Costa Rica Orphanage Volunteer Project-Lowest Fees & Trusted Since 2003

girl holding the animal
girl holding the animal

With Global Crossroad's Volunteer in Costa Rica program, you can follow your interests, from bird-watching to exotic rafting and other diverse activities, while you positively impact the lives of deserving Costa Ricans, just by being yourself.

Whether your free time includes golf, ecological hikes or surveying fierce rivers, it will be immensely more enjoyable when combined with the use of your time, skills and energy to get social programs up and running. Participation in the Volunteer in Costa Rica program delivers the best of both worlds, from exploring a secure, picturesque tropical paradise to implementing local-level projects that can revolutionize lives.

Robert

Teaching English (Puntarenas)

Overall it was an awesome experience. The host family was generous and friendly. The school was wonderful. A couple of thoughts, first I would highly recommend you know Spanish. Second, the accommodations were very basic so be ready for that but the meals were delicious. The students were lovely and eager to learn. The faculty seemed organized. It can be hectic at times in the classroom but if you enjoy teaching it is a really rewarding program and something you will always remember.

More staff and proper organization would make this program even better.
Julie

Amazing Family Experience

When I signed up for my 12-year old son, 16-year old daughter, and I to volunteer in Costa Rica for February school vacation week, I hoped that we would have fun, meet new people, study Spanish, enjoy warm weather, and give back. We got all that and so much more. The orphanage was wonderful. The nuns and workers were fabulous caretakers. We loved how the older girls helped take care of the younger children and how each of the houses were organized like families. We all really enjoyed studying Spanish every night and then putting it into practice with the kids, our volunteer home host, and the orphanage workers every day. The food at our volunteer home was yummy and it was nice to be in a "real" neighborhood and not a touristy location.

A couple days when we showed up at the orphanage for a morning volunteer shift, the kids were at school for a half day in the morning or we showed up for an afternoon shift and the kids were at school for a half day in the afternoon. I felt like we could have been more helpful playing with the kids if we knew about their schedule and were there at the same time. As it was, we found time to play with the preschool age kids and help the workers with cleaning, etc., so this was really just a small thing. We were asked NOT to take pictures of the children...presumably for their safety and privacy.