• Online

Weekly Classroom Hours

Pricing

$1,295 USD Program Tuition Includes:
-- Interactive online TEFL class with a university professor
-- FREE 30-hour Business Professionals & Young Learners optional add-on module (2 extra weeks)
-- Qualify for paid English teaching positions worldwide
-- Lifetime job guidance
-- 200 page ESL job search manual
-- ESL School Directory (approx. 8,000 schools worldwide)
-- Exceeds requirements to teach in South Korea (Korea application fee is waived for anyone who takes a course through Greenheart Travel)
Jun 03, 2020
Jun 08, 2022
4 travelers are looking at this program

Take the first step in getting paid international teaching work with an Online TEFL Certification Course. This 11-week class is the most thorough and interactive course you can take without physically being in a classroom.

Online TEFL Program Tuition: $1,295

Course Overview:
-11 Week course, 12-15 hours per week
-Internationally accredited by TQUK
-170 Hour TEFL/TESOL Certification
-FREE 30-hour Business Professionals & Young Learners optional add-on module (2 extra weeks)
-Interactive online TEFL class with a university professor
-Class sizes limited to 20 students

This program is currently not being promoted on Go Overseas by its provider. Check with Greenheart for the most up-to-date information regarding the status of this program.

Program Highlights

• A fully interactive, collegiate level course, taught by a university level professor.
  • Lifetime job search guidance after completion of the course.
  • $100 alumni discount off any future Greenheart Travel programs as an Online TEFL graduate
  • Your Teach in South Korea application fee is waived for anyone who takes a course through Greenheart Travel
  • Class sizes limited to 20 students for personal instruction

• Engagement 9.5
  • Platform 9
Donderlyn

The Practicum Was My Most Dreaded and Favorite Part

Although disappointed I couldn't experience the program in Thailand (due to Covid), all's well that ends well. The online program ended up working out great. Switching from Thailand to the online platform was quick and easy. The course material was rigorous and there were several times I wished I had access to more free teaching resources like lesson plan templates, but the instructor was helpful and quick to respond.

I was most dreading my Practicum since I wouldn't have the in-person teaching experience. I thought my dread justified when I didn't receive a respond from my first assigned student for tutoring. However, the adult student I was assigned next was a dream. His enthusiasm to improve English and gratefulness for our tutoring time really made the experience wonderful.

Still looking forward to one day actually going overseas to teach...

Heidi

Challenging program

I have advanced degrees and thought this course would be like Community College—worth doing but not too demanding. Instead I found it required me to stretch to do well. Of course, that means I got more out of it than I expected. I took the course while I was also learning how to teach English 8 in public school online. It made for endless hours on the computer. Still, I had to push myself to complete the project required each week to my own satisfaction. It was worth the effort. But No Homestay!

I was not prepared for the complexities of navigating the course online. A more complete orientation before Week 1 of the course would have helped.
Andrew

My TEFL Course Experience

When I first started the TEFL course back in April 2015, I took the course primarily because I wanted to find a job after college. I was taking the course as I was graduating that May and was looking for jobs. It was difficult to manage at first because I was filling out job applications but everything went really well after some weeks into the course. I learned how to be a better teacher because the course introduced me to the concept of "Presentation, Practice, and Production"