Cuba: Celebration of Arts and Culture with Discover Corps

Cuba is synonymous with art and music. This is a great opportunity to meet fascinating people, such as artists and musicians, and visit inspirational community-based collectives that embody the Cuban rhythm of life, enjoy exclusive dance performances, and more. You'll also be immersed in Cuban culture, eating at paladars - private restaurants that are family owned and only recently accepted by the Cuban government. You also have the opportunity to stay at family-run casa particulares, or bed & breakfasts, and share a meal with the family and exchange thoughts and ideas.

The journey begins in the capital of Havana, then sweeps southwest through the cobblestone streets and pastel-colored buildings of Trinidad and then the French-inspired town of Cienfuegos – three stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites. This trip allows travelers to experience Cuba at arguably the most unique time in its history.

• Explore Havana's eclectic mix of architectural styles and vibrant art and music scene
  • Walk along the French-inspired seaside boulevards of Cienfuegos and witness a private guitar ensemble
  • Soak in the beauty of Trinidad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
  • Stay in casa particulares, or private-run bed & breakfasts, and share meals with the local family
  • Eat at the finest paladars, or private family-run restaurants, and explore authentic Cuban cuisine

Dan

Everyone should experience Cuba

I went with my 2 teenager children and my mom for an 8 day trip to Cuba that included 2018 New Years. We had an incredible experience from start to finish and highly recommend this trip. It was great having a private driver, a comfortable, air conditioned vehicle and a tour guide with us virtually the entire time that could answer questions for us and show us around. We usually take trips on our own, so this was a very different experience and we loved it. We were very happy with the level of support we received from the tour operator and their itinerary for us. What an amazing memorable trip.

Diana

Excellent Trip

Discover Corps's Celebration of Arts and Culture program is really special. I highly recommend it as an introduction to Cuba, a beautiful country full of creative and friendly people. The best parts of the experience, in no particular order, were the small group size (three travelers in my trip), food (!), the ever-present art and music in Havana and Trinidad, the different varieties of city architecture (especially in Havana), and our funny and very knowledgeable guide, Ela.

Discover Corps provides several great activities, including visits to the community art project Muraleando, the Havana Museum of Fine Arts, a tour of Old Havana, the Bay of Pigs, and Hemingway's home.

I would recommend that all travelers with Discover Corps review the online Travel Portal for their specific trip, as a lot of helpful information is listed there regarding currency exchange, local customs, suggestions for tipping, and even recommended reading material. Staff members are also available to answer any questions from prospective travelers.

About Discover Corps

Discover Corps is a new way to travel. Our authentic, off the beaten track itineraries plug travelers into the daily lives of local people.

Our team of local Program Hosts gives you unparalleled access to the lives of people and the stories of...