• Costa Rica
Classroom Audience
Adults Business Early Childhood University Students

Program Details

Qualifications
  • Bachelor's Degree in any field of study.
  • 20 to 40 years old.
  • Passport holder from the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa.
  • Native English speaker – you must be completely fluent in English.
Classroom Audience

Pricing

Salary / Benefits
$700 to $1000 (USD) per month
Includes:

- 120-hour internationally accredited TEFL certification course completed in Costa Rica
- In-depth 5-day cultural foundation course, which includes Costa Rican cultural and language lessons and a variety of cultural excursions
- Guaranteed paid teaching placement at one of TravelBud's carefully vetted partner schools, earning $600 to $1000 per month
- Thorough pre-departure support, which includes visa application guidance, document collection assistance, and more
- 24/7 in-country support throughout your placement in Costa Rica from our team on the ground
- Free placement in any of our other Paid Teaching program destinations on successful completion of your first contract in Costa Rica
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airport Transfers SIM cards Transportation Wifi
What's Not Included
Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Meals Travel Insurance Visa
Mar 13, 2020
Apr 21, 2022
37 travelers are looking at this program

Teaching English in Costa Rica offers the wonderful opportunity to live in a beautiful corner of the world while earning a sustainable income, immersing yourself in one of Latin America's most hospitable cultures and improve your Spanish.

TravelBud's holistic program ensures you're super well prepared for the classroom and includes an in-country TESOL/TEFL course tailored specifically to Costa Rican classroom settings, in-class real-life training at a local language centre, the most in-depth 5-day cultural foundation course, and a guaranteed paid position at one of our carefully-vetted school partners on completion of our course.

We take pride in offering the most dedicated support in helping you prepare for this life-changing adventure as well 24/7 in-country support throughout your teaching placement in Costa Rica, which we've carefully crafted based on our personal experiences of teaching abroad ourselves.

Program Highlights

• Guaranteed paid teaching job with a monthly salary of $700 to $1000 (USD).
  • Thorough pre-departure support to ensure you're well prepared for the life-changing experience waiting for you in Costa Rica
  • Dedicated 24/7 in-country support throughout your placement.
  • Internationally accredited TESOL/TEFL certification course which includes two full days of practical teaching at a Costa Rican school.
  • A full week of cultural learning - which includes tons of lessons by experts in the field on Costa Rican culture, history, politics, language lessons and a variety of awesome cultural excursions.

Current Teaching Jobs

• Benefits 8.5
  • Facilities 9.5
Cassidy

Great and Helpful Program and Coordinators

I am so glad I found this program! They helped me to finally move abroad and become an English teacher! They helped guide me through the process and matched me with the program I did once I arrived to Costa Rica. The help Saskia provided was amazing, through and I always felt like I had someone in my corner who was looking out for me. She is responsive, helpful and genuinely wanted to help make my transition and time in Costa Rica the best they could be! I think the program is great because they have so many resources and programs all over the world so you really have a lot of options for where you want to go! I also love that after my first year teaching, I have the support of the program for a lifetime in many different countries all over the world!!

Pros
  • Placement with a program that gives you the TESOL/TEFL.
  • Support even after you have been placed.
Calan

Costa Rica - GoOverseas Experience

This was my first time traveling internationally and it was, without a doubt, a life changing experience. With the help from the staff of GoOverseas and XploreAmericas, the transition into living overseas was smooth, organized, and supported every step of the way. I am a solo traveler, but being a part of this program gave me a sense of community from the very beginning of my journey. During the first month in the program, I had the opportunity to go on adventurous, yet affordable excursions, find work, and build a support system made of friendships that I will have for a lifetime. Although I wish my work pay was a little higher, I now have a job that allows me to travel internationally, and nothing is more exhilarating than the sense of freedom you receive from that. My job allows me to create my own work schedule and I can work as much or as little as I desire. I have never been happier.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Hormigas Culonas: Large leaf cutter ants, roasted and salted. In Bogotá, Colombia.