Change Starts in Costa Rica
Come to one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, home to national parks, volcanoes, and stunning landscapes and work with innovative young people of Costa Rica to preserve its natural resources. You will help conserve Costa Rica’s biodiversity and improve access to national parks by working with rangers in national parks on the environmental project.
Join forces with local indigenous communities on the community project to improve access to education for some of Costa Rica’s most marginalised/disadvantaged children by improving educational infrastructure. Improving school facilities in these marginalised communities will help (our project partners) create a more inclusive society for all Costa Ricans.
Lastly, build your skills on the adventure leadership trek. Challenge yourself on trek and help lead your team through rainforest and up volcanoes on a variety of stunning routes that tourists don’t get access to.
- Work alongside local people to improve their access to education on the indigenous Community project.
- Take part in an Adventure Leadership Trek through rainforest and up volcanoes on a variety of stunning routes that tourists don’t get access to.
- Work with Costa Rican youth to help create a more inclusive society.
- Develop essential teamwork, leadership, intercultural learning, and active citizenship skills and knowledge – the foundation for young people to become future leaders.
- Work on meaningful community led projects, contributing to the Global Goals.
We’re holding development projects to account using technology, developing the skills to run behaviour change campaigns and reducing the impact of climate change on communities most at risk. Youth-driven change is getting things done!
Join over 55,000 people from over 100 countries and become part of a global community dedicated to supporting youth-led action. Young people are continuing to take action in their own communities once they return, from creating sustainable start-ups, to challenging gender inequality and calling for action on the climate emergency and human rights.
If we are going to finally defeat poverty and injustice, find sustainable ways to protect our planet and achieve the Global Goals, young people must be the ones taking the lead and driving the solutions. Read our 2018 impact report at: raleighinternational.org/our-work/our-impact