Realize your passion for outdoor fitness. At the same time, make a difference in the lives of people from local communities! The Pico Duarte: Trek for Clean Water is an ideal program for runners, marathoners, triathletes, hikers, adventure seekers, and movers and shakers.
Take part in a trek to the peak of Pico Duarte, the Caribbean’s tallest mountain, together with BLUE Missions and other adventure seekers. This program aims to provide families in the Dominican Republic with access to clean water and sanitation.
This trek involves a three-day hike across 27.6 miles of tropical and pine forests to reach the summit at 10,128 feet above sea level. Afterward, we will travel to the partner community that we have worked with to help locals overcome water crisis. We will spend a few hours connecting with them and then relax on the beach in the afternoon.
- Hike the tallest peak in the Caribbean while raising money for safe water and sanitation projects.
- Go on a 3-day hike through the beautiful countryside forests of the Dominican Republic.
- Take on the ultimate physical and mental challenge, which ends being very rewarding once you reach the summit.
- Visit a community after the hike that has benefited from a BLUE Missions water or sanitation project.
- Make memories you'll never forget and bond with a group of like-minded individuals who are passionate about making an impact in our world.