Raleigh Expedition is an international volunteering program, open to all and engaging young people from around the world. It is one a four programs delivered by the youth driven development charity, Raleigh International.
The Expedition program engages volunteers in creating long lasting change on community, environmental and adventure leadership projects. These projects help tackle environmental issues, access to education for all, and alleviate poverty. All our work contributes towards the sustainable development goals and safety is at the heart of everything we do.
You could spend 4, 7 or 10 weeks volunteering in one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, home to national parks, volcanoes and stunning landscapes. It’s a real volunteer experience you will never forget. Real people, real projects, real change.
Change Starts on Expedition in Costa Rica.
- Work alongside local people to improve their access to education on the indigenous Community project.
- Help conserve Costa Rica’s biodiversity and improve access to national parks on the Environmental project.
- Trek through rainforest and up volcanoes on a variety of stunning routes that tourists don’t get access to.
- Work with Costa Rican youth to help create a more inclusive society.
- Work alongside innovative young local people, leading the international fight against climate change.
In 2018, we helped promote eco-tourism in Costa Rica by improving trails in national parks. We planted new trees in conservation areas and supported local environmental education. 21 communities improved their knowledge about climate change and what they can do about it.
2020 Programs now recruiting
We are now recruitment for our 2020 summer programs in Nepal, Costa Rica and Tanzania departing in June. Visit our website today to find out more.