Cambodian Children's Destiny | Volunteer in a Cambodia School

Cambodian Children's Destiny | Volunteer in a Cambodia School

For those interested to discover real and authentic Cambodia we offer the TEACHING program in the school in Phum O, Sangvuey Commune, Chikreng District, 45 km away from Siem Reap. This particular school is established with the aim for children from the area not to pay for the basic education as it is the case in public schools. Elementary education in Cambodia is not free of charge and most of Cambodian inhabitants live in poverty what consequently makes children vulnerable and easy to exploit. This is what we want to combat by teaching them English language, Computer skills and Morality. Therefore, volunteers can decide whether they want to help children with English language or Computer skills for 3 to 4 hours a day. The gratefulness of the children is priceless and rewarding for all people involved. The school is run mostly by monks who will be happy to share the information and knowledge about culture and religion of the locals to the new volunteers.

Asia » Cambodia » Siem Reap
Asia » Cambodia
1 Year+
Package one: $175 per week, include accommodation, three meals per day (local food), transfer from the city. * (Pick up from the airport and take to the village only)

– Package two: $215 per week, include accommodation, three meals per day(local food), transfer from the city also include cultural tour of the area.

Kate

A part of the family

Due to a fortunate set of circumstances I ended up visiting Cambodian Children's Destiny English school whilst on a break from teaching in Australia during the September holidays.
As an educator it was so encouraging to see both the optimism of the staff and the supporting expats and the level of professionalism that they are striving to incorporate into everything they do.
The founder Sokhun, and it seems his extended family and community, make you feel so welcomed and valued. My husband and I even had special time with the teachers and friends to explore the local dam area and were included in the cultural life of the village when we visited the local pagoda during Pchuem Ben celebrations.
Needless to say that as soon as I returned home to the Gold Coast in Australia, I booked tickets to return to help out in a greater capacity for a further 3 weeks in December.(My hubby will join for one week)
The children in my class in Australia have been collecting and making things to send over and have loved hearing about this amazing school, about the founder Sokhun's selfless work and dream to leave the world a better place by helping the children of his village learn English and for the school to one day be a model of sustainability and self reliance.
Just spending time with this wonderful group of people and the student's is nourishing for your soul, and believe me you will want to come back.
I will be doing a part-time home stay at a local village house during the week and spending the weekends in Siem Reap in December.
Book the flight, enjoy conversing with the students and experience a unique side to Cambodia!
Kate

The home stay arrangements are in their infancy so stay tuned to how it pans out for people who want to be closer to the school. A Go Fund me or another social media event to help raise funds for the school would be helpful if we had someone to coordinate this.

Linda
Goulburn

Our visit to CCD

What an amazing experience while helping in the school. We went in thinking we were there to teach as we are teachers but came away learning far more than we could ever teach. Teaching the children was just as fun as learning new things from them. We were lucky enough to take some resources over to the school and the children drew some pictures for us that we were able to bring back to our school and share the experience with the children at home. Amazing children, people and families. Can't wait to go back and see all the progress. Truly the most wonderful experience of my life.

Cambodian Children's Destiny (CCD) is the organization whose main mission is to provide free of charge education for the children in a Phum O area, Chikreng district, near Siem Reap. This is due to the fact that elementary education in Cambodia is not free of