COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Discover Corps has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Over the course of the trip, you will engage with the children of Muraleando to not only help revitalize Lawton, but build bridges of friendship as relations between the U.S. and Cuba begin to warm. Lend a hand at the community center with painting or light refurbishing projects, take art workshops alongside children and members of the center, and more.
In your free time, explore the natural beauty and vibrant culture of this Caribbean island. Whether it's taking dance classes with the local community, visiting the home of Ernest Hemingway or uncovering the colonial plazas of Old Havana, experience a side of Cuba many never see.
Throughout your trip you will be staying in casas particulares, or private family-run bed & breakfasts in Cuba with air conditioning and a fresh breakfast each morning. ***UPDATE: Even after the June 2019 U.S. restrictions on travel to Cuba, Discover Corps can legally operate trips due to its specialized "Support for Cuban People" license.
- Lend a hand at the community center with painting or light refurbishing projects, and take art workshops alongside children and members of the community
- Take an overnight journey to the colonial towns of Trinidad and Cienfuegos and relive history at the Bay of Pigs
- Visit the home of Ernest Hemingway
- Enjoy salsa dancing classes with the local community and sample amazing cuisine
- Explore the vibrant colors of Havana before heading back to your private "air bnb" style apartment