GeoVisions-Volunteer in Cuba

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from GeoVisions Foundation.

group picture
group picture

Want to go somewhere few people have gone before? Ready for an adventure? Want to improve your Spanish, learn Salsa dance, immerse in the Spanish culture?

Join GeoVisions for our Cultural program in Cuba program, where we invite travelers to experience Cuba, stay in Casa Particulares (government approved guest house), engage with the locals, and gain a memory of a lifetime. Program length varies from 2 to 6 weeks. Breakfast and lunch provided.

For the Cuba program, you do not need a degree nor speak Spanish. In fact, we will be making some edits on the page this weekend to reflect that Spanish classes are now part of the program.

Suzanne
No, I don't recommend this program

Their are undoubtedly better agencies to go through

I signed on with Geovisions because, being from the USA, they were one of the few programs that came up in my search and from their description they seemed to be the most appealing. They were quick to respond to my first contact, quick to register me for their "Teach English in Cuba program and quick to send invoices. That was where the quick responsiveness ended. I understand that things in Cuba change quickly and that it can be frustrating but that didn't explain everything. I often had to make several attempts and wait many days to get answers to my questions and, often, their reps seemed to be put out by my requests for information. At one point, being very frustrated, I pushed hard enough to be passed onto the director, Randy Grant. Once I had the opportunity to talk to Randy I felt that my questions were more adequately answered and that I had a better idea of the program and the situation in Cuba.
Additionally, no one from Geovisions made attempt to screen me or my traveling companion to find out if we were even qualified to teach English.
I had experienced volunteer placement in other countries through IVHQ so I know what it is to be informed and supported.
I would not use Geovisions again.

About GeoVisions Foundation

Get paid to teach English abroad or be an au pair. Volunteer to tutor English or be a language summer camp counselor. This is a great way to reward yourself with a working vacation for 1 to 12 months in Thailand, France, Italy, and 10 other countries...