
- Passport holder from the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa.
- Native English speaker – you must be completely fluent in English.
- 120-hour internationally accredited TEFL certification course completed in Costa Rica
- In-depth 5-day cultural foundation course, which includes Costa Rican cultural and language lessons and a variety of cultural excursions
- Guaranteed paid teaching placement at one of TravelBud's carefully vetted partner schools, earning $600 to $1000 per month
- Thorough pre-departure support, which includes visa application guidance, document collection assistance, and more
- 24/7 in-country support throughout your placement in Costa Rica from our team on the ground
- Free placement in any of our other Paid Teaching program destinations on successful completion of your first contract in Costa Rica
Teaching English in Costa Rica offers the wonderful opportunity to live in a beautiful corner of the world while earning a sustainable income, immersing yourself in one of Latin America's most hospitable cultures and improve your Spanish.
TravelBud's holistic program ensures you're super well prepared for the classroom and includes an in-country TESOL/TEFL course tailored specifically to Costa Rican classroom settings, in-class real-life training at a local language centre, the most in-depth 5-day cultural foundation course, and a guaranteed paid position at one of our carefully-vetted school partners on completion of our course.
We take pride in offering the most dedicated support in helping you prepare for this life-changing adventure as well 24/7 in-country support throughout your teaching placement in Costa Rica, which we've carefully crafted based on our personal experiences of teaching abroad ourselves.
- Guaranteed paid teaching job with a monthly salary of $700 to $1000 (USD).
- Thorough pre-departure support to ensure you're well prepared for the life-changing experience waiting for you in Costa Rica
- Dedicated 24/7 in-country support throughout your placement.
- Internationally accredited TESOL/TEFL certification course which includes two full days of practical teaching at a Costa Rican school.
- A full week of cultural learning - which includes tons of lessons by experts in the field on Costa Rican culture, history, politics, language lessons and a variety of awesome cultural excursions.
View the latest teaching job postings by TravelBud.