Multiple Locations +3

Airfare
Apr 28, 2022
Jun 13, 2022
1 traveler is looking at this program

At Therapy Adventures, we establish free pediatric therapy clinics that offer exceptional speech, occupational, physical, and ABA therapy services across Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.

For many, receiving therapy is far-fetched and not feasible, and at Therapy Adventures, we see this as precisely the reason why providing access to life-changing therapies is invaluable. Our brothers and sisters worldwide deserve the access and opportunities to receive treatments. The fact that this is challenging is irrelevant; rather, it excites us and our volunteers. Therapy Adventures will allow you to contribute to long-term and sustainable development programs that bolster the local capacity to provide therapy. We believe ALL children should have access to pediatric therapies, no matter the location or circumstance.

Therapy Adventures will help your resume stand out with a unique international experience that demonstrates your heart's desire to help others.

Program Highlights

• International travel across Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.
  • Access to short-term 1 and 2 week volunteer programs
  • Spanish language learning opportunities
  • OTs, SLPs, PTs, and BCBAs can serve for 6 months to 1 year as a lead clinician at our various international clinics
  • Graduate students in the fields of Speech, OT, or PT can participate in a 12-16 week practicum and fieldwork experience

• 9-10 rating 66.67%
  • 7-8 rating 33.33%
Koraima
No, I don't recommend this program

Impactful Eye Opener

This was such an impactful experience due to the fact that you are serving in a different country and surrounded by individuals who want to make a difference. I traveled to Panama with Therapy Adventures and was able to experience so much ranging from a new beautiful environment to a therapeutic orphanage. I got the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and offer support at an orphanage called Casa Providencia. At Casa Providencia, I was able to interact with the children and work alongside such knowledgable staff.
In addition to the orphanage, I had the opportunity to tour around Panama. Panama is such a beautiful place filled with wild life. Spending time in Panama helped me experience a new culture and perspective.

Pros
  • Experiencing new culture
  • Working alongside different disciplines such as OT and Speech
  • Exploring Wild Life
Cons
  • Adjusting to different environment / weather (health)
Rubi

Extremely meaningful and rewarding experience!

I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to have traveled with Therapy Adventures. I got the opportunity to immerse myself in a different culture, make a meaningful impact on children in need, explore wildlife, and meet many incredible individuals. Visiting Casa Providencia on Panama was life-changing. I was able to collaborate with staff, play with their amazing kiddos, and train staff on promoting communication. If you are on the fence about going, I would say to go for it! It's really a once in a lifetime experience that you will always remember.

Pros
  • Explore new places
  • Contribute to incredible organizations in need
  • Meet new people
Sandra

Therapy Adventures Panama March Trip

Therapy Adventures gave me a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I cannot be more
thankful for. I applied to be a part of the Panama trip in the spring of 2022 and was immediately hooked by the idea of seeing a whole new world while gaining beneficial experience for my future career path in speech-language pathology.
The shift to warm weather from Wisconsin’s freezing temperatures was a wonderful
greeting upon arrival. My group and I were transported to Casa Paraiso, a beautiful base with the most amazing rainforest-like backyard you have ever seen. Our stay was accommodated with any needs we expressed, and we quickly realized how genuine and caring the people of Panama are.
With the most fantastic group of children and staff, Casa Providencia had my heart
instantly. Despite the language barrier, I was able to form the most amazing connections with the happiest group of kiddos you’ve ever seen. Our group leaders were incredible with direction as to how we can help and play and guided us through strategies used in ABA therapy and how we can help the staff apply tools to strengthen their already exceptional methods. My favorite learning experience was being able to work with the Speech-Langauge Pathologist, who focussed primarily on the feeding of the children at Casa Providencia. My group leader was able to translate for me, and I learned the many aspects of feeding and swallowing. As for the staff, I was mesmerized by their care for these children and how strong their connections have grown.
My favorite memory at Casa Providencia was when we were playing outside with the kiddos, and a caregiver asked me if I wanted to play soccer with them. As we included every child that wanted to play in our game, my heart grew warmer with the smiles and laughs, and that is a moment I will never forget.
After our visits to Casa Providencia, we were able to explore the beautiful country of
Panama, I highly suggest looking out the window while in the car! We visited areas such as
Casco Viejo took a boat tour through Gamboa, which included the Panama Canal, and even
spent a day at the beach in the clear Caribean Sea! I must also add that Panamanian food is fantastic; expect lots of chicken and rice, but the Panamanian way!
The trip would not have been possible without our extraordinary leaders, who strived to
teach us while maintaining a balance of fun! I am so thankful to have met these amazing women who have impacted how I view the world and my future.
I am beyond grateful to have been a part of this amazing group, seen amazing sights, and
contributed to an incredible organization called Casa Providencia. Thank you, Therapy
Adventures, for the adventure of a lifetime!

Pros
  • Immersion in new cultures
  • Learning new skills
  • Discover new interests