- Costa Rica
- San José
- Playa Flamingo
- Playa Blanca
- Playa Grande
- Puerto Jimenez
- Puerto Limón
- Samara Beach
- San Joaquin de Flores
- San Miguel
- San Ramón
- Santa Ana
View Other Details
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required for North Americans (USA and Canada)
- 20 to 40 years old.
- Passport holder from the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand or Australia.
- Native English speaker – you must be completely fluent in English.
- 120-hour accredited TEFL certification course completed in Costa Rica.
- In-depth 5-day cultural course, covering Costa Rican cultural, Spanish language lessons, an authentic coffee plantation tour, animal rescue sanctuary visit and cooking classes
- Guaranteed paid teaching placement at one of TravelBud's carefully vetted partner schools, earning $650 to $1150 per month
- Thorough pre-departure support, which includes visa application guidance, document collection assistance, and more
- 24/7 in-country support throughout your placement in Costa Rica from our team on the ground
- Free placement in any of our other Paid Teaching program destinations on successful completion of your first contract in Costa Rica
Embrace the Pura Vida lifestyle in one of the most beautiful corners of the earth through our TeachEnglish in Costa Rica Program.
Learn to “habla español” in the heart of Latin American, earn a sustainable income and embrace the tropics and traditions of an incredibly hospitable culture!
TravelBud's holistic program ensures you're super prepared for the classroom and includes an in-country TESOL/TEFL course designed for the Costa Rican classroom, in-class real-life training at a local language centre, the most in-depth 5-day cultural foundation course, and a guaranteed paid position, between $650 – $1150 USD per month, at one of our carefully-vetted school partners on completion of our course.
We take pride in offering the most dedicated support in helping you prepare for this life-changing adventure as well 24/7 in-country support throughout your teaching placement in Costa Rica, which we've carefully crafted based on our personal experiences of teaching abroad ourselves.
- Guaranteed paid teaching job with a monthly salary of $650 up to $1500 (USD).
- Thorough pre-departure support to ensure you're well prepared for the life-changing experience waiting for you in Costa Rica
- Dedicated 24/7 in-country support throughout your placement.
- Internationally accredited TESOL/TEFL certification course which includes theoretical and practical training.
- A full week of cultural learning - which includes tons of lessons by experts in the field on Costa Rican culture, history, politics, language lessons and a variety of awesome cultural excursions.
View the latest teaching job postings by TravelBud.