Immersive Volunteer Opportunities in Costa Rica

Hibiscus Travels offers a multitude of volunteer projects in Costa Rica including, animal shelters both domestic and exotic, hospitals and clinics, schools and orphanages, and agricultural sites. During the volunteer stay you can choose from our company housing or a host family. At either site Hibiscus will provide transportation, meal plans, and airport pickup/drop off. We also have excursion and trips options for those feeling adventurous during their stay.

• Volunteer with exotic animals and even turtle sanctuaries.
  • Immerse yourself in the rich Latin culture and life that makes Costa Rica beautiful.
  • Help communites that lack resources but not happiness and life.
  • Build your resume with volunteer work in schools or hospitals.

Impact

Judy

Great Program for those who want to make a difference

I came across their website on Facebook and was pleased to find programs and projects that benefit the community. I really wanted to do something to make a difference before grad school, and this program was the perfect fit. I taught English to the elementary students of the town. In the evenings, Lauren and I held community classes for the adults of the community, and surprising most were so willing to learn and knew so much already. As previous participants have mentioned already, Lauren answered any questions I had before I arrived. The house I slept in was comfortable and included wifi. I included the beach tour with my package and i'm so glad I did. The beaches on the pacific coast are gorgeous! If you are looking for a vacation that will make a different, choose HIbiscus Travels.

Jay

great for study abroad!

Lauren was great, she answered any questions I had before arrival and took care of everything while I was here. She even took the time to take me on a tour of the city to show me the best places to eat and more. Teaching english to a community that really wants to learn was so rewarding. I recieved school credit for this program but I also gained an experience I wont ever forget. I also opted in for an extra excursion on the weekend - I'm so glad I did!

heather

Excellent Program

I volunteered with Hibiscus during my Spring Break. We cleaned up beaches and helped teach english to the community at one of the schools in town. Lauren was great- she took care of everything for us , transportaion, food options, everything! We even got the chance to check out the sea turtle rescue - it was so cool learning about the turtles but sad to hear how they are becoming an extinct species. It was also cool to be immersed in the culture of CR, we stayed in a house in a non-tourist city so I really got a feel for the Latin community. Best spring break ever

About Hibiscus Travels

Hibiscus Travels has been in operation for over 5 years and has successfully hosted over +3,000 travellers, students, interns and volunteers.
We focus on using a portion of Hibiscus Travels' profits to improve multiple communities through the...