- La Paz
View Other Details
* Pick-up and transfers from/to the respective airport at your location on arrival and departure
* Preparation materials including intercultural preparation
* Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
* Assistance with visa application
* 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
* Local SIM card with 60 Bolivianos airtime credit
* Volunteering certificate
* Accommodation at shared apartment with other participants
* 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on your behalf on the slopes of Kilimanjaro as a CO2 compensation of your flight
Bolivia: Embark on an adventure through fascinating landscapes and colonial cities and dedicate your time and skills to a good cause! In the city of Cochabama, we offer volunteer placements and internships in education/teaching, childcare, medicine, nursing, environmental protection, ecology, and others. Our options include:
* Medical electives and healthcare internships at a hospital
* Teaching and homework tutoring at local schools
* Permaculture farming
* Childcare for abandoned or neglected children
* Daycare and learning support for children whose parents are in prison
* Internships in biology, ecology, and environmental technology (incl. climate research and environmental education)
* Support girls and women from disadvantaged social backgrounds
Bolivia enjoys a very rich indigenous culture. Complement your volunteer placement or internship with a course in Spanish, Quechua or Aymara!
Video and Photos
- Social Work & Teaching: Choose from a variety of projects, including schools, nurseries and day care centers and help to make a difference for children and youth from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Climate Research & Environmental Conservation: Gain experience in your field of studies from another cultural perspective
- Hospitals: Learn more about different health care systems and get hands-on medical experience
- Psychology: Support women & girls from disadvantaged family backgrounds and improve your Spanish skills
- Explore Bolivia's rich indigenous culture and travel the country in your free time, together with other participants of our programs.
An internship or volunteer placement in Bolivia not only gives you the opportunity to get to know a new country, but also makes an important contribution to the work of your internship / volunteering organisation. With your stay, you will contribute to more intercultural networking and understanding!
Did you know that we plant 10 indiginous trees at the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania for each participant in our worldwide programs, to offset the carbon emissions of your long-haul flight? Yes, traveling and protecting the environment at the same time is possible!
In Cochabamba we can provide medical elective placements and internships for students and trainees in medicine, nursing and physiotherapy at the hospital COMBASE. Also pre-medical and pre-nursing internships can be arranged! Gain hands-on experience, expand your practical medical skills and learn about Bolivia's health care system.
You want to get involved in a project that supports children from socially disadvantaged backgrounds? In Cochabamba, Bolivia, we arrange volunteering placements at various facilities dedicated to the well-being of children in difficult life conditions. Also supervised interships for students of social work, education and psychology are possible.
Support a leading South American non-profit organisation in the areas of environmental education, climate research and environmental research. Supervised internships and volunteer work in the fields of biology, ecology, project management and environmental technology are possible; you can also participate in research activities.
The organization Mosoj Yan, which means "New Way" in the Quechua language, is committed to the protection and positive development of girls from difficult backgrounds. We can arrange volunteer placements supporting the organisation's education and prevention programs. In addition, internships are possible for students of social work and psychology.