Save the Turtles in Costa Rica

Join Oyster Worldwide on our turtle conservation project in beautiful Costa Rica. Gain the experience of a lifetime whilst making a serious contribution to the preservation of turtles, an issue that is in dire need of attention. The project allows you to get up close to these stunning animals, and as a result, you can really get involved in their protection and development.

During the project you will live in a remote village community, therefore encouraging you to immerse yourself in the local culture. By day, you will help with research whilst keeping a watchful eye on the hatching turtles. If not working with the turtles, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beautiful beaches from the view of a hammock, explore the community and try the local cuisine. By night, whilst on beach patrol you will see the beaches come alive with nesting turtles under the light of the Milky Way. The project is extremely worthwhile, and will give you an experience that is hard to forget.

Becky

Turtle Conservation is the Best Experience

The highlight was releasing the hatchlings everyday as well as collection the turtle eggs whilst they were being laid, I loved the hands on experience. The project site was in the most beautiful and rural location, there was so much to see and do each day. I enjoyed the surf and playing football with the locals. Some patrols could be tough when it was raining heavily out, but seeing the turtles made it all worthwhile as well as being motivated by other volunteers.
Turtle conservation was the best experience of my life and definitely like to return one day to help some more! I would highly recommend going to save the turtles!

Daniel

A life changing experience

I have spent five weeks in the magic beach of San Miguel, Costa Rica. We have been volunteering on the sea turtle project. The work was mainly during the night, patroling the beach and collecting turtle eggs in order to prevent them from beeing poached. We have collected thousands of eggs and have released thousands of baby turtles. To see the hatchlings making their way in the pacific ocean is touching the Soul.
The work in combination with the inspiring volunteers has changed my life. After returning back to Switzlerand I have left the financial industry and I have started to work for our familiy Business.

I have been thinking hard: no further ideas

About Oyster Worldwide

Oyster Worldwide is a respected gap year and responsible travel organisation. Since 2000, we have been sending volunteers and workers overseas on our exciting projects. Our friendly team is dedicated to providing a personal service, offering support...