- Costa Rica
View Other Details
* All activities: zip line activity, inner tube down a river, boat ride through the mangroves, visit an animal rescue center and more…
* All meals included: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
* 3 nights coastal lodging near a local conservancy
* 4-night lodging at 3-star hotel
* Local volunteer project of up to 15 hours on the Pacific side
* Expert local guides to support and inform you
* Admissions to all scheduled events throughout the trip
* Gratuities for hotels, meals & transportation included.
**Due to limited hotel availability and increased demand during 12/19-12/26, prices rise to $3495 adult/ $2995 child**
Dive into Costa Rica's animal kingdom, and get up-close and personal with rare and endangered species including howler monkeys, butterflies, toucans, and of course sea turtles. You will be based on the Nicoya Peninsula and spend 3-4 days either releasing baby sea turtles back into the ocean or observing nesting sea turtles depending on the season. End the trip with a zip lining adventure through the trees and tubing adventure down the nearby river.
Our Purpose: The population of Costa Rican sea turtles has declined by 90% since 1980. Over the course of the time we spend on the coast, we’ll dig up hatched nests to determine the hatch success rate, do a beach cleanup, and release baby turtles back into the ocean. We’ll also do night patrols to gather eggs and collect scientific data. Our presence at these unique locations ensures that living sea turtles are much more valuable to the local economy than turtles sold for eggs, meat or jewelry.
- Release baby turtles back into the ocean during peak nesting season (mid Aug - Dec)
- Head out each night for beach patrols to observe nesting sea turtles during off-peak nesting season (Jul - mid Aug)
- Boat through unspoiled mangroves to view crocodiles and tropical birds
- Fly through the treetops on a zip line adventure
- Go tubing down a jungle river surrounded by lush vegetation