- Work with the community to build schools and medical clinics out of reusable plastic bottles
- Snorkel over crystal blue Caribbean waters and cool off in freshwater pools of an ecological park
- Stay in an eco-lodge built using sustainable methods are locally sourced materials
- Meet dynamic leaders implementing cutting-edge social programs
- Volunteer in communities of displaced Haitian immigrants known as bateys
Experience parts of the Caribbean most travelers never see. Visit the rural mountain villages that hold the true culture and history surrounded by idyllic beaches and vibrant culture. The North Coast is known for its welcoming people - step into any quaint seaside town and be immediately welcomed in like family. This is truly the Dominical Republic that tourists don't see.
On this volunteer vacation, you'll spend time on the beach but also volunteer to help impoverished communities by constructing sustainable "bottle" schools and planting organic gardens to improve overall community health. These structures teach environmental awareness, open the community to new building techniques, and provide a sense of ownership as we come together as one to work on the projects. These schools and clinics provide a much needed resource for the communities, which lack this basic infrastructure.
Stay in thatched-roof chalets with private bathrooms, a swimming pool & walking distance from the beach.
View Program Information
Our trips are inclusive of all activities, lodging, transport and meals to make your experience hassle-free. Here’s a sample of what’s included:
* All meals included: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
* 7 nights beachfront lodging in Playa Las Canas
* Airport transfers and all ground transportation
* Volunteer project: all supplies, materials and approximately 15 volunteer hours
* All activities: 2 guest speakers, 3 hands-on workshops
* Features: excursion to Dudu Ecological Park, boat ride and snorkeling in the Caribbean
* An active daily itinerary including lectures, day trips and work assignments alongside the local community
* All gratuities for hotels, meals, baggage & transportation
* All land transportation during the trip with licensed drivers
* $50,000 emergency medical evacuation insurance
* Trip literature