- Costa Rica
View Other Details
4 week Expedition $2,900
7 week Expedition $4,400
10 week Expedition $4,900
As a charity we talk about fundraising rather than costs, and encourage everyone to do some fundraising for their Expedition. We offer lots of ways to help with fundraising and we have supported thousands of young people to reach their target.
All our projects are driven by the needs of the communities we work in, and more than 80% of our income goes directly to the projects, so you can be sure that you're having a lasting, positive impact.
Joining a Raleigh Costa Rica programme is a truly unique experience that allows you to take part in different projects, equip yourself with new skills, create lasting change with the communities we work with and take urgent action on environmental issues.
Work with innovative young people of Costa Rica, one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, to preserve its natural resources. You will improve access to national parks by working with park rangers on the Natural Resource Management project. On the Community Resilience project you will work with local indigenous communities to improve access to education for some of Costa Rica’s most marginalised children by improving educational infrastructure Lastly, build your skills on the adventure leadership trek. Challenge yourself on trek and help lead your team through a variety of stunning routes that tourists don’t get access to.
- Our programs run for 4, 7, and 10 weeks throughout the year, so you can join during your gap year.
- Work with local people to improve their access to education on the indigenous Community project.
- Take part in an Adventure Leadership Trek through a variety of stunning landscapes that tourists don’t get access to.
- Develop essential teamwork, leadership, intercultural learning, and active citizenship skills and knowledge – the foundation for young people to become future leaders.
- Work with innovative Costa Rican youth to help create a more inclusive society.
Become part of a global community dedicated to supporting youth-led action. Young people are continuing to take action in their own communities once they return, from creating sustainable start-ups, to challenging gender inequality and calling for action on the climate emergency and human rights.
If we are going to finally defeat poverty and injustice, find sustainable ways to protect our planet and achieve the UN Global Goals, young people must be the ones taking the lead and driving the solutions.