Environmental Volunteer Projects in Quito, Ecuador

Live and work with a small sustainable community on the edge of a volcanic crater. The community consists of 50 families and you will have the opportunity to teach English, learn how to make artisanal cheese, marmalade and arts and crafts. Enjoy playing soccer and volleyball in the afternoons with the community members.

• Cheese making, endangered bears, volcanoes, arts and crafts, community soccer

Impact

Program focus: language and cultural exchange, sustainable development & agriculture, conservation, rural community life

Ashley

Amazing Experience in the Mountains of Ecuador

From the bustling town of Quito to the quiet village Yunguilla, it is safe to say that no matter where we were, the leaders had tons of awesome activities in every location. I went to Ecuador last spring (school trip) with this organization, and can honestly say that this was one of the best trips I have been on. The food was amazing, the people were so genuine and kind, and the culture was so welcoming!

Awesome trip- not much to improve on, however, maybe less time biking and more time spent in the towns.
Nga

Immersed in culture

I went to the cloud forest with 15 students for an educational abroad program and through this experience, we were all touched by the kind hospitality of our host families. Everyone was friendly and we enjoyed the home made Ecuadorian dinner. The village is in a beautiful location of hills and full of lush vegetation. Initially, it was hard to acclimate to the elevation. Especially since we started our trip with planting trees up in the hills, but once our bodies stabilized, it was just taking in the breathtaking views. The best part was riding in the back of pick up truck's to the forest planting sites. Perhaps it was a bit dangerous but honestly the fresh air, the wind blowing through your hair, the feeling of being one with nature, and the slight roller-coaster effect made for the best memories.

Don't have the groups go during their party nights. There was loud, booming music all night into the morning hours.
Prince

Greatest experience of my life

I had one of the most incredible expierences traveling to the cloud forests and witnessing the incredible beauty the country had to offer. It truely was one of the best trips of my life, one that I will never forget. Getting the opportunity to live with villagers and interact with them taught me a lot about overcoming language barriers and allowed me to expirence the authenticity of Ecuadorian culture. The best meals I had were probably with the families we stayed with. I would recommend this program to anyone with full confidence that they will fall in love with Ecuador.

Soham

An Authentic Travel Experience

I have traveled to many different countries and experienced them both as a native and a tourist. I can confidently say that this program provides you a genuine experience when traveling. The guides on our trip had real human connections with the people in the community we stayed in which shows the work they put into providing a genuine adventure travelling abroad, as their name states. They were committed to making our time in the Nimbo Cloud Forest enjoyable and prepared us well for our time with our home stay, helping us learn about the local community.

Charles

Connect and Explore

My experience in the village we stayed in was so moving and fulfilling. The ability to see new things, meet new people, practice a new language, all the while making a difference was really special. The staff were very professional, informative, and attuned to the needs of our group. This made for a great experience for our school group, and had many of the participants looking to return to this community to be of more service in the future. I think the best part of the whole experience were the connections that were made with the local people we met. I would certainly do it again!

More awesome downhill biking experiences:)

About Genuine Adventures Traveling Abroad

GATA operates safe, high quality trips for groups and individuals that support local communities and ecosystems. We expand both the global and self awareness of our travelers through dynamic cultural experiences, community service projects, and the...