COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Oyster Worldwide has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
The program offers the chance to practice your Spanish skills, whilst indulging in the local lifestyle of beautiful Patagonia, Chile. As a volunteer, you will help teach English in a local school, aiming to improve the standard of English taught there. If you are keen to get more involved, there is also an opportunity to coach sports.
The project includes an excellent 3 day orientation when you arrive - including rafting and cooking class. Not only does this provide an extremely friendly welcome for the volunteers, but gives you the chance to get to know one another whilst gaining confidence in your Spanish ability.
The traditional town of Coyhaique, surrounded by the Patagonian mountains, is an incredible place to live. You will have plenty of opportunities to explore the stunning landscape and learn about the Chilean culture. This is a once in a lifetime chance to immerse yourself in a friendly Spanish speaking community by living with a local family.
- Spend time exploring the stunning Patagonian mountains.
- Spend time in a local school with the enthusiastic kids.
- Live with a Chilean family and learn about the culture.
- Meet like-minded volunteers and work together to plan lessons and explore the countryside.
- Full cultural immersion as you get to know the host family.