Cuba: "Building Bridges" with Discover Corps

Over the course of the trip, you will engage with the children of Muraleando to not only help revitalize Lawton, but build bridges of friendship as relations between the U.S. and Cuba begin to warm. Lend a hand at the community center with painting or light refurbishing projects, take art workshops alongside children and members of the center, and more.

In your free time, explore the natural beauty and vibrant culture of this Caribbean island. Whether it's taking dance classes with the local community, visiting the home of Ernest Hemingway or uncovering the colonial plazas of Old Havana, experience a side of Cuba many never see.

Throughout your trip you will be staying in casas particulares, or private family-run bed & breakfasts in Cuba with air conditioning and a fresh breakfast each morning. Plus, Discover Corps helps with paperwork to make sure you and your family are attending the country safely and legally and can enjoy your trip without worrying about a thing!

• Lend a hand at the community center with painting or light refurbishing projects, and take art workshops alongside children and members of the community
  • Take an overnight journey to the colonial towns of Trinidad and Cienfuegos and relive history at the Bay of Pigs
  • Visit the home of Ernest Hemingway
  • Enjoy salsa dancing classes with the local community and sample amazing cuisine
  • Explore the vibrant colors of Havana before heading back to your private "air bnb" style apartment

Jean

Cuba June-July 2015

I highly recommend Discover Corps for a trip to Cuba. The entire trip exceeded all expectations.

The agenda was very well organized, diversified, informative and interesting.

The purpose of the trip was "people to people". We were introduced to artists, dancers, musicians, professors, economists, students and farmers.

The hotel and restaurant accommodations exceeded expectations as well.

We had a wonderful Cuban guide, Dayron, who made the trip truly memorable.

I highly recommend a trip to Cuba with Discover Corps.

R

Bridges were Built

Thoughtful programming and excellent staffing with local partners. We entered Cuban urban neighborhoods and local clubs and salons. The food was over the top and creatively served by family restaurantepreuners in private Art Deco homes. Public art and architecture abound on itinerary, along with cultural and natural heritage, Cuban Revolutionary history, private showings and interactions with Cuban cultural ambassadors. At first glance I thought ithe trip was pricy; Excellent value for the authentic people to people CubaNow experience. Good companion trip with Belize:)

Mas Virgin Mohitos
Eileen

Trip of a lifetime to CUBA

This is the second time my family and I have traveled with DiscoverCorps. The educational and cultural experiences were extremely informative and enlightening. Experiences, I think, you do not get with any other group. Meetings with artists, doctors, professors, musicians, community program leaders and local families. The tour guide was a fountain of knowledge; If he did not know the answer he would find out and get back to you. I felt extremely safe and well taken care of. CUBA is a must see with a company that has the in-depth people-to-people connections with the fast changing country. I would choose DiscoverCorps again.

Minor things: Provide more water on the bus. One large meal a day vs 2.
N

Cuba in Eight Days

The Discover Corps Cuba tour of eight days was filled with thought-provoking sites and community activities--my favorite the Habana Compas Dance. I have additional questions that had been mentioned in conversations with our well-informed trip leaders. I want to investigate more fully the lives of Cubans which fulfils my lifestyle of a life-long learner.

Visits to art museums, the ballet and the theater.

About Discover Corps

Discover Corps is a new way to travel. Our authentic, off the beaten track itineraries plug travelers into the daily lives of local people.

Our team of local Program Hosts gives you unparalleled access to the lives of people and the stories of...