7 Elements has been in the Dominican Republic for over 10 years. In partnership with Universities, Organizations and High Schools, 7e facilitates short-term immersive programs that focus on education, sustainability, Global Health, and Human Security Threats around the world. On your trip, you will stay in 7e's rustic Indalo Lodge on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic in a community called Las Canas.
Each day, students will participate in a variety of culturally immersive activities that include locally led projects and initiatives and visits. Projects in the Dominican Republic consist of Bottle House building, Bottle Bathroom and Latrines, Medical Brigades with Local Doctors, Water Tank Construction and other Human Security Focuses initiatives. Every Program is accompanied by an educational curriculum that focuses on each program's thematic area, such as, Global Health, Human Security, Environment, Local Economy and more!
- Learn about the United Nation's Human Security Model and explore global threats to Human Security
- Participate in projects related to local infrastructure, health and economy!
- Learn about the Island of Hispaniola and the history between Dominican & Haitian Culture!
- Snorkel on the beautiful North Coast of the Dominican Republic in Sosua!
- Participate in Community Mapping & recreational activities with local communities to understand the culture of the Dom. Republic!