GapGuru works with some inspirational partner schools and local organisations in the city of Arusha.
Arusha is a fascinating city where you will find modern office buildings, 5 star hotels and upmarket coffee shops; however, you will also see local women sitting on the side of the roads selling huge avocados or cooking corn on the cob on a fire, and you will also meet Masaai men in their traditional shukas.
Volunteers in Tanzania have plenty of options for exciting ways to spend their weekends. They can visit waterfalls and hot springs, a Masaai market, or the Cultural Heritage Centre (the largest contemporary art gallery Africa). GapGuru can also arrange 3 or 5 day safaris and, for anyone looking for a real challenge, we can arrange a 6 day Mount Kilimanjaro trek.
- Teach English in Tanzania: Teach English to children and adults in the Tanzanian community. You will receive fantastic assistance with your lesson planning and guidance with lesson delivery. Get involved with improving the English-speaking skills of nursery children, primary school children, and local Masaai groups.
- Tanzania Adventure: Volunteer for 3 weeks on one of our community projects, getting to know local people, exploring the area and using your time to make a difference. Follow this up with an amazing safari week in Africa’s top wildlife and game parks.
- Tanzania Encompassed: Volunteer for 4 weeks on one of our community projects, getting to know local people, exploring the area and using your time to make a difference. Next, you’ll take on a challenging 6-day trek to reach the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro – the world’s tallest free-standing mountain. Finish up with an amazing safari week in Africa’s top wildlife and game parks.
- Travelling to Teach in Tanzania: This is a 3-week summer holiday programme for qualified teachers, designed to fit into the 6-week break. Make the most of your skills and experience by adding huge value to the curriculum in a Tanzanian school.
- Add on excursions include: Kilimanjaro trek, Meru trek, 3 day safari, 5 day safari