- Improve your Spanish language skills by communicating with your home stay families and navigating your way around towns in real life situations.
- Lend a hand and give back by volunteering in needy rural communities.
- Explore exciting cities and famous archaeological sites, including Machu Picchu.
- Learn first-hand about diverse ecosystems, including the Galapagos Islands, the Salt Plains in Bolivia, the Andes Mountains, and the Ecuadorian Amazon.
- Make lifelong memories and friends by traveling in a small team of like-minded peers.
College Credit now available!
Explore the cultures of South America with Youth International in spring or fall of 2018! As a Youth International participant, you will travel through Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador for three months. Traveling with a group of 14 peers and 2 group leaders, you will have the opportunity to do volunteer work, trek in the Andes, live with families, improve your Spanish, and learn first-hand about diverse aspects of the culture. Dates for the spring 2018 program are: February 15 to May 9. Visit the Youth International website for a daily itinerary.
Youth International takes you to some of South America's most amazing destinations, including Machu Picchu, the Amazon rainforest, and the Galapagos Islands. About a third of the trip is dedicated to service work. Service projects in 2018 include: Conservation work on a rainforest reserve in Ecuador, building a school in a village in Bolivia, and teaching English in an orphanage in Peru. Challenge your limits with Youth International!