Multiple Locations +4
Activities
Cross-Country Skiing Skiing Snowboarding

Program Details

Program Tags
Adventure Travel Cultural Immersion Educational Internships Language Immersion Teach Abroad
Group size
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30) Large Group (31+)
Travel Type
Budget Couples Custom LGBT Singles Solo Women
Intensity Level
High
Apartment Hostel Lodge

Pricing

$6,475 USD
Limited places remaining, secure your spot today!
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Airport Transfers Some Meals
What's Included (Extra)

Discounted flights and insurance, employee lift pass, training costs, exam fees, association membership fees, support from a local EA representative, social events, plus loads more.

What's Not Included
Airfare Gratuity Travel Insurance Visa
What's Not Included (Extra)

Optional orientation weekend.

Apr 13, 2020
Jun 22, 2021

Do you want to spend a winter gap year in the world's top ski destinations? Looking for a career that can take you all over the world?

Become a ski instructor with EA Ski & Snowboard this winter. Take your riding to the next level and make friends for life.

On a ski or snowboard instructor course, you'll train every day under the world's best instructors and gain certification in just a few weeks. Then start your job as a ski instructor.

Choose from world-class ski including New Zealand, Japan and Canada. You'll train with the best, gain internationally recognised instructor qualifications, and get the best work experience for your CV.*

You'll gain instructor qualifications recognised by the International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA) - the world body for professional ski instructors. This means you will be able to work at other world-class ski resorts across the globe.

*Work experience only available on an internship program.

Program Highlights

• Accommodation.
  • World-class training.
  • Internationally recognised qualifications.
  • Season lift pass, social events, special deals on flights, insurance and more.

• 9-10 rating 66.67%
  • 1-2 rating 33.33%
  • Staff 1
  • Organization 1
Mark
No, I don't recommend this program

No refunds if location or course is changed

Be very careful of the fine print , we paid a $5000 au deposit in Feb 2020 for a internship plus course at Queenstown 2021. EA contacted us in Mar 2021, said they could would not be running the course at Queenstown, we had to attend Mt Hutt, and the course on offer would only be the internship not the Plus program. This was unacceptable as it was not what we signed up for. Fine print in the contract states EA is allowed to change location and not offer the course that you signed on for. They filled the course anyway and keep our deposit.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Be careful dealing with EA, Eryn Cutler said other customers did not refunds also.
Patricia

Tee Gunnz Winter at Northstar

Well to start off, the trip to San Francisco was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed getting to know the other EA members before we arrived at the resort. Once arriving in Lake Tahoe, everyone settled into their condos, it was nice to be close to everyone for the first two weeks, it allowed us to socialize and build great friendships. Our two week training was very informative and educational. We trained for two weeks on snow before we took our exam. I felt very prepared to sit the exam. We also got to know our trainers very well throughout training. Getting paid to snowboard is so amazing...I do not want to go back to my other job! Everyone who has a passion for the sport should at least try this out for a season!

Jonathan

2016/17

My experience was definitely one for the books. Though I’ve skied off and on throughout my life, I wasn’t as prepared for the workout I got from having a fun, hands-on learning program as I did at the EA program in Northstar CA. It’s definitely a great way to get into a great passion that will open the doors for a worldwide career. If you’re young, love snow sports, want to share your passion with others, and live to travel, I recommend doing this program.