This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Tribe Adventures.
Cambodian Village Adventure: Build & Repair Community Facilities

Cambodian Village Adventure: Build & Repair Community Facilities

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Tribe Adventures.

If you want to experience the real Cambodia, this program will make it happen. You will build friendships and leave a legacy of improvements for families and rural communities in Cambodia.

It is a special experience working side by side with local villagers. You will:
- build new facilities for impoverished families and communities
- repair and refurbish school classrooms, playground equipment and sanitation facilities
- cook and share lunch with the villagers
- become part of the life of the village community

Of a night you'll be tasting some of Siem Reap's finest cuisine as you sample the variety of restaurants available.

This is an experience that will give you a new outlook on life and open your eyes to the real Cambodia. You will be moved by the drive and inspiration of the people as they strive to improve their lives and the opportunities for their children. You'll be staggered by how little they have and yet how happy and grateful they are.

Asia » Cambodia » Siem Reap
Asia » Cambodia
Guesthouse
WHAT’S INCLUDED?

• Airport collection and return
• All meals – you’ll cook lunch with the community and eat at different local restaurants each night
• All accommodation
• Khmer language classes
• Travel to the project site
• Drinking water
• 24/7 support
• Building Materials
• “Preparing to go” booklet
• Access to the fundraising kit
• Donations to the local school

Christina
Australia

Wonderful Cambodia

The program was more than I expected and I couldn't be happier with what it turned out to be. I loved the people during my first week of volunteering and couldn't have asked for a better Team Leader - Bun. Working in the village was one of the most incredible things I have ever done. Not necessarily because of the work but because of the people.
The jobs we did made an obvious difference. Repairing homes for scholarship students was such a rewarding feeling.
I truly do feel like I've made a worthwhile contribution to the community. I would absolutely recommend Tribe Cambodia Village Adventure to my friends. I would tell them that the experience is one of the most life changing things I have ever done. The program is not only a great way to help others but also learn so much about yourself.

I would have liked to stay in the village for at least one night. The villagers were so hospitable, they became like friends.

JA
Canada
Vancouver Island University

Once in a lifetime experience

From the first moment planning the trip all the way to the last minute leaving Cambodia, the staff were more than helpful and completely genuine in their love for volunteering abroad. My team leader, Scott, was one of the most inspiring people I have had the pleasure of getting to know, let alone volunteer with. I will never forget my experiences in the village, helping people who really need the support and making a significant and immediate impact in their day-to-day lives. Dancing, playing soccer and seeing the smiles of the young children, after a hard days work building a school house or thatching a roof, made every drop of sweat more than worth it. Later in the trip being able to interact with elephants was so surreal. I never would have imagined that we would get so much one-on-one time with the elephants and get to interact with them so closely. Definitely another aspect of the trip I will never forget. There are too many positive things to say about this organization in one review, all I can say is that it is MORE than worth whatever money you spend. "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." I will forever be a TEMPLE RAIDER!

The only thing I would change about the trip is a slight decrease in the program fees. However, even after paying the first time I already booked another program and plan to do so in the future regardless of the cost. Asking for it to be cheaper will always be a request no matter the organization or the cost, people like to save money.

Brittany
Edmonton, Alberta
University of Alberta

Trip of a lifetime

They provided amazing team leaders that were amazing both personally and professionally. They made sure you were having an amazing time. Simple the fact that the relationship the organization had with the locals we interacted with made you realize how great the program was. I loved working with amazing Cambodian locals that you grew so attached to, and experiencing the culture and fun Siem Reap had to offer. I can only hope that I can go back!

Make critical choices on the packing list! I filled my suitcase with things I didn't need, and left behind things that would have made my trip better. A specific packing list for my trip would have helped me prepare better.

Want to be fully immersed in a foreign culture, eat exotic cuisines and experience the thrills and uniqueness of local transport, then we have adventures for you! You’ll see World Heritage sites, pristine jungle flora and fauna, some of the most unique animals on the