• Costa Rica

Age Max
Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Host Family Hostel
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)
Travel Type

5 weeks $1484
6 weeks $1620
7 weeks $1757
8 weeks $1893

A registration fee of US$200 is applied to your program upon booking.
What's Included
Accommodation Airport Transfers Some Meals Wifi
What's Not Included
Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Some Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa
Jun 11, 2021
Apr 03, 2020

Volunteer in Costa Rica with INLEX and join a dedicated team of international volunteers making a positive impact in various fields. Alternatively, you can intern as well if you have experience in the chosen program or related field.

Costa Rica is well known for its natural beauty, wildlife, and relaxed lifestyle. As a volunteer, you will become part of a team working towards helping the country's most vulnerable areas and helping to create better and stronger communities through education and hard work.

You can volunteer in any of these programs :
-Education
-Childcare
-Wildlife conservation
-Construction and renovation
-Women Empowerment Education
-Environmental preservation

Internship positions are available in :
-Health and medical fields
-Physiotherapy support
-Veterinary assistant
-Microfinance and business training
-Dental field.

See more information on our site, click the visit site button to see all options.

Program Highlights

• Meet other voluntees from around the world in our program
  • Explore the mesmerizing beaches of Costa Rica.
  • Enjoy Surfing and Scuba Diving on your off-day
  • Explore unique wildlife in the many rainforests Costa Rica has to offer
  • Seek thrills by zip-lining through the rainforest

Program Impact

What makes us different?

We are Local

We are not a tourism company or corporation. We are committed to supporting the communities we work in by helping local projects and the local economy.

Responsibility

We work in each of our destinations. Our in-country knowledge is key to delivering participants to projects that need it the most. We use local staff and create local employment.

Safety

INLEX evaluates participants, projects, host families, and uses only trusted providers for their programs. By using our local staff’s knowledge and criteria we can establish a safe network of programs within each country.

Experience

INLEX has been working with volunteers and interns along with designing educational programs since 2005. Our experience and impact are constantly improving our programs.

Positive impact

Projects are carefully matched the participant’s skills. The projects and companies work with a volunteer or intern who will be useful to their goals and participants get useful and rewarding experience. The best match ensures a win-win situation for each party.

Popular Programs

Volunteer in construction

The construction program in Costa Rica is great for people who like working in teams and like manual tasks. As a volunteer in construction, you could be painting, mixing cement, laying bricks, cutting wood, moving earth, drilling and more. You don’t need to have previous experience, but if you know construction or renovation it certainly helps. If you have any specific skills related to construction let us know so we can add a note on your previous experience.

Enviromental conservation with INLEX

The environmental conservation volunteer program is aimed at helping natural reserves and biological research stations cover more ground and to meet their conservation goals. Volunteers working in the environmental conservation program will be assisting park rangers. Common tasks include insect specimen collection, trail maintenance, planting trees, monitoring of plants and animals, preparation of educational material, educational workshops and visitor assistance.

Childcare in Costa Rica INLEX

Volunteer with children in Costa Rica by working in a daycare where you will be assisting local staff with cooking, elaborating educational material, playing games, teaching basic colors, letters and creating a safe environment for children from low-income communities.

Physiotherapy Internship

The physiotherapy internship program is for people that are studying or have completed a degree in physiotherapy, rehabilitation or occupational therapy. The clinic in Costa Rica focuses on individuals with restricted mobility and chronic pain. Interns can also help in physiotherapy sessions at an assisted living facility.

Wildlife conservation

The wildlife conservation volunteer program aims to help wild fauna be rehabilitated and released back into the wild. Wildlife rescue centers take in animals that have been seized by the authorities and if possible, are rehabilitated to be inserted back to their natural habitat. By volunteering in the wildlife program your tasks will be based around the animals’ well-being by preparing adequate food, feeding them, cleaning enclosures, making adequate toys, assisting staff, and more.

• 9-10 rating 69.23%
  • 7-8 rating 26.92%
  • 3-4 rating 3.85%
Carla

Costa Rica - el país más lindo

During my time in Costa Rica I got to stay with an amazing tico host family in the city of San Ramón while working in a women empowerment program. San Ramón is a beautiful and lively city and the other volunteers and I were all really happy with our projects and host families. Tanya, the program’s coordinator took great care of us and regularly planed get-togethers and trips. You will be able to pick up the Spanish pretty quickly since you are always surrounded by it - at home as well as at work. Moreover you’ll get the possibility to really get to know the wonderful people of Costa Rica and see the prettiest places. I can only recommend this program to anyone! Muchísimas gracias por todo! Tuve el mejor tiempo y quiero volver pronto

Franka

Costa Rica

All in all the program was an awesome experience. The family I stayed with was friendly, lovely and always open to help me. I really appreciated this much. Unfortunately I had to evacuate my program, due to the arising of COVID-19 and the immediate change if conditions. I could not enter my project, since I only stayed in Costa Rica for 5 weeks before the COVID-19 break out. These 5 weeks I had visited a Spanish course. All in all the experience was exceptional, even though I had to stop my project and return to Germany.

Nothing. I was content with every aspect. The families were nice and the Spanish course was very helpful.
Jenna

Magnificent!

Costa Rica (especially the people!) is truly magnificent. San Ramón has everything you need and is located extremely well for traveling around the country. The coordinator is so sweet, fun (planned many activities) and really took the time for me and us. My volunteer project was really well organized and it was special to meet the other volunteers, who I’m still friends with. Living with the host family was authentic and special. I hope I can go back some day. I’m convinced, you won’t regret going!

Greta

Una de las mejores experiencias de mi vida

Translated by Go Overseas:

I had a great time in Costa Rica; Including work on my two projects and life in a Costa Rican family, which I loved.
The volunteers are part of the families and all the families of my friends that I met were too pretty.
My family especially made me as their daughter or sister and totally as a part that made me feel super comfortable in that family and I will never forget that experience.
In my two projects (A school and a nursery) I felt very good too, because all the people are too kind and I was always a vacilon with them.
I am very grateful for everything I had in Costa Rica and for all the people I met.

Original Review:

Tenía un tiempo buenísimo en Costa Rica; incluido el trabajo en mis dos proyecto y la vida en una familia tica, que me encantó.
Los voluntarios son parte de las familias y todas las familias de mis amigas que conocí, estuvieron demasiado lindas.
La familia mía especialmente me hizo como una hija o hermana de ellos y totalmente como una parte que me hizo sentir súper cómoda en esa familia y nunca voy a olvidar ese experiencia.
En mis dos proyectos (Un colegio y una guardería) me sentí muy bien también, porque todas la personas son demasiado amables y siempre era un vacilon con ellos.
Estoy muy agradecida por todo que tenía en Costa Rica y por toda la gente que conocí.

Maybe more projects which actually need help like for example projects with construction
Daira

My experience in Costa Rica

I have spent a month in San Ramon, Costa Rica. I enjoyed my time in the programme where i have learn to care of others and be more independent. I was in a kinder garden which helps single mothers and families who have struggles. Also i loved the country and the people, who were so warm and made me feel like home. I would love to return and know more places. I really liked the culture and the joy of the people. I highly recommed doing a job as a volunteer because it helps you to grow as a person.

In the kinder garden where i worked was really nice but the person who owns the place is not so honest and sometimes doesn"t treat well the volunteers.
Seham

Internship in Costa RIca

I just finished a six months internship in Costa Roca, I had so much fun and gained a lot of knowledge in language and in my field. As a Muslim girl I went to Costa Rica with some fear and hesitation because of the very different culture but when I arrived there, the people and staff were very welcoming and understanding for these differences and I felt like home! I would encourage anyone to go for this ! The language was not a barrier because most people there speak and understand English!!!!!!

The program was very good and helpful but I would add more clinical options for students!
Profile
Elena

Amazing experience!

I had a great experience volunteering in Costa Rica. I have met incredible people and the two coordinators (Tania & David) of the program have been amazing. The host family has been also perfect.

As regards the project I have been working with people with disabilities in the Universidad de San José, helping them to enhance their oral expression skills. Comparing to previous volunteering experiences (and despite this has been the shorter period - just 2 weeks!) this has been the time that I have felt more useful for the people I have worked with. And also the best local NGO/coordinators (Integrated Learning Experiences - Volunteer
Abroad) I have met! Staying with the family facilitates also a more complete experience and sharing the same mother tongue has allowed me to connect more with local people. I had the chance to meet other volunteers, to cook local food, to know other host families, travel around this beautiful country, etc.

Nothing to complain about!
Many thanks,
Elena Sánchez

To be patient, to be sure they know they are not gonna save the world, but to live an amazing experience, sharing, learning, knowing.
Lauracatalina

Pura Vida

Living in Costa Rica was an incredible experience. I was doing the project on women empowerment and it was a great job, with a lot of things to learn and to achieve. Everybody was really welcomming and they were really nice. My family was great and I had a lot of fun with them, the room was good and the food that they gave me too! They are always open to talk and take care of your needs, wich is great when you are travelling and missing your homeland and family. Costa Rica is a really nice place to travel and it has amazing views, great people, food, beaches and animals. I was really glad that you could find really easily somebody to travel with and most of the people are open to it.
Glad to come back someday again and thank you very much!

I would improve the relationship between the volunteers by inviting them to more activities that include everybody.