Classroom and Online TEFL Courses

Globe tefl org
Globe tefl org
TEFL teacher adventures.
TEFL teacher adventures.

Enroll in an internationally-recognized TEFL course with TEFL Org and earn a highly accredited certificate.

Our TEFL courses combine 20-30 hours of classroom training and up to 120 hours of online learning to create a fantastic combination of knowledge and employability. You will find that most schools and employers look for teaching applicants with a 120-hour TEFL Certificate - so any more hours will put you at an advantage.

For the classroom segment, you will spend two days (Saturday and Sunday) or three days (Monday to Wednesday) training in one of our thirty locations across the UK, Ireland or Spain. Our classroom courses run frequently throughout the year.

For the online segment of the course, you have up to six months to finish. This ensures people have enough time to complete, even if they're busy with other things.

• Learn to become a qualified EFL teacher
  • Gain an internationally recognised TEFL certificate
  • Boost your CV
  • Take it to the next step and find work abroad
  • Live abroad

NEW Semester Teaching Dates

We've just released new dates for our Paid Teaching Semester in Vietnam. Apply online now for August 2020 start

• Instruction 9.1
  • Academic Rigor 8.6
  • Job Assistance 8.9
David

Overall Worthwhile

It’s like any course, some elements will be taken with me forever yet some elements seemed a bit to in depth and possibly unnecessary. However, overall it was a worthwhile experience. Often myself and some other members of the group couldn’t understand what was actually being asked of us when tasks were given out. Whilst the instructor was a fluent English speaker, (yet not a native) I think it was miscommunication that left us somewhat confused about what she was actually asking us to do! Overall I am pleased with the way the course was handled and would definitely recommend. Thank you! And thanks to Jo for her support throughout the weekend! Much appreciated. Cheers. Dave

Luca

TEFL 30hrs Jan 2020

Really helpful to gain confidence toward starting my personal teaching experience. A great opportunity to break the ice before facing a classroom in a real school. The exposure to such a diverse group of students offers an enriching learning environment. The teacher's impeccable preparation highly contributed to the success of the entire program. She projected great enthusiasm throughout the whole duration the three-day course. Evidence of her passion for teaching as well as her students. Totally satisfied 👍🏼

Richard

Excellent in every way.

See above. ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I wouldn't change anything. There's nothing to add.
Jill

Worthwhile and Interesting

The location, facilities and setting were all ideal for this course.
I found Rachael to be an open, friendly, interesting tutor, who wowed us by regaling tales of her travels and experiences in TEFL.
The language and clarity of the lessons made understanding of the subjects attainable. My class was varied in age and experience, but we all gelled and I enjoyed working with everyone. Had I not understood anything, Rachael was helpful in explaining; often with examples and directing where to find information. The end of day presentations could be nerve-wracking, but I feel I gained a good foundation for furthering my study and impending career in teaching. I intend to improve my understanding of the topics covered in classroom with the online course over the next weeks. Throughout the lessons, Rachael provided advice and encouragement, ensured a positive and relaxed- yet productive environment, and I'm very happy I signed up to attend the course (at very short notice), with such an amazing tutor! Most grateful.Thanks again.

Perhaps one more day to recap previous lessons/topics
Steven

TEFL Review

I really enjoyed the TEFL course. We were lucky to have a great group including an excellent tutor; Rachel. Everything was explained well and we were given plenty of opportunities to practice what we had learned.

Rachel was very encouraging and helpful to everyone and that gave everyone the confidence and enthusiasm to really get involved in the activities. At the end of the course we were given advice on how to look for jobs and make the most of the course.

The presentation slides to the course were provided immediately which was very useful too.

Sam

Everyday we’re TEFLing

I found the whole course to be engaging from start to finish. I wholeheartedly enjoyed having Jo as my classroom tutor in Cardiff; she brought professionalism yet fun to the three days. I believe that students should be more encouraged to complete at least the grammar course before arriving for the classroom course as those who hadn’t slowed down the speed at which the class could have gone. Overall though, I’m pleased I embarked on this and can’t wait to put my new skill to good use all over the globe!

Insist attendees have completed grammar course as this would have allowed more to be covered in depth.
Indie

Great insights and way of learning

Learning online and in a classroom is crucial for me to make sure I understand what I have learnt. The classroom experience was in a really supportive environment, Rachel (teacher) was so lovely and supportive. She always had so many ideas and suggestions which were really helpful. I'm enjoying the course so far both online and the classroom. Everyone in the class was very supportive and we all had an understanding that mistakes will be made since for many it was the first time teaching to a large group.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
When we had to present our very first lesson in the classroom training. IT was the first day and no one really knew each other, but everyone was so supportive and encouraging when mistakes were made.
Liam

Manchester TEFL course with Joanna

I wasn't sure what to expect from the program before I arrived but i was pleasantly surprised. The class contained 9 students altogether which i thought was a good number for everyone to be able to gain a good learning experience. The course materials were great and informative and structured throughout the two days that it flowed well. By the end of the two days i felt equipped to create my own teaching lessons and confident to start teaching. The stand out element of the two day course was the teacher Joanna, who's depth of knowledge, patience with students and teaching style was fantastic. I had many questions throughout the two days which Joanna kindly took the time to answer and encouraged me to ask more so if i was unsure of anything or required clarity in any subject matter. She made the activities fun, engaging and created a very fun and enjoyable learning experience. Can't say thank you enough to Joanna for the great teaching experience.

Nothing springs to mind, the room was adequate though maybe a little stuffy at times. Perhaps maybe more individual teaching presentations to create even more confidence for students. But al in all, i can't think of much to improve.
Stephen

Excellent tutor. Enjoyable course.

Two long days over one weekend but enjoyable and educational. The tutor Simon had a wealth of experience which he used wisely to help us get the most from the time available. The right amount of practical tasks and plenty of class interaction to maintain interest and involvement. Great atmosphere created with plenty of encouragement, motivation and confidence-building. Quite a diverse group of students which added to the quality of the experience. This course is usually part of a longer online Tefl course with most students seeming to do the classroom element early in their online course. Although it's not required to have started the online studies before attending the weekend, I would recommend completing at least the online grammar module before attending, especially if you don't already speak grammar....

Get the hotel to clean the coffee machine before the course rather than during it - that's the only thing.
Amber

Excellent Course

The TEFL weekend in Liverpool was very informative and gave us a good idea of the practical side of TEFL and complimented the online content well. Rachael was an amazing tutor, she was warm and welcoming and did well in keeping us active and interested during the long days. Her balance of professionalism and friendliness was phenomenal. Can't thank her enough. It was a good opportunity to network and meet other like minded people with similar ambitions. I was fortunate in that our small group bonded really well from the offset and I have no doubt that we will keep in touch in the future. The activities were presented clearly and we also took part in some educational games that you could use when teaching a class of your own. All in all, I would rate the program 10/10. It was intense and the days were long, but I enjoyed myself from begging to end.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
We had to give a presentation for lesson plans in pairs at the end of each day, which initially seemed daunting. However, Rachael was very helpful and supportive and put us all at ease.
Valentina

Student

I think the material used to teach is very understandable and focused. Some of the online tutorials I think could use updating they seem a bit old. The classroom weekend was excellent - mostly because of the tutor Simon who is so knowledgable and a great teacher.

I think the price for the course was good and we definitely get a lot from it. I think some people would benefit from longer classroom time with more presentation practice. I think that it should be advised to do the online study first and then the classroom as then this acts more as a consolidation and revision.

I think the online assessments work well and my tutor has been getting back to me with constructive feedback very promptly. Overall a well run course and I am happy i chose it.

The online forum could use an update.

More job support would be desirable.
Charlotte

Amazing

I attended a 3 day weekday course in Birmingham and really enjoyed it. The tutor Rachael was extremely knowledgeable and helped us whenever we needed. We learnt a lot during the course and it was quite intensive but we had 2 small breaks and an hour's break at lunch each day.
We focused on different areas each day such as Skills lessons and Language lessons and classroom management. On our first day there were icebreaker activities to help us become familiar with one another on the course.
As the final activity each day, we were put into small groups and asked to prepare a 15 minute 'mini lesson.' We had an hour each day to plan our lessons, using what we had learnt earlier in the day. It was a challenging 3 days, but I had a great time during the course and I would 100% recommend it to anyone who is considering becoming a TEFL teacher!

Christopher

Weekday TEFL Course in London

Many thanks to Rachel for her great teaching and enjoyable TEFL course held in London last week. I enjoyed learning from Rachel as did the whole group. She knows the material inside out and was full of enthusiasm.

We covered a lot of material in three days from topics such as: ' Class Warmers, Grammar, Lesson Planning, Teaching Vocabulary to Games to mention just a few.' We even learnt how to speak some Indonesian too!

As a native English speaker, I also learnt how to teach English with members of the group from all over the world with different perspectives. We practiced teaching, which was daunting to start with, but enjoyable and fun with practice.

I met some great people on the course, which is a bonus!

Best wishes from Chris Cordrey

Julie

Classroom & Online

Online Course TEFL 120 hour - It's great that you can do the course in your own time and extend if needed as I did due to family commitments. The tests/quizzes at the end of each section are great because you can re-take them thereby helping you to perfect your English and increase your end mark.

Advanced 30hr Business English Course - this was very helpful in understanding the expectations of teaching Business English.

3 day, weekday Classroom Course - run by Rachel Rowland, this by far has been the part of the overall course that has given me the confidence to feel that I can actually go out and teach! I had completed the above courses already but the way the 3 day course is structured, students with no TEFL knowledge were just as able to participate. Rachel created a supportive environment in which to learn and practice the skills of being a TEFL teacher. Her friendly, positive and clear approach made the three days enjoyable on an educational and practical level.

Ali

Great introduction to life in the classroom

This highly interactive course was a great introduction to TEFL for me. I had only just begun the online course so was entering as a full novice. In a packed 3 days I feel I learnt a huge amount about what's involved in planning and delivering lessons and taking responsibility as a teacher. Our teacher, Rachel, was terrific. She created a hugely positive and inclusive learning environment; encouraging questions and feedback throughout and sharing some extremely helpful and entertaining anecdotes from her own teaching experience. The exercises were very well constructed and really helpful in introducing the kind of materials we could use. I was never bored and always felt challenged in the course - but in a fun and supportive atmosphere! Great course, thank you.