Most Affordable & Meaningful Volunteer Program in Costa Rica!

Our program participates in a wide variety of worthwhile volunteer opportunities. Each week includes at least one project in Social Responsibility, Environmental Conservation, and Animal Welfare.

Animal Conservation
-Sea Turtle Conservation
-Veterinary Assistance
-Exotic Animals
-Stray Animals Rescue and Adoption Program

Social Responsibility
-Teaching Abroad: Community education classes (English language, valuable skills, etc.)
-Community Development (playsets for schools or parks, painting of local buildings)
-Family and Community Support Center for Local Village
-Indigenous Tribe: Promoting Awareness and Cultural Preservation
-Child Care for At-Risk Children (Orphanage)
-Aiding Children with Special Needs

Environmental Conservation
-Environmental Conservation and Increasing Awareness

Dormitory Accommodations with WiFi or Host Family
Daily Meals: Traditional Breakfast & Dinner
Hibiscus Volunteer Program Activities
Airport Pick-Up*

• As low as $50/day with 2 meals, housing, airport pick up*, basic Spanish classes and program!
  • Build your resume & gain community service hours with volunteer work or in-field internship experience
  • Sea Turtle Conservation, Veterinary Assistant, Exotic Animals, Stray Animals Rescue & Adoption Program, Environmental Conservation
  • Orphanage, Teaching Abroad, Community Development, Support Center for Local Village, Indigenous Tribe, Children with Special Needs

Impact

Animal, social, and environmental impact for community.

Judy

Great Program for those who want to make a difference

I came across their website on Facebook and was pleased to find programs and projects that benefit the community. I really wanted to do something to make a difference before grad school, and this program was the perfect fit. I taught English to the elementary students of the town. In the evenings, Lauren and I held community classes for the adults of the community, and surprising most were so willing to learn and knew so much already. As previous participants have mentioned already, Lauren answered any questions I had before I arrived. The house I slept in was comfortable and included wifi. I included the beach tour with my package and i'm so glad I did. The beaches on the pacific coast are gorgeous! If you are looking for a vacation that will make a different, choose HIbiscus Travels.

Jay

great for study abroad!

Lauren was great, she answered any questions I had before arrival and took care of everything while I was here. She even took the time to take me on a tour of the city to show me the best places to eat and more. Teaching english to a community that really wants to learn was so rewarding. I recieved school credit for this program but I also gained an experience I wont ever forget. I also opted in for an extra excursion on the weekend - I'm so glad I did!

heather

Excellent Program

I volunteered with Hibiscus during my Spring Break. We cleaned up beaches and helped teach english to the community at one of the schools in town. Lauren was great- she took care of everything for us , transportaion, food options, everything! We even got the chance to check out the sea turtle rescue - it was so cool learning about the turtles but sad to hear how they are becoming an extinct species. It was also cool to be immersed in the culture of CR, we stayed in a house in a non-tourist city so I really got a feel for the Latin community. Best spring break ever

About Hibiscus Travel & Volunteer

Help those in need, gain valuable first hand in-field experience, travel and explore Costa Rica starting at $50/day with two daily meals and housing! We offer Internships, Volunteering, Spanish Immersion, Travel & Tours, and more!
The Hibiscus Travel...