This program is no longer offered. View more programs from International Volunteer Services.
Affordable Volunteer Programs in Bolivia from $250

Affordable Volunteer Programs in Bolivia from $250

INTVS offers a variety of highly affordable volunteer opportunities in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Centrally situated in Bolivia, Cochabamba is a lovely, safe city with a year-round agreeable climate, but is also the perfect hub from which volunteers organize many trips together to visit some of the amazing natural and man-made sights that Bolivia has to offer.

INTVS Volunteer Programs available in Cochabamba:
- Hospitalized children’s program
- Domestic violence program
- Medical and Diabetes program
- Amphibian program

Highlights:
- Volunteers stay either in one of the many volunteer houses or can stay with a local family. The volunteers have private or shared rooms. The houses are fully equipped and are located very close to the center of Cochabamba.
- NGO staff provides orientation and organize a variety of cultural and social activities.
- Volunteers can also receive Spanish lessons at an extra cost.

South America » Bolivia » Cochabamba
South America » Bolivia
Prices include accomodation (either at one of the volunteer houses or at a family stay), an induction program, on-going support, internet access (at the main volunteer house), unlimited phone calls to over 60 countries, pick up from the Cochabamba airport from Monday to Friday between 08:30 and 18:30), a cleaning service and a US$75 mini grant to be used by the volunteers on a cause of their choice.

Zachary
Boulder, Colorado
University of Colorado- Boulder

One Heck of An Experience!

I spent four months living and volunteering in the beautiful Bolivian city of Cochabamba. This was my first time traveling abroad solo and I was looking for an experience that would complement my degree in biology while allowing me time to pursue language courses. This program was all of that and much more! I was able to find a volunteer placement that fit my needs (and boy were there many to choose from) and take all of the spanish classes that I could handle. I quickly found myself becoming more and more immersed in the culture as I developed wonderful relationships with the people I met along the way.
I definitely felt like I was helping to achieve a greater goal day to day at my volunteer placement, which was working to conserve endangered Bolivian amphibian species. I will note, however, that I had to be motivated and often push my ideas with constant reminders and meetings with my superiors in order to get things done. Other volunteers seemingly had similar experiences with their respective placements as well. This is not necessarily a 'bad thing' it just means that in order to feel like you are achieving your goals within the organization you may have to be ready to put some extra work in.
Overall I would highly recommend this program. I came for the language and volunteer experience and left with so much more!

I would say give longer term volunteers an option of jumping directly into their program or waiting a few days and getting to know the city/transportation/routes etc. I know that some people don't have much time and want to get going immediately, but it is nice to have the option to settle in a bit before having to navigate the city and figure out your place in your organization.

Catrin
UK
University of Bath

Great experience!!

I had a great time in Cochabamba, 'the land of eternal spring'! The program was very flexible and enabled me to volunteer exactly where I wanted and do exactly what I wanted to do! It also gave me the opportunity to fully immerse myself in Bolivian culture and the language. The experience was unforgettable and will remain with me for many years to come as well as helping to shape my future plans!

I highly recommend this program!

We are an international volunteer organization, with programs in South East Asia and South America, which differentiates itself, above all, along three lines:

- By offering a very personalized service in English, French and Spanish, of programs that we ourselves have either personally volunteered on,