Loop Abroad: Marine Bonus Week in Koh Tao, Thailand

This one-week bonus program can be added to any two-week Loop Abroad summer program. We travel to Koh Tao, "Turtle Island" in the South of Thailand to spend a week living at the beach. We learn about marine conservation in both a course and hands-on setting and get into the ocean each day for snorkel adventures around the island. You may see tropical fish, sea turtles, sharks, octopi, sea urchins, giant clams, coral, and many other sea creatures each day. You also get a chance to participate in conservation projects such as helping to re-grow coral through the creation of artificial reefs. This program is a LOT of in-water time and includes a SCUBA component as well.

• Snorkeling, SCUBA, sea turtles, marine conservation

• Staff 10
  • Organization 9.5
Ashli

PARADISE!

DO THE MARINE BONUS WEEK!!!!! This week didn’t really apply to vet school.. but it was my favorite. It’s so much fun! The island is easily the most beautiful place I have ever been to. Getting scuba certified is so cool and the dive instructors are amazing (Jan is the best, so you’re lucky if you get him). This week will open up your eyes to a lot of the sad reality going on in our oceans and you’ll come home a new person, I promise. You’ll take recycling and saving our planet to the next level after learning everything about marine conservation. After the dives every day you have a lot of freedom to eat where you want, shop, and explore the island. The dorms you’ll be staying in are brand new and so nice, with air conditioning! Everything is so relaxed this whole week, you’re on island time. Highly suggest this bonus week! It’s only an extra 1300 or so, you’re already in Thailand for 2 weeks so just stay down for the extra fun!!

N/A. This week has been perfected.
Alana

Marine Bonus Week

This trip was incredible. Koh Tao is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The water was crystal blue and we learned so much about conservation efforts going on with the coral reefs. My favorite part was being able to go scuba diving! We also go the chance to snorkel everyday and help out with fish surveys along the reef. Overall, this experience was amazing and I hope to go back soon!

Brittney

Marine bonus week in koh tao !

Marine bonus week in Koh Tao was by far my favorite experience of the whole trip. From the snorkeling everyday to scuba diving! It's literally an experience you must have while out in Thailand. I loved seeing the beautiful sea turtles in their natural habitat all while learning about them made it more interesting to see. I also love having the option to go to yoga every morning prior to lecture, it was so peaceful & got my mind right before the day started. Everyone at New Heaven diving school were great. They were patient with me & made me feel so welcomed to be there. I highly recommend taking the marine bonus week, it's the perfect way to end your Thailand trip ! I would definitely love to go back.

Danielle

Amazing week!

The marine bonus week was an amazing way to end my time with loop abroad in Thailand. It was such a fun week on a beautiful island. All the staff and people at New Heaven Dive School were absolutely amazing and all of the activities we did were new experiences for me. I loved having the opportunity to learn more about marine life and learning how to scuba dive! Overall I would recommend this bonus week to everybody. Koh Tao is definitely not a place to miss while in Thailand!

I loved the program. I think everybody should have the chance to scuba dive!

About Loop Abroad

Loop Abroad has been offering exciting animal and teaching programs abroad since 2009. We offer summer and semester programs for people who love animals, travel, adventure, and authentic experiences. With programs in Asia, Africa, Australia and...