Loop Abroad: Marine Bonus Week in Koh Tao, Thailand

Loop Abroad: Marine Bonus Week in Koh Tao, Thailand

This one-week bonus program can be added to any two-week Loop Abroad summer program. We travel to Koh Tao, "Turtle Island" in the South of Thailand to spend a week living at the beach. We learn about marine conservation in both a course and hands-on setting and get into the ocean each day for snorkel adventures around the island. You may see tropical fish, sea turtles, sharks, octopi, sea urchins, giant clams, coral, and many other sea creatures each day. You also get a chance to participate in conservation projects such as helping to re-grow coral through the creation of artificial reefs. This program is a LOT of in-water time and includes a SCUBA component as well.

• Snorkeling, SCUBA, sea turtles, marine conservation
Tour Guide
Transportation
Water
Wifi
Tuition is all-inclusive except for international airfare. It includes domestic airfare within Thailand from our other program locations.

• Staff
  • Organization

Alana
North Carolina
Queens University of Charlotte

Marine Bonus Week

This trip was incredible. Koh Tao is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The water was crystal blue and we learned so much about conservation efforts going on with the coral reefs. My favorite part was being able to go scuba diving! We also go the chance to snorkel everyday and help out with fish surveys along the reef. Overall, this experience was amazing and I hope to go back soon!

Brittney
Cleveland, OH

Marine bonus week in koh tao !

Marine bonus week in Koh Tao was by far my favorite experience of the whole trip. From the snorkeling everyday to scuba diving! It's literally an experience you must have while out in Thailand. I loved seeing the beautiful sea turtles in their natural habitat all while learning about them made it more interesting to see. I also love having the option to go to yoga every morning prior to lecture, it was so peaceful & got my mind right before the day started. Everyone at New Heaven diving school were great. They were patient with me & made me feel so welcomed to be there. I highly recommend taking the marine bonus week, it's the perfect way to end your Thailand trip ! I would definitely love to go back.

Danielle
2 months old
Washington
Washington State University

Amazing week!

The marine bonus week was an amazing way to end my time with loop abroad in Thailand. It was such a fun week on a beautiful island. All the staff and people at New Heaven Dive School were absolutely amazing and all of the activities we did were new experiences for me. I loved having the opportunity to learn more about marine life and learning how to scuba dive! Overall I would recommend this bonus week to everybody. Koh Tao is definitely not a place to miss while in Thailand!

I loved the program. I think everybody should have the chance to scuba dive!

This is Loop Abroad's 8th year offering exciting animal and teaching programs in Asia and Africa. We offer summer and semester programs for people who love animals, travel, adventure, and authentic experiences. Each program is an opportunity for students to get hands-on experience with greatly