• Belize

Pricing

$2,898 USD
15 - 20 hours of community service
Interactive intercultural learning co-curriculum
Housing 8 nights / 9 days in Belize (double & triple occupancy)
Breakfast & dinner (some lunch)
4 group excursions
Airport transfers in Belize (group arrival and departure days only)
Daily transportation to project site
Emergency Medical Insurance
Pre-departure orientation
On-site orientation
24 / 7 participant support
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Some Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance
What's Not Included
Airfare Some Meals
Jul 28, 2021
Sep 30, 2018

Engage beyond your borders in a service-learning program that invites you to connect directly and meaningfully to the people and cultures of Belize.

Our community projects will help you will gain practical career-oriented skills, hone your personal interest and increase your cultural understanding while you engage in an interactive intercultural co-curriculum.

Make a lasting positive impact through projects such as classroom renovation, literacy development, reforestation, and so much more.

Service-learning and civic engagement clubs are encouraged to contact us to arrange for custom dates if our advertised dates conflict with their availability. Join us!

Program Highlights

• Community projects that contributes to human development
  • Minimum of 15 hours dedicated to community service
  • Cultural, historical excursions, and guest lectures
  • Interactive intercultural learning co-curriculum
  • Community partners committed to participant learning

Program Impact

Participants in the Service-learning in Belize program will have a unique opportunity to positively impact local communities through their enrichment projects. Imagine enhancing classrooms, working on murals, supporting reforestation, contributing to literacy development in underserved communities, or supporting other local grassroots organizations in meaningful ways.

We invite you to visit our website and our Delivering THE SLE FACTOR™ page to learn how your time with us positively impacts our communities.

ChrisTindle
Chris

My Time in the Serving in Belize

While the service learning was not academically challenging; that was not the point of this experience. Instead, the time in Belize revolved around experience, cultural identity, and a celebration of others cultural identities. Throughout my stay we visited the San Ignacio Marketplace, we visited Xunatunich, an ancient Mayan Temple, we cooked with Garifuna and Kriol people some of their traditional foods and it was incredible. This, in addition to, we painted classrooms for some of the most joyous kids I've ever seen. They were so full of life and curiosity; very indicative of the Belizean people as a whole. Everywhere we went we were asked as many questions about where we were from as we asked the locals. Overall it was an incredible experience and we did so much more than can be mentioned in a single review.

I would love to see more of a focus on the Garifuna and Kriol people that inhabit Belize. As a black man; it was very important to see cultural representation outside of the United States. It was very important for me to see people of color outside of the normal standards of the United States. I think it would have been nice to delve deeper into the differences of our black culture versus the Belizean black culture.
Marquis

Studying Abroad With Toucan Education Program July 2018.

Studying abroad with TEP was my first time out if the country. My FIRST TIME ON A PLANE. I have always been afraid to fly but I am so glad I tackled that fear this past summer (2018) because the experience was amazing. The diversity of the cultures, the tropical environment, and let us not forget about the FOOD all was great. I cannot wait to go back to Belize. Our endeavors while there gave us real-life experience with people who are different but, everyone there accepted us with one arms. I learned so much more about the world because of this eye opening experience. Ms. Rhondine, Ms. Abbiola, Mr. Roberto, and Ms. Elissa treated our cohort so well. Thank you soooooo much for the opportunity.

Katie

Wonderful experience

I went as college staff with a group of students and I could not have been more impressed with the support we received and the people that we met. Our students did not want to leave! We made so many connections and memories, and I saw a lot of individual growth in our students-- some of whom had never even traveled on a plane! Wonderful food, top-notch service, and really wonderful people met along every step of the way, from the program providers themselves to the people we were put in contact with. There was something for everyone in this experience, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has never traveled internationally before as a first experience (though I would recommend it to veteran travelers as well!)