Program Accredited by the Gap Year Association
Experience the South American way of life by traveling with a small group of peers and 2 experienced leaders on a 12 week experiential learning semester. With Youth International, you learn first-hand about diverse aspects of the cultures, through volunteer work, outdoor expeditions, living with host families, and a variety of workshops and activities.
About a third of the trip is dedicated to service work, including these projects planned for this year: conservation work on a rainforest reserve in Ecuador, building a school in a village in Bolivia, and teaching English in an orphanage in Peru.
Dates for the spring 2019 program are: February 27 to May 21. Visit the Youth International website for a daily itinerary.
- Improve your Spanish language skills by communicating with your home stay families and navigating your way around towns in real life situations.
- Lend a hand and give back by volunteering.
- Explore lively cities and famous archaeological sites, including Machu Picchu.
- Learn first-hand about diverse ecosystems, including the Galapagos Islands, the Salt Plains in Bolivia, the Andes Mountains, and the Ecuadorian Amazon.
- Make lifelong memories and friends by traveling in a small team of like-minded peers.