Teach English to a Host Family in China with CHI

Teach English to a Host Family in China with CHI

In addition to our usual homestay programs. we are excited to announce that we also have some Au Pair Abroad, International Internship and Volunteer Abroad opportunities in select countries. We can also design Gap Year by combining multiple programs tailor made just for you!

Become a conversation volunteer in China with Cultural Homestay International's World Explorers! This unique program pairs volunteers up with a host-family in China giving them the opportunity to learn about Chinese culture and traditions while volunteering their time teaching English to their host-families. Placements are made throughout China, and volunteer are asked to be open-minded about opening up to a new culture. Recent placements have been in Beijing, Shenzen and Shanghai.

On a weekly basis, volunteers will be asked to provide a maximum of 15 hours of English lessons a week. During your free time, you are free to explore China and explore one of the oldest nations rich with culture and history. Visit the CHI website to learn more about the conservation volunteer program in China.

• Get room and board in exchange for teaching English to your host family for 15 hours per week!
  • Learn Mandarin
  • Make new friends and have fun
  • Safe Travel option
Shenzen

Cullen
Brooklyn, New York

ECVA in Beijing, China

I went to China with ECVA for a month last summer. I had already been to China twice on high school trips and had taken 6 years of Mandarin classes so I already relatively had a good handle on the language. I still ended up having a lot to learn and managed to improve my language skills in a way I wouldn't have in the classroom.

I lived with a family in Beijing that had a 6 year old boy that was already learning English in school. My lessons with him quickly became very informal (at his parents' request). Most days we would play or go somewhere with his parents and speak as much English as possible.

ECVA also set me up with language classes during the week, which I would suggest. Even though the other students were a lower skill level than me, it was a great way to meet other English speakers. I ended up becoming good friends with my classmates and hanging out with them a lot.

Overall I would definitely recommend it if you are interested in going to China. ECVA has a lot less structure than a lot of other study abroad programs (and it is more difficult because of that), but the amount of freedom you are given also makes it much more interesting.

Proshanta
Dhaka, Bangladesh

English conversation volunteer

I am an English teacher here in my country. Here I teach English and in my country from the root level of education English is compulsory. So, sometimes we have to face problem in the village area where pronunciation difficulties are the main problem and another one is the lack of practical environment. But we overcome it day by day practice.

I have no problem if necessary to change anything.

Cultural Homestay International is an international non-profit organization dedicated to increasing cultural awareness through people-to-people exchanges. CHI believes that the best way to build bridges and friendships between culture is to experience different cultures, values, and customs first-hand.

In the spirit of cross-cultural exchange, CHI