- Dominican Republic
- Santo Domingo
View Other Details
If you find yourself daydreaming of exotic destinations and fun-filled adventures and the thought of a repetitive 9-5 job bores you, a volunteer or internship placement in the Dominican Republic may be just what you need. Aldeas de Paz now offers a wide range of programs & activities to students who want to get a head start in their career and gain first-hand experience in one or more of the following programs:
● Youth Care & Community Intervention
● Diving & Marine Conservation,
● Medicine, Healthcare & Dental Care
● Social Multi-Media Journalism
● NGO Administration and Management
● Animal Rescue & Farm Maintenance
● Diving & Marine Conservation
We encourage volunteers & interns to form schedules that work for them. You decide how many hours you want to work and for how many days per week in which program. Additionally, volunteers have a unique chance to present and implement their own ideas and projects! Share your vision and gain our support!
- Gain insight into all aspect of the running of an NGO, teach English, computer literacy, first aid or sport classes,
- Practice and further develop your social media skills while experiencing a foreign culture!
- Gain invaluable hands-on experience in medicine, health care or dental care, working side by side with medical staff at a local clinic!
- Learn diving and help protect the marine environment and enjoy fun-filled adventures!
- Gain practical experiences while building relationships with leaders in the field and kick-start your career!
A typical volunteer or intern needs to be enthusiastic, willing to learn, ready for a challenge, have a desire to take initiative and dedicate a lot of caring and passion to the position. Friendliness, care, commitment and patience are just a few important qualities. We welcome individual volunteers, families and groups regardless of age, experience, or background.