20-hour Classroom TEFL Course

woman in classroom
woman in classroom
world globe
world globe

This weekend-long TEFL course is fully hands-on and practical. In it, the basics will be covered, including how to manage your classroom, how to teach grammar, and planning lessons.

This course is great for people looking to top-up their existing credentials as well as for beginners who want a taster of the TEFL world.

NEW Semester Teaching Dates

We've just released new dates for our Paid Teaching Semester in Vietnam. Apply online now for August 2020 start

• Instruction 9.6
  • Academic Rigor 8.3
  • Job Assistance 8.6
Giulia

Amazing

Simon is a great teacher and makes everything fun. He gave us a clear idea of what a tefl lesson should look like and also gave us plenty of useful tips and techniques to start working on our teaching experience.
I enjoyed the course way more than I could imagine. The atmosphere was quite relaxed, everyone was very active and on the same wave length, which made everything even better.
I would 100% recommend this course, the only downside is that it was too short!
Simon is the best teacher one could ask for, thank you!

Denise

Brilliant course

I really enjoyed the course and the instructor is wonderful!
We covered all the important areas of TEFL and had the opportunity to give many activities a try ourselves. In brief demo classes, we had the opportunity to apply our new gained knowledge and receive feedback from the instructor and the other course participants.
Our instructor was entertaining, supportive, and very experienced. He shared his broad knowledge and his teaching experiences with us and made the course a productive yet enjoyable event.

Rohun

No regrets!

The classroom experience was very good in prepping us for what is to come. I have never had any teaching experience previously and so this gave me an eye-opener into what teaching would be like. The tutor was friendly and kept us all engaged, and was very good at what she was doing. Although the hours were long, it was well worth it. I got to meet some great people who will hopefully become friends of mine, as in the classroom itself we all got on. The great thing about the classroom experience is that you gain experience in presenting, acting as a student, job advice and more. It was also very fun!

My advice would be to seek your dreams and go where you want and live with no regrets! TEFL allows you to do that with great resources and salaries, so you will not have to worry about finances much.
Edward

December 14/15 classroom TEFL course in Bristol

I would recommend that every TEFL student attend one of these courses, as the practical experience in the classroom is invaluable. The course cements the course theory material. Even experienced teachers or industry type trainers would benefit from the classroom course, as teaching English the TEFL way is quite different to their type of teaching.
I would also recommend students to attend the classroom course early on in their overall course, as going through the PPP and the Planning stages will help greatly in understanding the theory.
An excellent course delivered beautifully and expertly.

if it were possible more classroom practical experience would be beneficial for the student.
Neil

Excellent Weekend

I had a great weekend in Brighton doing the course. While it's a hell of a lot more challenging then I thought it would be it was none the less great fun and informative. I learnt many new things that I simply did not know about the English language lol. The group of students were a very mixed bunch of people from all ages and back grounds. They were really good people to be around. Simon the teacher was extremely good and informative but funny at the same time. I cannot recommend the course enough.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Presenting in front of everyone I found bit nerve racking as they were a new group of people I had never met before.
Jack

Excellent, extremely useful and rewarding course

This course was excellent. The online modules provide you with a huge range of skills that equip you to teach EFL. The 20 hour weekend was the most valuable part of the course, reinforcing the skills within the online modules but also providing a very interactive experience. The interactive weekend course was very enjoyable; I learned a huge range of skills and also built up my confidence in terms of going on to teach a class of my own. Overall, the course has provided me with all the skills necessary to take my own lessons, and given me a lot of inspiration to carry into the classroom with me.

I would also like to say that the leader of my 20 hour weekend course, Elizabeth, was excellent and made the weekend thoroughly enjoyable and rewarding.

Amanda

A fun and learning experience

The 20 hours spent on a weekend for the classroom course of the TEFL were totally worth it. Not only did I have a lot of fun and enjoy all the modules given, but also it was a very rewarding learning experience on how to manage a class. The teacher (or instructor) Rachael Smith was really helpful and achieved successfully an entertaining module we all certainly enjoyed. We left the course understanding the importance of planning a lesson beforehand and how to handle students' struggles with some practice ourselves. I must say the practice lessons we had to plan at the end of each day with the materials and instructions we have studied before were the most useful, making you realise your mistakes and how to correct them (it is not as easy as it looks!).
All in all, apart from the great learning face-to-face experience I could meet new fantastic people whose aspirations are similar to mine, and so, exchange ideas and destinations. We would definitely keep in touch and who knows, maybe share the workplace someday!
Special thanks to the work and effort of Rachael Smith, I would completely recommend this course with her.

Ian

TEFL Course, Novotel Reading, 30/11 - 1/12

This was one of the best presented and most enjoyable short courses I can ever remember. Elizabeth was exceptional. She presented everything with good humour, expert knowledge and fairness.

The subject content was excellent with Elizabeth's emphasis not so much on the intricacies of the English language, that will follow online later, but more on how to structure lessons and develop a presentation manner that can enthuse and inspire the students. The venue in the town centre was a good choice too, and a class size of twelve was perfect.

Grateful thanks to Elizabeth. Through her style and charisma she managed to forge twelve complete strangers into a cohesive class very quickly and made learning fun. Speaking for myself, she has made me feel very enthusiastic about the hours of online study ahead.

There was nothing to improve, it was excellent in all respects.
Hani

Great experience

It was a very enjoyable course, great experience where we all learnt a lot. I would definitely recommend this course to those who are interested in teaching english as a foreign abroad and at home. I made good friends at the course and Simon, the trainer was absolutely amazing and helpful. I feel much more confident in teaching english as a foreign language whether it’s here at home or abroad and very excited to get into. I learnt so much about what I need to do and know for this. Simon covered almost everything and filled any gaps in our knowledge. We spent a very fun, interactive and educational 20 hours. I feel a lot more secure in myself when it comes to what I need to do in order to complete my course and teach. A very memorable weekend. 10/10

Hannah

Great TEFL course

Last weekend I attended a TEFL course - the content was centred around teaching techniques for both vocab and grammar and putting that learning into practice. There was a wide variety of people there - all with different reasons for going into TEFL. It was inspiring to hear their stories and we created a WhatsApp group to share tips afterwards as well. The quality of teaching was excellent - Simon was a formidible teacher with a lot of experience in TEFL - he paid attention to every student and got the content difficulty level and timings perfect. Both days are around 9-10 hours of content but he made it engaging and, consequently, the time flew by! I would definitely recommend this course. I Met some great people and learnt a lot of vocational techniques. Thank you!

Perhaps there could have been some parts of the course you need to complete beforehand in order to allow more time for certain sections of the course.
Leo

20-hour Fun Classroom

I was nervous and don't know what we will be doing in class. But when it started it was fun and interesting. All the activity was good and fun to participate in. Being a student and a teacher was a nice practice experience.

Thinking of ideas of teaching and topics and then delivering it to class was a fun activity and definitely gives you the feel on how you teach and also another person's teaching ways.

Trying out different levels of materials such as Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, and Advance feel the difference on how to teach a class depending on which level of class you'll be teaching.

It is best to participate and enjoy the activity, lesson, and learn.

Would definitely recommend this course to have a feel alone with the online course.

What was your funniest moment?
The Group Activities and practicing teaching as well.
Anni

Demanding yet fun!

The weekend workshop was demanding but also very fun! The people and the tutor helped to create a relaxed atmosphere so no one felt discouraged to participate. Even though some participants have never taught before, the whole group (the tutor included of course) was always encouraging and NEVER judged anyone. Also the tutor was super helpful and even gave some insider tips which were very useful.

Even though the workshop was rather long there were many short breaks and bottled water was provided all the time. All due to the tutor’s positive energy and the lively tefl programme, time flew by quickly. The provided material was super interesting!

I would totally recommend the whole tefl programme to anyone who is interested in teaching English.

Rosa Maribel

EXPECTING DIFFERENT EMOTIONS

I would like to share with you, that I was so much afraid.

Firstly, because I graduated 25 years ago in Honduras. I arrived in Madrid almost 15 years ago and had not practised my English since then.

As soon as I reached the room, I met three lovely and friendly persons, which changed my fear. They made me feel comfortable. People from several countries with one goal: To teach English. I kept calm!

I am very glad I have taken the decision to attend the 20 hours weekend course. They were 20 hours of which I took advantage. I ended up tired but I made also improvements in some areas and very well trained to conduct a PPP lesson plan.

Now I have many more ideas on how to lead the students, in a funny way, controlling and producing students results. We have learned many games, dynamics, tips...etc.

What else can I say, It was great!
Pleased to meet and work with teachers from different countries. Not only the classmates but also the amazing Tutor we had. Thomas, you are such a very passionate teacher!

Rosa

What was your funniest moment?
Look at my friends mimicking our teacher.

In groups of four, you four, you four... jajajaja
you two, you two...

The Tutor divided us into two groups and compete to write the largest quantity of words.
The winners won a lovely sticker jajajaja.

Great time!

Amy

Interesting and fun

I was so nervous as I had never tried anything like this before, I was instantly put at ease by the tutor who was so communicative and friendly. I felt very supported and was so interested in everything that was being taught. It was a lot of information but the the tutor kept switching things and planning activities and I’m so glad I had this experience! I would love if there were more choice of European locations to complete this training as it is focussed on people who love to travel and teach and a lot of students may have already visited Madrid! I now feel confident after finishing this class and after finishing the online lessons I will be able to manage and teach a class! Thanks to this experience I may get the chance to live and work in many different countries!

Don’t worry too much before do it, it’s amazing! The tutors know exactly what they’re talking about and all the other students are in the exact same boat as you!
Ghada

A positive and insightful experience

I had a every positive experience with the classroom part of the TEFL course. At first, I was skeptical at how would such as compressed classroom course would be engaging, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Asif is a very capable and experienced instructor. He did not spare a chance at sharing tips and situations related to TEFL in different contexts, which gave me enough background and confidence to walk into the job. The classroom experience included a lot of practical exercises and chances to practice all the concepts we were taught. The group dynamics in the course, very well-facilitated by Asif made it a lot of fun too. I left the course taking away tips and methods I will not forget, and look forward to apply. The selected venue was also very convenient and comfortable. Thank you.