Valparaíso and Viña del Mar are coastal sister cities 68 miles northwest of Santiago. A city of seafaring traditions and grand hilltop views, Valparaíso is known as “the Jewel of the Pacific.” Valparaíso functions as the primary commercial harbor, naval base, and seat of political power for the country.
ISA Service-Learning provides opportunities to serve in local community centers, clinics, education centers, and many other community-oriented organizations in Valparaíso and Viña del Mar, Chile. Throughout your program, you will participate in an academic program aimed at helping you critically reflect on your experiences in Chile.
Each service-learning placement is unique, so visit the ISA Service-Learning website to learn more about the specific program options available in Chile. We especially recommend our Chilean sites to those interested in working with people who have special needs or in education.
- Receive personalized advising on service opportunities and program options that are the best fit for you. You will receive confirmation of the community-based organization you have been matched with before departure.
- Begin your transition to daily life in your new country and culture on the Bridging Cultures Program, our in-country orientation.
- Benefit from the ISA office, located directly across from the Pontificial Catholic University. Enjoy the company of your fellow service-learning participants and ISA students, staff, Wi-Fi internet, and a short walk to the ocean.
- Have the opportunity to earn academic credit.
- Demonstrate the professional, cultural, and personal competencies you acquired while on the program through reflection-based assignments and activities that make up the ISA Service-Learning Portfolio.
ISA Scholarships and Financial Aid
ISA is committed to increasing all students’ access to study abroad’s many benefits. We don't let financial hardships to get in the way of a life changing educational experience.