COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Discover Corps has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
Cuba is synonymous with art and music. This is a great opportunity to meet fascinating people, such as artists and musicians, and visit inspirational community-based collectives that embody the Cuban rhythm of life, enjoy exclusive dance performances, and more. You'll also be immersed in Cuban culture, eating at paladars - private restaurants that are family owned and only recently accepted by the Cuban government. You also have the opportunity to stay at family-run casa particulares, or bed & breakfasts, and share a meal with a local family.
The journey begins in the capital of Havana, then sweeps southwest through the cobblestone streets and pastel-colored buildings of Trinidad and then the French-inspired town of Cienfuegos – three stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites. ***UPDATE: Even after the June 2019 U.S. restrictions on travel to Cuba, Discover Corps can legally operate trips due to its specialized "Support for Cuban People" license.
- Explore Havana's eclectic mix of architectural styles and vibrant art and music scene
- Walk along the French-inspired seaside boulevards of Cienfuegos and witness a private guitar ensemble
- Soak in the beauty of Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stay in casa particulares, or private-run bed & breakfasts, and share meals with the local family
- Eat at the finest paladars, or private family-run restaurants, and explore authentic Cuban cuisine