- Revitalize the neighborhood of Lawton by working with youth to create murals for the town, repairing nearby soccer fields, and more.
- Take an overnight journey to the colonial towns of Trinidad and Cienfuegos and relive history at the Bay of Pigs
- Visit the home of Ernest Hemingway
- Enjoy salsa dancing classes with the local community and sample amazing cuisine
- Explore the vibrant colors of Havana before heading back to your private "air bnb" style apartment
Over the course of the trip, you will engage with the children of Muraleando to not only help revitalize Lawton, but build bridges of friendship as relations between the U.S. and Cuba begin to warm. Participate in projects with youth such as creating ceramic tiles for the town's murals, repair the nearby soccer fields, play sports with the local children, and more.
In your free time, explore the natural beauty and vibrant culture of this Caribbean island. Whether it's taking dance classes with the local community, visiting the home of Ernest Hemingway or uncovering the colonial plazas of Old Havana, experience a side of Cuba many never see.
Throughout your trip you will be staying in casas particulares, or private family-run bed & breakfasts in Cuba with air conditioning and a fresh breakfast each morning. Plus, Discover Corps helps with paperwork to make sure you and your family are attending the country safely and legally and can enjoy your trip without worrying about a thing!
View Program Information
* Small group touring: between 6-15 travelers
* Bilingual expert Cuban guide
* Private Cuban driver
* Pure bottled water while touring
* All meals in Cuba
* Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at restaurants or in Cuban families’ homes
* 5 nights accommodation in casas particulares in Havana
* 2 nights hotel accommodation in Cienfuegos
* All scheduled activities
* All in-country ground transportation and airport transfers via air-conditioned van
* Discover Corps Cuba pre-departure booklet
* 24-hour Discover Corps emergency hotline
* Tips for luggage handling, restaurants, and programmed activities throughout tour*
* Legal documentation of your people-to-people program