- Cape Verde
View Other Details
One week: 275 €
Two weeks: 340 €
Three weeks: 400 €
50 € for each additional week
The islands of Cabo Verde host rich biodiversity, both marine and terrestrial.
Sal Island is no different, where we can find the biggest red-billed tropicbird colony on the west coast of Africa. It is also home to thousands of nesting loggerhead sea turtles each year, and it is where we can find many endangered species of trees and shrubs. All of this biodiversity is found in beautiful habitats of white sand beaches and sand dune systems, seasonal wetlands, salt mines, offshore islet, and steep cliffs. Unfortunately, over the last decade, unregulated activities within the protected areas have put ecosystems at risk, with activities such as illegal sand removal, destruction of the dunes due to touristic excursions, poaching of protected species, and pollution. Our volunteering programme is conducted in a protected area, carrying out different activities with fauna and flora, to increase the protection of this habitat and guarantee these species can continue to thrive in the future.
- Volunteering period from January 25th to December 15th;
- As a critical part of our team you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the conservation the island's flora and fauna;
- The project encompasses monitoring bird colonies, different plant species, beach and dunes clean-ups, signalizing and delimiting areas within the natural reserves, census of fauna and flora;
- Join an international team and enjoy an exchange of cultures while exploring Sal Island. You can take surf lessons, go diving in caves and shipwrecks, experiment the local cusine and music, or just enjoy the beach!
- If you are looking for your first experience working in conservation, are taking a career break, or just wish to spend your holidays doing something meaningful, this is the opportunity for you!