What's on your South America bucket list? Galapagos Islands, Amazon Rainforest, Machu Picchu, Spanish lessons? All this and more are included in our South America program that takes you to Peru, Ecuador, and Bolivia. With Youth International, you learn first-hand about diverse aspects of the cultures through volunteer work, outdoor expeditions, living with host families, and a variety of workshops and activities.
About a third of the trip is dedicated to service work, including these projects planned for this year: conservation work on a rainforest reserve in the Amazon in Ecuador, building a school in a village in Bolivia, and teaching English in a village in Peru.
YI programs present a unique opportunity for personal growth. Participants are asked to embrace the uncertainty of stepping outside of their physical, psychological, and emotional comfort zone.
Dates for the next upcoming programs are: September 14 to December 6, 2021.
- Improve your Spanish language skills by communicating with your home stay families and navigating your way around towns in real life situations.
- Challenge yourself with a 5-day trek in the Andes Mountains.
- Explore lively cities and famous archaeological sites, including Machu Picchu.
- Learn first-hand about diverse ecosystems, including the Galapagos Islands, the Salt Plains in Bolivia, the Andes Mountains, and the Ecuadorian Amazon.
- Make lifelong memories and friends by traveling in a small team of like-minded peers.
Join us in Thailand this December
>>> 25 days in Thailand (Fall, 2020)
>>> 31 days in Nepal (Spring, 2021)
Visit our website for complete itineraries!