Sustainable Community Development Program Officer

You will be trained on-site to fulfill the vision and mission of the Center by developing sustainable community development programs and seeking grant funds that will support these initiatives. You will play a key role in the collaborative planning of ongoing and future projects at the Center and in the local community. For all volunteer positions, we welcome you to get involved in any or all projects that are going on at the Center, whether with animal welfare, social and economic justice, or environmental protection – delve into your interests and passions! We can also personalize your experience by combining elements of different positions to find the best fit for you.

We are looking for people who are passionate about sustainability, community-based projects, animal welfare and/or the environment! We are also looking for people who have experience with grant writing and project development.

• Hands-on experience in environmental and sustainable community development
  • Directly contribute to local community initiatives
  • Spanish language and cultural immersion
  • Relax in the breathtaking rivers and forests and explore the incredible tropical biodiversity!
  • Free lodging at the Sustainability Demonstration Center

Ariana

Fantastic experience

I spent 9 months here helping out and it was absolutely life changing. The owners are so helpful and full of knowledge. I learned so much about environmental issues and the importance of growing organically. The community was very welcoming and I quickly made friends with the locals. I loved having a variety of tasks to do such as caring for the animals, giving tours, some office work, and helping out with/ taking classes and workshops held at the Center. I was really able to work on my Spanish and learn how to live with people from different backgrounds. Overall great experience and would highly recommend!

About Sustainability Demonstration Center

The Sustainability Demonstration Center is a nonprofit organization near Monteverde, Costa Rica that leads community-based projects focused on environmental protection, social and economic justice, and animal welfare. We promote local community...